These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Aegis 1.0 SDE - Released

First post First post
Author
Darkblad
Doomheim
#21 - 2015-07-09 08:06:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
CCP Tellus wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Will it be returned (in some form), or is it gone forever?
I'll poke some people and see if they know where this data has vanished to.
To quote myself from last week's thread on this matter:
Darkblad wrote:
Within evetypes.db you will find this, within evegroups.db there's that while evecategories.db contains this.

I think we don't have any access to

typeNameID, groupNameID, categoryNameID

right?

Edit: Should've refreshed this thead before posting, Desmont already mentioned that. Oops

NPEISDRIP

Kali Izia
GoomWaffe
#22 - 2015-07-09 10:03:36 UTC
Darkblad wrote:

typeName, groupNameID, categoryNameID

right?

The localized strings are stored as standard Python pickled objects in the shared resource cache, for example res:/localizationfsd/localization_fsd_en-us.pickle.
You just load that and then look up the IDs to get the names.
Darkblad
Doomheim
#23 - 2015-07-09 10:08:02 UTC
That's far beyond my own knowledge, and I'm bot sure how this would be in regards of eula limitations Sad

NPEISDRIP

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#24 - 2015-07-09 10:09:21 UTC
Medusa The Gorgon wrote:
Data supplied in yaml is not enough. I don't see groupID or mass or baseprice, for exampe. Please return table in MSSQL dump. Even if you supplied the correct yaml - what are you trying to achieve ? Portion of data in MSSQL, another portion in yaml. This is stupid.
Next time you disable XML API and tell us all to use CREST ? I hope, I will be retired player when you'll think about it.

What they're working on is shifting data to a system which allows them to properly version control it (which is really difficult to do with a regular database)

We, unfortunately, are collateral damage. Which I'm hopeful will get fixed, because CCP does realise the value of their developer community.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Desmont McCallock
#25 - 2015-07-09 10:23:04 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Medusa The Gorgon wrote:
Data supplied in yaml is not enough. I don't see groupID or mass or baseprice, for exampe. Please return table in MSSQL dump. Even if you supplied the correct yaml - what are you trying to achieve ? Portion of data in MSSQL, another portion in yaml. This is stupid.
Next time you disable XML API and tell us all to use CREST ? I hope, I will be retired player when you'll think about it.

What they're working on is shifting data to a system which allows them to properly version control it (which is really difficult to do with a regular database)

We, unfortunately, are collateral damage. Which I'm hopeful will get fixed, because CCP does realise the value of their developer community.
Steve, I haven't lost hope yet cause I'm counting on you.
Desmont McCallock
#26 - 2015-07-09 10:33:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Desmont McCallock
Kali Izia wrote:
Darkblad wrote:

right?

The localized strings are stored as standard Python pickled objects in the shared resource cache, for example res:/localizationfsd/localization_fsd_en-us.pickle.
Kali, thanks for the tip.

So here it goes:

1. Go to your EVE client installation folder and locate the 'resfileindex.txt' or the 'resfileindex_prefetch.txt'.
  2. In any of those files locate 'res:/localizationfsd/localization_fsd_en-us.pickle'
  3. You will see after it some comma separated GUID values like '2c/2c3038b3c38e91a1_73c2c98a71e82e768ed5576850c89554'. '2c' is the name of the folder under the 'SharedCache/ResFiles' folder and '2c3038b3c38e91a1_73c2c98a71e82e768ed5576850c89554' is the file inside that folder.
  4. In case you can't locate the file do a 'Date modified' (assuming you work on Windows) asc ordering and open the first file in the list. This is the most recent cached file.
  5. Assuming that you are looking for the "groupNameID": 63576, do a search with the ID in the file and you will end up with 'sI63576 (V#System' where '#System' is the name you are looking for.

This of course doesn't make our lifes any easier but at least now you know where to find what you are looking for.
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2015-07-09 11:15:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
Desmont McCallock wrote:
Kali Izia wrote:
Darkblad wrote:

right?

Kali, thanks for the tip.

So here it goes:

1. Go to your EVE client installation folder and locate the 'resfileindex.txt' or the 'resfileindex_prefetch.txt'.
  2. In any of those files locate 'res:/localizationfsd/localization_fsd_en-us.pickle'
  3. You will see after it some comma separated GUID values like '2c/2c3038b3c38e91a1_73c2c98a71e82e768ed5576850c89554'. '2c' is the name of the folder under the 'SharedCache/ResFiles' folder and '2c3038b3c38e91a1_73c2c98a71e82e768ed5576850c89554' is the file inside that folder.
  4. In case you can't locate the file do a 'Date modified' (assuming you work on Windows) asc ordering and open the first file in the list. This is the most recent cached file.
  5. Assuming that you are looking for the "groupNameID": 63576, do a search with the ID in the file and you will end up with 'sI63576 (V#System' where '#System' is the name you are looking for.

This of course doesn't make our lifes any easier but at least now you know where to find what you are looking for.

So those numbers are for localzation and not just the eveNames ids?

Also, given the screenshots above from Darkblad, it doesn't look like all the missing typeNames data is there either (volume, portionsize, seem to be there but no raceid or marketgroup, which I bet the answer will be to look it up elsewhere)

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Darkblad
Doomheim
#28 - 2015-07-09 11:23:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
Zifrian wrote:
So those numbers are for localzation and not just the eveNames ids?

That's correct. You'll find tons of (localized) strings in there, including but not limited to the names above but also mission and exploration site names etc.

Using the pickle streams, keep in mind that there are two of them (for each language).
The one with "_fsd_" in the name should be that with mostly UI related strings

Currently, the ones for en-us are:

res:/localization/localization_en-us.pickle,
c5/c57ec45bccb817c6_a6cdff32f12b2b313d39bec8b3ee1498,a6cdff32f12b2b313d39bec8b3ee1498

res:/localizationfsd/localization_fsd_en-us.pickle,
2c/2c3038b3c38e91a1_83d437095945038afd8283de2c046472,83d437095945038afd8283de2c046472

Hmm, taking another look at both pickles suggests that the fsd one contains the IDs in plain text, while the other is more binary coded. I guess the fsd one in fact IS the path to follow

NPEISDRIP

CCP Creber Cattus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#29 - 2015-07-09 17:02:53 UTC
Wow.. looks like this release was a bit broken SDE wise! Shocked

We have now added the missing attributes to the types in typeIDs.yaml:
mass, volume, capacity, portionSize, raceID, basePrice, published and marketGroupID

Also group and category info has been added (new files: groupIDs.yaml and categoryIDs.yaml).

Hope this helps
Desmont McCallock
#30 - 2015-07-09 17:04:56 UTC
CCP Creber Cattus wrote:
Wow.. looks like this release was a bit broken SDE wise! Shocked

We have now added the missing attributes to the types in typeIDs.yaml:
mass, volume, capacity, portionSize, raceID, basePrice, published and marketGroupID

Also group and category info has been added (new files: groupIDs.yaml and categoryIDs.yaml).

Hope this helps
Better late than never. You guys restored my confidence.
Medusa The Gorgon
Temple of the Serpent
The Gorgon Empire
#31 - 2015-07-09 17:30:26 UTC
I still didn't understand where to get groupID for invtypes... The are no such attribute in typeIDs.yaml, so how link items to groups?
CCP Creber Cattus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#32 - 2015-07-09 17:31:52 UTC
Why did no one tell me that the groupID was also missing from the types in typeIDs.yaml ! Smile

New version ( Aegis_1.1.1_114255_db.zip ) deployed that includes the groupID
Darkblad
Doomheim
#33 - 2015-07-09 17:46:42 UTC
CCP Creber Cattus wrote:
Why did no one tell me that the groupID was also missing from the types in typeIDs.yaml ! Smile

We did so last week already, when FoxFour supplied the preview of the new typeIDs.yaml format. P

NPEISDRIP

Medusa The Gorgon
Temple of the Serpent
The Gorgon Empire
#34 - 2015-07-09 18:14:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Medusa The Gorgon
CCP Creber Cattus wrote:

Can we get these tables in MSSQL dump this time? The problem is I'm using official MSSQL dumps in my project and I'm not familiar with yaml. :(

I looked into invgroups and it's structure differs from MSSQL one. About 4 fields are missing. It will be a month for me to test and alter database schema to reflect changes introduced.
Mr Mac
Dark Goliath
#35 - 2015-07-09 18:46:08 UTC
Medusa The Gorgon wrote:
CCP Creber Cattus wrote:

Can we get these tables in MSSQL dump this time? The problem is I'm using official MSSQL dumps in my project and I'm not familiar with yaml. :(

I looked into invgroups and it's structure differs from MSSQL one. About 4 fields are missing. It will be a month for me to test and alter database schema to reflect changes introduced.

Only 2 columns were removed are allowManufacture and allowRecycle. Those columns had been NULL. No impact really.
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2015-07-09 19:03:38 UTC
Medusa The Gorgon wrote:
CCP Creber Cattus wrote:

Desmont has a tool that builds the mssql database from yaml and the SQLite DB in the SDE. Check his threads for the link.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Lors Dornick
Kallisti Industries
#37 - 2015-07-09 20:37:01 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:

You're reaching new levels as a spaceship politician and diplomat.

That post was a beautiful example of "speak softly and carry a big stick" ...

CCP Greyscale: As to starbases, we agree it's pretty terrible, but we don't want to delay the entire release just for this one factor.

Medusa The Gorgon
Temple of the Serpent
The Gorgon Empire
#38 - 2015-07-09 20:57:31 UTC
Mr Mac wrote:

Only 2 columns were removed are allowManufacture and allowRecycle. Those columns had been NULL. No impact really.

description is missing too.
Desmont McCallock
#39 - 2015-07-09 21:05:53 UTC
Medusa The Gorgon wrote:
Mr Mac wrote:

description is missing too.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5876246#post5876246
Previous page12