These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Duality] Sovereignty Playtest Competition

First post First post
Author
Dizzop Bengal
Chamber Militant
#401 - 2015-07-05 08:01:17 UTC
In the corp menu under "alliances" under the "sovereignty" tab. When sorting by timer the ongoing timers are under the reinforced timers. This is slightly confusing, Is it possible to adjust the sorting to make the ongoing ones appear above the reinforcement timers? or is there a reason for them to appear above the ongoing ones?
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#402 - 2015-07-05 22:52:47 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
Rowells wrote:
Heinrich Rotwang wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Most recent timer list:
Exit Time    Solar System    Structure    Owning Alliance    Defense Multiplier
2015.07.02 16:11    H6-CX8    Station Defense    Fidelas Constans    6
2015.07.02 20:03    H6-CX8    IHub Defense    Spectre Fleet Alliance    3.4


What I dont get is, how the H6 station can still have a 6x defense multiplier. They lost the TCU and the IHub and when I open the sov info tab it says 3.4 and rapidly dropping. Is there 3 different multipliers even tho there is only one visible and others are hidden or ... ? Confusion.

Did they lose ihub/tcu before or after timer started?

H6 was FCON's Capital unless I'm crazy.

Now that you mention it, it does sound familiar. However I haven't been on there in a while, so I have no idea what has happened since then.
Warmeister
Tactically Challenged
Tactical Supremacy
#403 - 2015-07-06 06:50:18 UTC
so when is the raffle gonna take place?
Heinrich Rotwang
Spectre Fleet Corporation
#404 - 2015-07-06 09:09:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Heinrich Rotwang
Rowells wrote:
Heinrich Rotwang wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Most recent timer list:
Exit Time    Solar System    Structure    Owning Alliance    Defense Multiplier
2015.07.02 16:11    H6-CX8    Station Defense    Fidelas Constans    6
2015.07.02 20:03    H6-CX8    IHub Defense    Spectre Fleet Alliance    3.4


What I dont get is, how the H6 station can still have a 6x defense multiplier. They lost the TCU and the IHub and when I open the sov info tab it says 3.4 and rapidly dropping. Is there 3 different multipliers even tho there is only one visible and others are hidden or ... ? Confusion.

Did they lose ihub/tcu before or after timer started?



AFAIR the other sov structures were gone by the time we reinforced the station, but the effective multiplier being calculated ahead of time explains it. I knew it was the FCON HQ - just didn't know the value is always a fixed one (guilty !rtfm)

I think a lot of the complexity comes once again from the UI. If the 3 rows in the sov tab representing the 3 sov structures would simply show the actual effective multiplier for the state the structure is currently in, everything would be fine.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#405 - 2015-07-06 11:10:25 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
And the competition is officially over!

Final scores are:
Pandemic Legion: 198
Spectre Fleet Alliance: 40
No Not Believing: 35
Affirmative.: 22
Fidelas Constans: 7

Big congrats to everyone who participated, especially to the final five alliances.

I've drawn the winners for the module naming using Chribba's dice, and those results will be revealed in an upcoming dev blog.

Remember that the drawn alliances don't get to name the module whatever they want. The default is for the alliance ticker of the winning alliances to be added to the name, and we're willing to consider other suggestions from the winning alliances as long as they completely and totally fit into the EVE universe. The bar for alternate suggestions is extremely high, and we expect to use the ticker for most of the modules.

Remember that Duality remains open and can still be used for testing, bug reporting and getting acquainted with the new system. We have another internal build ready to deploy soon that has another big batch of UI updates thanks to your feedback.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Neddy Fox
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#406 - 2015-07-06 11:30:52 UTC
And Stella Nova ?
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#407 - 2015-07-06 11:35:34 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Neddy Fox wrote:
And Stella Nova ?

Stella Nova's starting constellation was taken by No Not Believing

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

BlitZ Kotare
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#408 - 2015-07-06 11:37:55 UTC
Cool, looking forward to UI updates. How soon can we expect Duality to be reconfigured for AT testing?
Ruune en Gravonere
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#409 - 2015-07-06 12:54:05 UTC
Yeah the games went on a just a bit too long we ended up having to put all our efforts into TQ over the weekend Sad
Elise Randolph
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#410 - 2015-07-06 14:12:29 UTC
We did it!

~

Jayne Fillon
#411 - 2015-07-06 14:13:00 UTC
I'm assuming there are 4 meta modules that will be named?

Also, was the requirement for participants to "capture at least one system within the competition area" met by all 5 alliances?

Can't shoot blues if you don't have any. Long Live NPSI.

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#412 - 2015-07-06 14:18:50 UTC
Jayne Fillon wrote:
I'm assuming there are 4 meta modules that will be named?

Also, was the requirement for participants to "capture at least one system within the competition area" met by all 5 alliances?

Yup four out of the five Alliances left will get modules named after them. Which ones exactly will be revealed in an upcoming dev blog.

As for the "capture at least one system" requirement, it was for getting named in the BPO, not for the drawing itself. We'll be pretty generous with that prize though, everyone who was active testing the new system in just about any significant way will get their names on the BPO.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Redwyne Vyruk
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#413 - 2015-07-06 14:21:46 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Jayne Fillon wrote:
I'm assuming there are 4 meta modules that will be named?

Also, was the requirement for participants to "capture at least one system within the competition area" met by all 5 alliances?

Yup four out of the five Alliances left will get modules named after them. Which ones exactly will be revealed in an upcoming dev blog.

As for the "capture at least one system" requirement, it was for getting named in the BPO, not for the drawing itself. We'll be pretty generous with that prize though, everyone who was active testing the new system in just about any significant way will get their names on the BPO.


ETA for dev blog? quite interested :)
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#414 - 2015-07-06 15:15:43 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
And the competition is officially over!

Final scores are:
Pandemic Legion: 198
Spectre Fleet Alliance: 40
No Not Believing: 35
Affirmative.: 22
Fidelas Constans: 7

Big congrats to everyone who participated, especially to the final five alliances.

I've drawn the winners for the module naming using Chribba's dice, and those results will be revealed in an upcoming dev blog.

Remember that the drawn alliances don't get to name the module whatever they want. The default is for the alliance ticker of the winning alliances to be added to the name, and we're willing to consider other suggestions from the winning alliances as long as they completely and totally fit into the EVE universe. The bar for alternate suggestions is extremely high, and we expect to use the ticker for most of the modules.

Remember that Duality remains open and can still be used for testing, bug reporting and getting acquainted with the new system. We have another internal build ready to deploy soon that has another big batch of UI updates thanks to your feedback.


Honestly been kicking this around trying to figure out a non poop way to get [-10] into a name, nothing seemed to work our right at all or even come close to looking good, so then i started looking at our name and emblem, the best Ive got as far as sounding non crap I've come up with is the Legion's Viral Entosis Link.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Tappits
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#415 - 2015-07-06 17:55:40 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Honestly been kicking this around trying to figure out a non poop way to get [-10] into a name, nothing seemed to work our right at all or even come close to looking good, so then i started looking at our name and emblem, the best Ive got as far as sounding non crap I've come up with is the Legion's Viral Entosis Link.


What about the “Telkin Unstable Entosis link I”
A really angry mod that takes a lot of fitting with good range and reasonable cap use and has a 2min 30s cycle time.

CPU 15
Powergrid usage 120
Activation cost 450 Gj
Optimal range 150 km
Activation time 150 s
Meta 4
Stront 1
Ruune en Gravonere
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#416 - 2015-07-06 18:54:15 UTC
IN our defence we did take a system and would have given NO NOT a fight... if we'd turned up P

But congrats all the winners and everyone who helped test the new sov... I'm pretty sure we all learned a lot and the final product is much improved by all the feedback...

Its all about having supportive 'critical friends'
Elise Randolph
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#417 - 2015-07-06 19:02:25 UTC
I'm gonna laugh so hard when PL doesn't get a name on any module. Can we make our own lore post tho?

~

Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#418 - 2015-07-06 20:08:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Gabriel Karade
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Neddy Fox wrote:
And Stella Nova ?

Stella Nova's starting constellation was taken by No Not Believing

That was the longest period I've remained logged into Eve in 11 years... Shocked

#Nerds4Life

Edit:

Bridged a Freighter out to setup 'Siege' tower around 10:00 ish, logged for a bit, back on around 14:00, crawled into bed sometime after 00:00... I think.

Entosis'ing node times, best of times.

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

utec asmo
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#419 - 2015-07-06 20:48:55 UTC
Inb4 the 0,3% chance strikes and PL isn't one of the four named alliances.
Tappits
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#420 - 2015-07-06 22:55:47 UTC
Elise Randolph wrote:
I'm gonna laugh so hard when PL doesn't get a name on any module. Can we make our own lore post tho?


Good keeping our name off the thing that killed eve is a good thing tbh