These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Need This Now: Stored Character Portraits

First post
Author
Talvorian Dex
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-07-12 03:32:21 UTC
I really like my character's portrait. So much so, in fact, that though I've considered buying some clothes with aurum (and on the market), I held off. Why? Because if I change my character portrait, I will never be able to get this one back. Ever. I've found something I like.

So, CCP, please allow us to store character portraits for use in the future, a bank of saved portraits if you will. The character creator can already do it short-term while you're in it, I'm sure we can make this happen. You'll have at least one more person who would buy that dank character swag.

Two, actually. My wife is eager to do this too.

Writer of Target Caller, an Eve Online PvP blog, at http://targetcaller.blogspot.com

Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Doomheim
#2 - 2015-07-12 04:02:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Disregard, I misinterpreted what the thread was about.
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#3 - 2015-07-12 05:11:00 UTC
Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to match a portrait exactly. It would be nice to be able to save 3 or so and be able to freely swap between them.

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#4 - 2015-07-12 06:37:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Webvan
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:
As far as I've always known,
If you change anything about your character, and then go into the portrait window, it will go to the same pose & background that made your last portrait.

Go, try it. It won't change your portrait unless you confirm the change. You can simply cancel out of the process if it doesn't look right.

Yep, I just changed mine after a couple years. btw navy sterling shirt on sale at jita 4-4 now Big smile
Had the same pose as always, already set, well until I fixed it a little, changed the smirk to the other side etc. A little better peering of the eye. Lighter hair color. Resculpt of course. Even after the resculpt is was the same signature pose there.
Now, having such a sharp suit fresh off of the exchange, and it looks sharp! why would I ever care to instantly flash back to some old clothes, or even standard issue newbie type clothing?? I see no point... This one matches my stealth bomber skin anyway, I cant imagine wanting to go back to newbie threads. Seems like wasted coding time.

http://i.imgur.com/kubUqmV.jpg
see?? see?? no need to ever go back. Just buy it.

PS still need black western cowboy hats in the exchange CCP :P

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Teinyhr
Ourumur
#5 - 2015-07-12 06:48:03 UTC
This was suggested back in the day when they actually had people working on Avatar gameplay, so I suppose this will fall on deaf ears, particularly because this is also the wrong forum.

However, I agree with you 100%, and you have my signature, my axe, and effeminate elven friend.
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#6 - 2015-07-12 06:55:24 UTC
+1.

Remove standings and insurance.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-07-12 07:13:59 UTC
I rarely look at other avatars ingame, so I consider the whole character creation system more a forum feature.
+1 to anything that buffs forum pvp and thus adds more endgame content.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#8 - 2015-07-12 11:22:06 UTC
What Zimmy said., Just, I also watch avatars ingame, specially from chat channels.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#9 - 2015-07-12 12:44:11 UTC
Talvorian Dex wrote:
I really like my character's portrait. So much so, in fact, that though I've considered buying some clothes with aurum (and on the market), I held off. Why? Because if I change my character portrait, I will never be able to get this one back. Ever. I've found something I like.

So, CCP, please allow us to store character portraits for use in the future, a bank of saved portraits if you will. The character creator can already do it short-term while you're in it, I'm sure we can make this happen. You'll have at least one more person who would buy that dank character swag.

Two, actually. My wife is eager to do this too.

I actually like that the angle changes every time slightly, that's how I got this one.
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2015-07-12 13:34:46 UTC
NEEEEERDS!!!!!!!! Lol

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Giaus Felix
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-07-12 13:50:39 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
I actually like that the angle changes every time slightly, that's how I got to be an evil night elf.

Fixed that for you Twisted

I came for the spaceships, I stayed for the tears.

Eternus8lux8lucis
Duckzer Mining Corporation
RAZOR Alliance
#12 - 2015-07-12 13:50:57 UTC
Yeah I agree but itd be more useful for it to be stored client side rather than server side. But would be interesting feature for sure.

+1

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#13 - 2015-07-12 14:02:14 UTC
Webvan wrote:
No thanks. This isn't cowboys in space.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#14 - 2015-07-12 18:06:00 UTC
I would love some animated avatar portraits P

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2015-07-12 18:31:32 UTC
Celise Katelo wrote:
I would love some animated avatar portraits P
Good luck with that in 256 palleted colours. Smile
Not even starting about the additional bandwith. Big smile

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#16 - 2015-07-12 19:01:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
Webvan wrote:
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:
As far as I've always known,
If you change anything about your character, and then go into the portrait window, it will go to the same pose & background that made your last portrait.

Go, try it. It won't change your portrait unless you confirm the change. You can simply cancel out of the process if it doesn't look right.

Yep, I just changed mine after a couple years. btw navy sterling shirt on sale at jita 4-4 now Big smile
Had the same pose as always, already set, well until I fixed it a little, changed the smirk to the other side etc. A little better peering of the eye. Lighter hair color. Resculpt of course. Even after the resculpt is was the same signature pose there.
Now, having such a sharp suit fresh off of the exchange, and it looks sharp! why would I ever care to instantly flash back to some old clothes, or even standard issue newbie type clothing?? I see no point... This one matches my stealth bomber skin anyway, I cant imagine wanting to go back to newbie threads. Seems like wasted coding time.

http://i.imgur.com/kubUqmV.jpg
see?? see?? no need to ever go back. Just buy it.

I don't recognize you as easily. Now that there's a thread topic about it I finally get to say it. It's like that video of the little girl getting freaked out over her dad's clean shaven beard.
ISD Supogo
ISD BH
#17 - 2015-07-12 20:19:36 UTC
Thread has been moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

ISD BH Supogo

Bughunter

Equipment Certification and Anomaly Investigations Division (ECAID)

Interstellar Services Department

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#18 - 2015-07-13 07:11:34 UTC
+1

Been saying the same thing for a long time. Two or three 'save slots' for portraits you can switch between would be rather damn awesome. I'd even happily pay aurum for slots.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#19 - 2015-07-13 14:15:58 UTC
I am confused. Have the slots in the customizer stopped storing the current portrait?

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

Xe'Cara'eos
A Big Enough Lever
#20 - 2015-07-13 18:13:58 UTC
no - but they've never saved old portraits

+1 to OP

For posting an idea into F&I: come up with idea, try and think how people could abuse this, try to fix your idea - loop the process until you can't see how it could be abused, then post to the forums to let us figure out how to abuse it..... If your idea can be abused, it [u]WILL[/u] be.

12Next page