These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The EVE experience

Author
Lister829 III
United Freedom-Star Republic
#41 - 2015-06-19 16:04:21 UTC
As far as documenting your path, I would be more interested in what your character does instead of what buttons you click on your screen to get your character to do...

CCP should explain the details of how you "take some stuff from a planet to make a POS Control Tower."

I still don't understand why CCP will not make official Feature documentation in a standard format. Hierarchical format would be awesome (high level overview that you can click on each step to get more details about that step)

I'm just saying :)
Lister829 III
#42 - 2015-06-19 16:18:03 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

Keep it on topic, please.
We are trying to discuss Azraella's avatar here.
Thank you very much.

This is why I want CCP to MAKE SOME DOCUMENTATION so I can find information about the game without having to deal with you characters and without having to piece it together from all of the Dev Blogs and release notes.

I have a life outside of the game. I want to play when I play. I don't want to waste my play time by HAVING TO figure everything out on my own and then try to play if I have time.

IJS :)
Freya Sertan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#43 - 2015-06-19 16:20:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Freya Sertan
Lister829 III wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

Keep it on topic, please.
We are trying to discuss Azraella's avatar here.
Thank you very much.

This is why I want CCP to MAKE SOME DOCUMENTATION so I can find information about the game without having to deal with you characters and without having to piece it together from all of the Dev Blogs and release notes.

I have a life outside of the game. I want to play when I play. I don't want to waste my play time by HAVING TO figure everything out on my own and then try to play if I have time.

IJS :)

Then Eve Online might not be a good fit for you. Part of the allure of the game is figuring it out. You don't have to figure it out alone, in fact, it's not recommended. The tutorials are not very good but then again, they don't have to be. And since you're in a player corp, why not ask your corpmates for help? That's why you're in it, right?

Edit: Nevermind, you're in a one person corp with an extremely questionable ticker. Kinda explains it all, really. Join a real corp, make friends, deal with "us characters" and play Eve.

New Eden isn't nice. It isn't friendly. It isn't very hospitiable. Good thing there are people here to shoot in the face.

Want to make New Eden a nice place? Try this out.

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
#44 - 2015-06-19 16:21:27 UTC
I like this idea, and it's a good example of using the tools of the sandbox to create your own content. I'd be very interested in seeing how you get on.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Lister829 III
#45 - 2015-06-20 10:35:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Lister829 III
Freya Sertan wrote:

Edit: Nevermind, you're in a one person corp with an extremely questionable ticker. Kinda explains it all, really. Join a real corp, make friends, deal with "us characters" and play Eve.

Thank you for your advice.
I will think about it twice.
As I run my own race.
In my own private space.

Be well and fly safe :)
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#46 - 2015-06-20 17:22:55 UTC
I like it. Smile

Building Tech 1 might not be a problem, but the Tech 2 is most certainly a no-go and not due to skills needed to produce it.

Tech III might be doable.

Maybe. Blink
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#47 - 2015-06-20 19:21:32 UTC
Unless you just buy a PLEX for 20 bucks and cash it in, you're just doing what typical / normal Eve players do only limiting yourself from using the market screen. Big smile

Good luck Big smile

@lunettelulu7

GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#48 - 2015-06-20 19:25:26 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
...you're just doing what typical / normal Eve players do only limiting yourself from using the market screen. Big smile

It isn't - there's tremendous division of labour in EVE just like in the real world. Smile

Good luck building even T3 - http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/File:T3_Flowchart.png
Black Panpher
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2015-06-20 19:45:00 UTC
Didn't read but +1 for your Avatar!
Azraella
Into the Dark
#50 - 2015-07-09 09:04:28 UTC
Glad to see some interest, not enough though.

P.S, hows my Avatar now? :)
Salah ad-Din al-Jawahiri
Dreamweb Industries
#51 - 2015-07-09 11:48:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Salah ad-Din al-Jawahiri
My two cents here. If you do carry on with your project, make sure to avoid disclosing the name and location of your character or, alternatively, to gather a huge fan crowd on one of the big gaming websites and blackmail CCP into granting you a GM as a guardian angel by threatening to give the game bad publicity if something happens to you. Otherwise, you can expect a fleet of Gankalysts to bring "community interaction" straight to your doorstep, since, you see, hiding yourself in a comfortable seashell in a multiplayer game is not very consistent with the Code.

If you want to do it the hard way, though, I can give you tips on how to avoid being ganked.

Fly compliant o7

Agent of the New Order

Live by the Code - die by the Code.

The Voice of Highsec

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2015-07-09 13:18:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Barrogh Habalu
Tiddle Jr wrote:
Azraella wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:
First of all..... THAT PORTRAIT Shocked Do you need some help with that?

Pixie Tickle wrote:
Yeah and what Commisioner Kate said about ya looks.

Whats wrong with my Avatar, could you expand on your explanation.....cheers

nothing wrong but you did dress her up like a gypsy princess

What's wrong, it's an Adrestia cosplay.
Well, Quafe Adrestia... I think...
Gaellia Bonaventure
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2015-07-09 13:58:33 UTC
+1

Have fun, OP! Big smile

Bring your possibles.

Karl Jerr
Herzack Unit
#54 - 2015-07-09 19:05:14 UTC
Pretty cool idea! Shocked Even if you will have a hard time by not being able to buy at least skill books.
Etaine O Conghaile
#55 - 2015-07-09 20:05:34 UTC
Candi LeMew wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:

Now with that off my chest....

Seen a lot of people attempt that mix/match combo with the catsuits n' tank tops.

Haven't actually seen anyone make it work yet though.

It's become the new meta in space fashion faux pas.

*Cough*

A Thukker, Krusual, Brutor, Sebiestor, Vherokior, Nefantar and a Starkmanir are in a shuttle together.

Who's flying the shuttle?

C.O.N.C.O.R.D.

Freya Sertan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2015-07-09 20:11:51 UTC
Etaine O Conghaile wrote:
Candi LeMew wrote:
Commissar Kate wrote:

Now with that off my chest....

Seen a lot of people attempt that mix/match combo with the catsuits n' tank tops.

Haven't actually seen anyone make it work yet though.

It's become the new meta in space fashion faux pas.

*Cough*

I hope you get that cough checked out.

They're still right, though.

New Eden isn't nice. It isn't friendly. It isn't very hospitiable. Good thing there are people here to shoot in the face.

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#57 - 2015-07-09 20:13:55 UTC
Lister829 III wrote:
Freya Sertan wrote:

As I run my own race.
In my own private space.

Text book, "how to make yourself a target" right there.

Not interested myself (godforsaken poets) but someone please wardec this guy.
Freya Sertan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#58 - 2015-07-09 20:15:37 UTC
I think I'll fund my alt to do it.

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2015-07-09 20:16:24 UTC
Lister829 III wrote:
Freya Sertan wrote:

As I run my own race.
In my own private space.

Ahahaha was about to laugh but but

nvm

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Freya Sertan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2015-07-09 20:22:15 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Lister829 III wrote:
Freya Sertan wrote:

As I run my own race.
In my own private space.

Text book, "how to make yourself a target" right there.

Not interested myself (godforsaken poets) but someone please wardec this guy.

Et Liberate Vos De Deus Declares War Against Black Sheep Harvesting Industry and Technology
Sent: 2015.07.09 20:22

Et Liberate Vos De Deus has declared war on Black Sheep Harvesting Industry and Technology.
Within 24 hours fighting can legally occur between those involved. If war is due to a corporation at war joining or leaving an alliance, then the war starts immediately instead.

For your convenience we have included the appropriate CONCORD War Rules:

The weekly cost is 50,000,000 ISK and you will receive a bill which needs to be paid promptly to maintain the war. If the bill is not paid before it is due then the war will be cancelled. If the war is cancelled then do not pay any outstanding bills for that war.

When an active war has been cancelled, there is a 24 hour grace period during which you can still be legally attacked.

If you are at war with a corporation that joins an alliance then the war will change from being against the corporation to being against the alliance.

If you are at war with an alliance and a corporation leaves that alliance then you will still be at war with the alliance but also temporarily at war with the corporation that left. The war against the corporation that leaves an alliance lasts 24 hours during this period you can attack them until the war expires.

Should you wish to resume hostilities against such a corporation then you need to declare war again.

Done.