These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Time to take character transfer fee back to 1 plex.

Author
Drizzer
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2015-07-08 07:18:22 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
I too don't remember it ever being 1 plex.
HTFU though. It's 2 plex, that's not really that much. Just make more isk and all will be fine.

2 plex is 1 plex too much....and i have enpugh isk, thats not it.
Anthar Thebess
#22 - 2015-07-08 07:21:39 UTC
People are making plex price so high , by market manipulation.
This is not CCP problem .
Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#23 - 2015-07-08 07:42:33 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
If you don't want the convenience of paying with cash, then it should cost more with in game time because you are asking CCP to provide a service that you don't want to directly compensate them for, so paying double in time to utilise someone other player's money instead seems perfectly fine.

This
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#24 - 2015-07-08 07:54:18 UTC
This guy sounds like a millionaire complaining about taxes....

The millionaire has a better point due to taxes being income based

Borascus
#25 - 2015-07-08 07:56:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Borascus
EVE central - PLEX prices

Over here you can see the spread, there are some 50-100 PLEX unit sellers and there is a hefty listing fee associated with their price.

Similarly there are lots of buy orders with 20+ items required, mainly between the 800mil-940mil pricing window.

With this, it's safe to say that 20-30 players have ~ 100bil ISK and really do want to make money reselling plex (this month).

They are paying hefty fees though, unless thats something CCP need to look at in respect of inflation - paying 0 fees would remove the control mechanism of fees from 3month training traders, margin trading - the profit is in the first 25%.

Either way the best course of action is to pay the 1,927,999,999.93 for the two plex to transfer, as the $20 would only net 1,926,000,000 if it was PLEX (which it wont be).

Similarly, it is in the best interest of the players subbing with PLEX to use the subscribe option as they would be able to subscribe until the prices are low and use the time subbed to bankroll their next f2p period, market manipulation only works if the community offsets the fees, it would become very boring making a loss to fees due to low demand.

Similarly, if everyone paying ingame time for plex paid a little extra to buy the single listing PLEX the transfer of wealth would be flat, with very little in the way of bulk profits transferring to those that are making their life hard by bumping the prices with high volume trades.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2015-07-08 08:43:41 UTC
It's 2 PLEX to get you to pay 20 USD. Just charge more for your character sales.
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2015-07-08 09:47:19 UTC
Drizzer wrote:
When i have 81 billion isk why would i pay with real money, thats the job of ppl that wont learn to make isk ingame...

On a serious note tho... 20 USD to transfer a toon is crazy... What happened to CCP saying that If you put the time into the game you shouldnt have to spend your real life currency.

2 Billion Iskies is a lot of Isk to spend to transfer a toon. People like me could make a nice amount of isk by creating toons and reselling them. There is no reason it should have been changed to 2 plex in the first place. If plex is a bill each, shouldnt they at the least have left it at 1 plex not doubled it?

Drizzer wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
HTFU though. It's 2 plex, that's not really that much. Just make more isk and all will be fine.

So what is it exactly that makes you feel so uncomfortable, that it even drives you to create a thread about it?

You sound like you like to brag a bit about your unreal money, btw. I rather pay 20 bucks, because i don't waste isk for something i can easily pay with real money (it's actually cheaper too), but I guess paying with isk is the job for ppl that won't learn to make money in real life, right? Lol

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#28 - 2015-07-08 09:57:14 UTC
Drizzer wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Well no, 2 plex is the price. It's not too much it's not too little, it's the chosen price of the service. If you don't feel the service is worth that, don't use it. Many people still will because we're not peasant poor.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Drizzer
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2015-07-08 13:48:35 UTC
Carmen Electra wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:
If you don't want the convenience of paying with cash, then it should cost more with in game time because you are asking CCP to provide a service that you don't want to directly compensate them for, so paying double in time to utilise someone other player's money instead seems perfectly fine.

This

Someone else is compensating them for my time, no matter how you look at it CCP is being payed for all subs.
Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#30 - 2015-07-08 13:54:10 UTC
Character transfers have always been two plex, since they introduced the option to pay with plex. It's never been 1 plex. So I'm not sure where you are getting this doubled cost crap from.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2015-07-08 13:55:26 UTC
Yarda Black wrote:
This guy sounds like a millionaire complaining about taxes....

The millionaire has a better point due to taxes being income based

You can't make a pool out of ISK...
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2015-07-08 13:56:26 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
Character transfers have always been two plex, since they introduced the option to pay with plex. It's never been 1 plex. So I'm not sure where you are getting this doubled cost crap from.

He's not really open about this. He doesn't mention the actual reason why two plex are too much even though he can easily afford... as he claims. It's a rant.

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2015-07-08 13:57:53 UTC
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:
Elenahina wrote:

He's not really open about this. He doesn't mention the actual reason why two plex are too much even though he can easily afford... as he claims. It's a rant.

I didn't laugh even once so obviously not even a good one.
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2015-07-08 14:01:26 UTC
Character transfers are a silly thing to start with. I don't get where this phenomenon ever came from or why it got supported. And people who do it on a weekly basis I get least of all.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Drizzer
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2015-07-08 14:01:41 UTC
Drizzer wrote:
When i have 81 billion isk why would i pay with real money, thats the job of ppl that wont learn to make isk ingame...

On a serious note tho... 20 USD to transfer a toon is crazy... What happened to CCP saying that If you put the time into the game you shouldnt have to spend your real life currency.

2 Billion Iskies is a lot of Isk to spend to transfer a toon. People like me could make a nice amount of isk by creating toons and reselling them. There is no reason it should have been changed to 2 plex in the first place. If plex is a bill each, shouldnt they at the least have left it at 1 plex not doubled it?

Drizzer wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:

So what is it exactly that makes you feel so uncomfortable, that it even drives you to create a thread about it?

You sound like you like to brag a bit about your unreal money, btw. I rather pay 20 bucks, because i don't waste isk for something i can easily pay with real money (it's actually cheaper too), but I guess paying with isk is the job for ppl that won't learn to make money in real life, right? Lol

I love my job, and make great money. Im an Engineer for the state of Maryland, and I wouldnt do anything else given the option of changing my career. I also own 3 rental properties, so please dont assume you know my IRL assets.
Marsha Mallow
#36 - 2015-07-08 14:02:28 UTC
Drizzer wrote:
Ya, but considering that if you sell a toon for say 3 billion on the forums, your only making 1 bill due to plex being almost 1 bill each. Wouldnt the smart thing to do be reduce the price of a character transfer considering there was no reason to make it 2 plex from 1 to begin with. Its greed is what it is. The forums for selling toons was so much more of an active area before the increase in cost.

Increase your character prices. I've been gradually forcing them up for 3 years but I can still see numpties listing them at below market value. It's partly because people using power of two accounts have a built in margin. We're lucky we can transfer characters using plex in the first place. If it was limited purely to RL currency to restrict character flipping this market wouldn't exist.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Drizzer
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2015-07-08 14:04:31 UTC
Elenahina wrote:

Whats not open about it?
I dont want to have to spend another 1 billion Isk on a character I would like to buy and add to my fleet.
CCP never gave a reason for the double of the cost either. Would like feedback on reason for the change is all.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#38 - 2015-07-08 14:07:27 UTC
Drizzer wrote:
Elenahina wrote:

Whats not open about it?
I dont want to have to spend another 1 billion Isk on a character I would like to buy and add to my fleet.
CCP never gave a reason for the double of the cost either. Would like feedback on reason for the change is all.

Can you list when this "change" happened because we got a lot of report here about how it was 2 PLEX from day 1 of PLEX paid character transfer being available.
Petre en Thielles
Doomheim
#39 - 2015-07-08 14:20:28 UTC
Drizzer wrote:

To turn this around, right now I can make $20 in half an hour IRL. Can you make 1.8 bil ISK in half an hour?

Using plex to transfer characters is for people that won't learn to make money IRL.
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2015-07-08 14:50:57 UTC
Drizzer wrote:
Elenahina wrote:

Whats not open about it?

Because your story doesn't add up. You claim to have 81 billion isk but whine about transfer prices. That makes you either greedy or a liar. And the best part is how you somehow feel entitled to feedback for something that never even happened in the first place.

Mature people say: If you don't want to pay it, then don't ******* play it.
Children say: I WANT TO DO THIS BUT IT'S NOT HOW I WANT IT I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION AND IT TO BE CHANGED

Previous page123Next page