These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Gallente tactical destroyer - Forced to use MWD setups not fun.

Author
Nidal Fervor
Doomheim
#61 - 2015-07-09 09:16:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Nidal Fervor
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
Nidal Fervor wrote:
Gimme Sake wrote:
Just don't understand what this thread is all about. Why would you want AB on a blaster fit?

You do realise this is a small ship right? 1500ms should be possible with max implanted claymore links and deadspace afterburner but it's not even close because there's no bonus to basic velocity or afterburner bonus (like all other t3 destroyers get from propulsion mode).

You want an iwin button. The mwd is bad enough, because it allows you to get into range... no you want also an easy method to oill anything bigger than your ship.

How often do I have to call you child, until you stop behaving like one? Lol

MWD is bad enough because it allows you to get into range? If you couldn't get into range, this ship would be useless with blasters. Obviously that's how you'd prefer it. You've given yourself away, you just don't want this ship to be decent.
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2015-07-09 09:18:11 UTC
Nidal Fervor wrote:
First her toy wasn't what she wished for. Then she turned her back on it and declared the others as better. And now she defends her new toy, by talking bad about the old one.

A child. Not even funny anymore...

Really, got a quote?

Exactly. Sadly, the other T3 dessies are better at this, therefore, i'll stick with the other better designed ones. The other T3 destroyers, despite having slightly less DPS, are far more versatile and have much greater survivability. Even if the Hecate was given an afterburner bonus this would still be the case, just the hecate would be more viable.

I'm only stating facts and figures; sorry to spoil your parade.

You prove me right and are too immature to realize it. Lol

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#63 - 2015-07-09 09:22:46 UTC
Nidal Fervor wrote:
Nidal Fervor wrote:
Gimme Sake wrote:
Just don't understand what this thread is all about. Why would you want AB on a blaster fit?

You do realise this is a small ship right? 1500ms should be possible with max implanted claymore links and deadspace afterburner but it's not even close because there's no bonus to basic velocity or afterburner bonus (like all other t3 destroyers get from propulsion mode).

You want an iwin button. The mwd is bad enough, because it allows you to get into range... no you want also an easy method to oill anything bigger than your ship.

MWD is bad enough because it allows you to get into range? If you couldn't get into range, this ship would be useless with blasters. Obviously that's how you'd prefer it. You've given yourself away, you just don't want this ship to be decent.

LOL YES OF COURSE LolLolLol

How old are you, child? Lol

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2015-07-09 09:33:09 UTC
Yeah they should have made it so specifically you are happy. **** the rest! **** balance! **** caring about anything but my own wants!

you're one of my favourites

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Nidal Fervor
Doomheim
#65 - 2015-07-09 09:39:46 UTC
Nidal Fervor wrote:
Nidal Fervor wrote:
Gimme Sake wrote:

LOL YES OF COURSE LolLolLol

How old are you, child? Lol

Dude makes the same insult over and over; thinks he is funny.

Sad man.
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2015-07-09 09:56:06 UTC
I am not joking at all, but I am making fun of your childishness. You are just too immature to realize the whole situation. I suggest you talk to an adult who will explain you that this whole thread sounds like you're below 25 and used to whining to get what you want!

That is no joke, sadly.

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2015-07-09 09:57:01 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Yeah they should have made it so specifically you are happy. **** the rest! **** balance! **** caring about anything but my own wants!

Me? Why thank you! Want to make out later tonight? Lol

Nidal Fervor
Doomheim
#68 - 2015-07-09 10:29:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Nidal Fervor
I am not joking at all, but I am making fun of your childishness. You are just too immature to realize the whole situation. I suggest you talk to an adult who will explain you that this whole thread sounds like you're below 25 and used to whining to get what you want!

That is no joke, sadly.

I'm not the one writing in caps lock using smiley faces everywhere, and asking people if they want to make out. Cya kiddo.
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2015-07-09 10:31:35 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:

Me? Why thank you! Want to make out later tonight? Lol

i thought you'd never ask Big smile

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2015-07-09 10:32:42 UTC
Nidal Fervor wrote:

That is no joke, sadly.

I'm not the one writing in caps lock using smiley faces everywhere, and asking people if they want to make out. Cya kiddo.

aww thats sweet, someone's jealous me thinks Roll

Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#71 - 2015-07-09 10:44:02 UTC
Nidal Fervor wrote:
Gimme Sake wrote:

You do realise this is supposed to be a fast small ship right? 1500ms should be possible with max implanted claymore links and deadspace afterburner but it's not even close because there's no bonus to basic velocity or afterburner bonus (like all other t3 destroyers get from propulsion mode). It's the only T3 destroyer that forces you to use a MWD or be gimped, which in the case of the hecate, means really gimped.

It is a brawling boat designed with blaster+mwd+scram combo in mind not a long point kite ship like the other t3ds. If you want one of those, nothing stops you from jumping inside a svipul or confessor.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Nidal Fervor
Doomheim
#72 - 2015-07-09 11:13:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Nidal Fervor
Gimme Sake wrote:
Nidal Fervor wrote:
Gimme Sake wrote:

You do realise this is supposed to be a fast small ship right? 1500ms should be possible with max implanted claymore links and deadspace afterburner but it's not even close because there's no bonus to basic velocity or afterburner bonus (like all other t3 destroyers get from propulsion mode). It's the only T3 destroyer that forces you to use a MWD or be gimped, which in the case of the hecate, means really gimped.

It is a brawling boat designed with blaster+mwd+scram combo in mind not a long point kite ship like the other t3ds. If you want one of those, nothing stops you from jumping inside a svipul or confessor.

One step ahead of you Smile

I don't want a long point kite ship btw. I just wanted to be able to use afterburners on a hecate without being gimped because I didn't take MWD. Even if an afterburner bonus was given, the hecate would still be the worst performing T3 destroyer, as it currently is; check kb stats, worst by far.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#73 - 2015-07-09 11:29:30 UTC
Hecate is gallente and doesn't have a drone bay even... Even the Algos has 35mbit and is T1, so the hecate should have 50mbit atleast :3
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2015-07-09 11:36:45 UTC
Lloyd Roses wrote:
Hecate is gallente and doesn't have a drone bay even... Even the Algos has 35mbit and is T1, so the hecate should have 50mbit atleast :3

having drones flying around aimlessly is not tactical Big smile

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#75 - 2015-07-09 11:41:32 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Lloyd Roses wrote:

Hecate only got some 845dps tops in a budget fit, it NEEDS the drones to get to 1k without resorting to polarized guns, even though it's gallente. Maybe Hecate with polarized guns should not lose resists to make it more balanced.
Nidal Fervor
Doomheim
#76 - 2015-07-09 11:51:10 UTC
Lloyd Roses wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Lloyd Roses wrote:

Hecate only got some 845dps tops in a budget fit, it NEEDS the drones to get to 1k without resorting to polarized guns, even though it's gallente. Maybe Hecate with polarized guns should not lose resists to make it more balanced.

Go away troll.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#77 - 2015-07-09 13:12:50 UTC
Nidal Fervor wrote:
...I am forced...

Let me stop you right there.

No one is forcing you to do anything.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2015-07-09 13:17:07 UTC
Nidal Fervor wrote:
Gimme Sake wrote:
Nidal Fervor wrote:
Gimme Sake wrote:

One step ahead of you Smile

I don't want a long point kite ship btw. I just wanted to be able to use afterburners on a hecate without being gimped because I didn't take MWD. Even if an afterburner bonus was given, the hecate would still be the worst performing T3 destroyer, as it currently is; check kb stats, worst by far.

Sorry, but that doesn't mean anything. The Hecate's been around for about three minutes. People are still figuring out what it's capable of, theorycrafting and the like, trying things that no one is thinking of. Meanwhile, a lot of people already have a feel for the other three. Give it time. KB stats say nothing. For one thing, you have no real idea what the people using it, killing or dying with it one way or the other, are actually capable of. Maybe they're just all terrible with destroyers. Killboards say nothing about what the ship is capable of, and very little about what a player is capable of. Killboards are little more than a pissing contest, and putting any stock in them is going to gimp your own capabilities. Be creative, be your own player, do something the others haven't considered yet.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2015-07-09 13:22:03 UTC
Having just gone over the Hecate bonuses in-game, I can say this much conclusively:

Anyone that knows what they're doing in an Enyo is going to have a splendid time with this ship. Anyone that doesn't have the stomach for brawling need not apply.

Specia1 K
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#80 - 2015-07-09 13:29:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Specia1 K
Shocked

Ugh

OP is noodles.

Champion of the Knights of the General Discussion

Thunderdome