These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

More Null-Null WHs, not less!

Author
Minty Aroma
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-07-09 16:05:00 UTC
Null-Null WHs generate content that has slowly trickled away due to the jump nerf. Removing most of them will only remove more content...

The issue put forward with them is the T3 abuse through WHs. Together with the fact that BSes are currently redundant in the meta this points to the T3s being the broken thing, not WHs or BSes. So instead of nerfing WHs and buffing BSes, why not nerf T3s, and push to generate more content for the player base, not less?

Creating more Null-Null WHs will increase the ability to roam in different parts of space, which will increase the numbers of kills. It will also reward having a flexible, rapid-response defense fleet to protect ratters, which generates further content. Carrying down the line of making it easier to rat at the expense of pvp is only going to turn the game into a boredom-fest, as isk grinding will get too risk-adverse and pvp roaming fleets will fizzle out as the number of targets that can actually be tackled decreases.

Thoughts?
Lyra Gerie
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2015-07-09 16:28:34 UTC
My thoughts are that you're from goonswarm and you miss your power projection.

Go on a roam, be the content. Don't project yourself across the entirety of null sec to ruin someone elses fun with blob warfare.

Wormhole space shouldn't be easy to travel through and K-K connections should not be as common as K-J connections. I wouldn't mind seeing the amount of null connections go up from J-space though. It would mean that if you want to move a fleet you have to travel through at least one extra WH system.

Minty Aroma
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-07-09 16:37:49 UTC
More Null-J space connections and visa versa would work too, although due to the previous iteration of WH nerfs, most null WHs that lead to J-space need to be probed down from the Null side before they will even show up as a sig on the J-space side. Therefore nullbears can just not open the WHs and therefore be completely immune to J-space people showing up in system.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2015-07-09 17:00:41 UTC
I'm torn.

On the one hand we can't jump in on fights over the other side of the galaxy but on the other hand if we have to fly to destination I can bring my mega on many more fleets.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#5 - 2015-07-09 18:09:03 UTC
I loved the null-null WH's for the ability to take small gang roams through to otherwise difficult to reach places. As always with Eve, once the large coalitions figured out how to industrialize the process, it had to get nerfed.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.