These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

JF Low slots

Author
Seraxi Xadi
Navi Vault
#1 - 2015-07-10 00:26:37 UTC
I have just got back into eve and my JF has low slots :D im thrilled but wanted some advice on what to put in there?

Any past experiences or proven fits would be much appreciated :)

thanks guys :) !
GordonO
BURN EDEN
#2 - 2015-07-10 01:00:37 UTC
You would have noticed you have less hitpoints and less cargo space. So you can either put cargo expanders or some bulkheads, that's what I do anyway. You could probably put inertia or stabs..

... What next ??

Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
#3 - 2015-07-10 01:40:25 UTC
If armor a-type nano plating, if shield, reinforced bulkheads, if unsure what to do, reinforced bulkheads.

If wishing for a shiny loss mail, expanded cargoholds.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

GordonO
BURN EDEN
#4 - 2015-07-10 02:05:27 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:

Explain this please ?? its a jf not a hs hauler.. only time you at risk is when you getting from a low sec jump to a trade hub. Most cases you jumping from the trade hub to low sec and to make the trip worth it you filling your hold to the max. If you ferrying stuff to and from dodixie to amarr you deserve to become space dust

... What next ??

Seraxi Xadi
Navi Vault
#5 - 2015-07-10 03:39:07 UTC
GordonO wrote:

Explain this please ?? its a jf not a hs hauler.. only time you at risk is when you getting from a low sec jump to a trade hub. Most cases you jumping from the trade hub to low sec and to make the trip worth it you filling your hold to the max. If you ferrying stuff to and from dodixie to amarr you deserve to become space dust

No a JF can cyno into 0.0 to supply hard to reach areas. lots of isk to be maid.
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#6 - 2015-07-10 04:04:29 UTC
Seraxi Xadi wrote:
GordonO wrote:

No a JF can cyno into 0.0 to supply hard to reach areas. lots of isk to be maid.

Think that is what he is trying to say, cyno from jita (or whatever trade hub you buy stuff at) and land on a station in low/null
Valkin Mordirc
#7 - 2015-07-10 04:39:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkin Mordirc
With the recent Cyno changes I really doubt that you can cyno anywhere across EVE like you used to.

Also JF's get killed in Highsec all the time, putting Cargo-ex make you more liable for a gank if you have to move to a system to Cyno out of. If you just undocking and cyno and redocking then Cargo-Ex should be fine.

Also due to JFs having one point of CPU it can not fit Warp Stabs. The JF's get a reduction bonus to the CPU of bulkheads.
#DeleteTheWeak
Tiberius Heth
Doomheim
#8 - 2015-07-10 09:06:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Tiberius Heth
Don't fly a (jump) freighter unless you fit Bulkheads. Don't use a jump freighter straight from Jita but instead load it in a normal freighter, move it to a more quiet area while being closer to your jump destination and then swap to a JF.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#9 - 2015-07-11 05:57:39 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
With the recent Cyno changes I really doubt that you can cyno anywhere across EVE like you used to.

Also JF's get killed in Highsec all the time, putting Cargo-ex make you more liable for a gank if you have to move to a system to Cyno out of. If you just undocking and cyno and redocking then Cargo-Ex should be fine.

Also due to JFs having one point of CPU it can not fit Warp Stabs. The JF's get a reduction bonus to the CPU of bulkheads.

CCP gave JF magic powers to be either immune to or greatly reduced to jump changes. I think they might have gotten a range nerf, and still get some fatigue, but still have the longest jump, and get a 90% reduction (I think)

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Velarra
#10 - 2015-07-13 02:11:00 UTC
Please fit a tank. Please. Really. Tanks are good.

Think of your crews!!!!
Zura Namee
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-07-14 14:46:09 UTC
Seraxi Xadi wrote:
I have just got back into eve and my JF has low slots :D im thrilled but wanted some advice on what to put in there?

Any past experiences or proven fits would be much appreciated :)

thanks guys :) !

Always fit cargohold expanders, and fill your freighter up all the way to save on jumps!