These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

CCP is ruining owning a super we all trained + waited to fly

Author
ItburnsWhenIRightClick
StrangeNewHorizons
#1 - 2015-07-06 11:15:23 UTC  |  Edited by: ItburnsWhenIRightClick
CCP please tell me that As my main spent nearly a year subbing my account to train up to fly a super and you keep chipping away at killing them off in the game.. Now you nerf the DDA's and we all know supers use at least one or more for general use.

Is there any way for a refund on skillpoints so I can fly a subcap and enjoy the game as im thinking Elite Dangerous might be better now.

Much love and happiness to all you all out there.

Big smileBig smileBig smile
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#2 - 2015-07-06 11:17:57 UTC
Dear, oh dear, oh dear - 17.5k DPS becomes 17.2k.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#3 - 2015-07-06 11:24:39 UTC
I feel like dropping a super on something. Can I have an SP refund too?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2015-07-06 12:00:58 UTC
I'll take any unwanted supers off your hands and give it a good home.
Salah ad-Din al-Jawahiri
Dreamweb Industries
Novus Ordo.
#5 - 2015-07-06 12:07:15 UTC
I'll accept your characters after you give your supers to baltec. The PLEX required for the transfers are on me.

Agent of the New Order

Live by the Code - die by the Code.

The Voice of Highsec

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#6 - 2015-07-06 12:26:44 UTC
They're gong to be rebalanced before the end of the year.

I can almost say that with a straight face.
Commander Spurty
#7 - 2015-07-06 12:31:22 UTC
Every 5~6weeks, they *could* suddenly become the only ship anyone ever wants to fly.

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2015-07-06 12:45:11 UTC
It's pretty dumb to think they'll just abandon you folks. People who are stupid enough to believe that are no loss when they leave. It's just as stupid as highseccers of all kinds not getting how obviously there will come a balance pass smashing through their gameplay as well.

You're all like children, but worse. Lol

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

-- Ralph King-Griffin, about deranged people playing EVE ONLINE

Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#9 - 2015-07-06 12:56:40 UTC
Angelica Dreamstar wrote:

QFT.

The wheel turns, and continues to turn. The only people that really have a reason to be bitching this second are the Rorqual pilots. That ship literally has no reason to exist at present, Fozzie's assurances of a balance pass not withstanding.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Kendarr
The Congregation
OnlyFleets.
#10 - 2015-07-06 12:57:39 UTC
To quote CCP seagull "they are some of the most aspirational ships in EvE Online and we (CCP) will work hard to make them worth owning"

TL;DR DELETE ALL SPUERS FROM THE GAME BBQFFSOMFG!"WEASDASDR%"£$
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2015-07-06 12:59:44 UTC
Elenahina wrote:

QFT.

The wheel turns, and continues to turn. The only people that really have a reason to be bitching this second are the Rorqual pilots. That ship literally has no reason to exist at present, Fozzie's assurances of a balance pass not withstanding.

And they too will get their turn and they WILL love it. Big smile

bingo, his pig not being a goat doesn't make the pig wrong, just him an idiot for shouting at his pig "WHY ARENT YOU A GOAT!" (Source)

Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#12 - 2015-07-06 13:06:58 UTC
Elenahina wrote:

QFT.

I cannot wait to fly a battle Rorqual, and make the stars tremble.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2015-07-06 13:11:07 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
Elenahina wrote:

QFT.

Oh god, the shipwide, deep vibrations filling the body during ore compression ... Shocked

Can't wait for a new love boat, but then I'll never ever get out of bed again.
Or the table.
The couch.
The bathroom.
The floor!
Oh the ******* floor!

Oops

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2015-07-06 13:49:28 UTC
I'm completely happy with the RP of a Hel as the anchor of my fleet, even more than a Rag (which I sold off recently).
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2015-07-06 14:48:57 UTC
Elenahina wrote:
Elenahina wrote:

QFT.

Oh god, the shipwide, deep vibrations filling the body during ore compression ... Shocked

Can't wait for a new love boat, but then I'll never ever get out of bed again.
Or the table.
The couch.
The bathroom.
The floor!
Oh the ******* floor!

Oops

What the....
davet517
Raata Invicti
#16 - 2015-07-06 15:34:07 UTC  |  Edited by: davet517
I think CCP has painted themselves into a corner on this one, honestly.

The problem with SCs and Titans is their cost. They don't cost a bit more than a cap. They cost many times as much. If you make them powerful enough to justify their cost, they are the apex force in the game. If you diminish their power enough to keep them from being the apex force, they're no longer worth what they cost.

Through changes to how they work (tracking, DD, drones), they were already relegated to the role of capital killer and structure grinder. Now, no structure to grind takes one of those away, and makes fielding capitals for them to kill a lot less necessary to boot. Post fozzie-sov, the only natural escalation to supers will be to kill off triage carriers, and, why risk supers to do that when you can do it with dreads at a fraction of the cost?

There isn't a "balance pass" that's going to fix this. In the post fozzie-sov game, they're going to be largely irrelevant, just as "mother ships" were before Dominion.

The best thing to do would be to just remove them, and refund their cost and skill points. The next best thing to do would be to sharply cut their cost relative to capitals, and refund the difference to those who own them now. 6 billion isk super-carriers and 20 billion isk Titans that can dock would make some sense to keep as breakers of triage blobs in the post fozzie-sov game.
Angelica Dreamstar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2015-07-06 15:52:50 UTC
Children. Lol

Hemmo Paskiainen
#18 - 2015-07-06 15:56:38 UTC
good for you! death to all supers! subcap is more fun anyway

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#19 - 2015-07-06 15:58:32 UTC
davet517 wrote:
There isn't a "balance pass" that's going to fix this. In the post fozzie-sov game, they're going to be largely irrelevant, just as "mother ships" were before Dominion.

I want to see that statement again when your group is about to entosis that station (cause sunday evening CTA or whatever) and then suddenly there's twenty aeons looking at you in a very displeased manner. They're a quite big "GTFO"-sign the other group can wave.
Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2015-07-06 16:01:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Aralyn Cormallen
davet517 wrote:
Through changes to how they work (tracking, DD, drones), they were already relegated to the role of capital killer and structure grinder. Now, no structure to grind takes one of those away, and makes fielding capitals for them to kill a lot less necessary to boot. Post fozzie-sov, the only natural escalation to supers will be to kill off triage carriers, and, why risk supers to do that when you can do it with dreads at a fraction of the cost?

[Disclaimer: I say this as a man who loves both Caps and Subcaps, and owns a Super.]

Actually, I find this encouraging. Maybe I'm hopelessly optimistic, but once Capitals are free of the ball and chain of structure killing, I feel there is real hope for a massive rebalance purely around themselves. Just to make sense, I feel the problem with Caps and Supers currently is circular - structures have massive hp, so Dreads/Supers/Titans need massive damage in order to turn structure grinds from painful self-inflicted torture, to something done in a reasonable time. But because they have such massive damage, it needs to be hobbled in such a way that it can't insta-pop ships left and right, which leads to appalling damage application on subcapitals, and massive hp pools on the ships they can apply that damage to (ie: the Capital line), and ludicrous inpenetrable capital-rep spider-tanks.

By removing structure grinding completely, CCP could (if they were brave) de-escalate Capital damage and hp completely. Slash Super and Dread damage, but make it easier to apply against the larger subcaps (I would like to see T3's not be able to laugh off my Fighters), and likewise hack Capital hp away across the board, and maybe remove Capital Reps completely (since lower hp and lower damage means subcapital remote reps could pick up the void). Once structure-grinding is gone, its no longer holding the leash on Capital gameplay, bring the Capital and Subcapital games closer together, rather than putting a massive cliff between them. But maybe I'm just a hopeless optimist Big smile
123Next pageLast page