These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

EVE Online From a New Players Perspective (short Story)

First post
Author
Deuce McGuilicuddy
Jebediah's Minimally Invasive Salvage and Recovery
#21 - 2015-07-04 09:21:55 UTC
I thought you said it was a short story. You lied to everyone in this subforum. Shame on you. Also, tl;dr.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#22 - 2015-07-04 09:23:42 UTC
Works fine on my IExplorer, perhaps instead of blaming something else you should probably try to figure out what you're doing wrong. And that's not just in regards to your browser.
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#23 - 2015-07-04 09:24:26 UTC
Deuce McGuilicuddy wrote:
I thought you said it was a short story. You lied to everyone in this subforum. Shame on you. Also, tl;dr.

No he didn't. It was quite short. Not even a page. Most short stories are are 25 pages. Compared to a long story that can reach several hundreds of pages.
Lucy Lopez
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#24 - 2015-07-04 09:25:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucy Lopez
Deuce McGuilicuddy
Jebediah's Minimally Invasive Salvage and Recovery
#25 - 2015-07-04 09:47:46 UTC
Yarda Black wrote:
Deuce McGuilicuddy wrote:

No he didn't. It was quite short. Not even a page. Most short stories are are 25 pages. Compared to a long story that can reach several hundreds of pages.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm sure the OP will be very happy to put your editing skills to work when it comes time to publish that riveting tale.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#26 - 2015-07-04 11:27:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Divine Entervention
The OP listed a new player's perspective.

The hate being directed towards whoever the story is about, him or his "friend" is completely unwarranted.

OP gave a valid story surrounding someone's experiences, and the majority of posts are criticism and veiled insults.
The majority of the story isn't negative. It's well balanced, it's got some positives and it's got some negatives.

You kids seem unable to handle an opinion or viewpoint other than your own.
Grow up bigots.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#27 - 2015-07-04 11:55:14 UTC
That new player... how many years did he play before he lost all his stuff to evil space pirates?
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#28 - 2015-07-04 12:14:49 UTC
This has to be the best introductory post in the past 10 years. Smile

Yozora Shadow wrote:
However, the kind soul that decided to destroy my upwards of 800 million worth of stuff, messaged and said he was sorry, and didn't realize I was such a new player, and he gave me the ISK to replace my ship, and all that was lost, gave me a few links with information about hauling, and how to properly fit a ship for such an adventure.

That's us. Smile

Hang in there regarding the "Red security space", or Nullsec - https://updates.eveonline.com/date/2015-07-14/

Ten more days.
Le Moineau
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2015-07-04 12:30:04 UTC
Tldr

Look at it this way. The cost of entrance into this game pretty much guarantees a certain class of people playing this game. You now right off what you will come up against.

Knowing is half the battle.

Trust nobody!!
Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#30 - 2015-07-04 17:21:30 UTC
Tisiphone Dira wrote:
Saying our name won't summon us, we aren't deatheaters
Bloody-Codey, Bloody-Codey, Bloody-Codey ... no? How about Beetlecode Beetlecode Beetlecode?

But again, going after Ventures... looking pretty weak. Do they even pull enough rock to pay for a permit?
V1P3RR
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2015-07-05 11:07:33 UTC
Yozora Shadow[u wrote:
but I am typically a non-PvP player in any game,

think I`ve spotted your problem...

basically you`ve joined a PvP game , a sandbox even and you`re still trying to play it as a themepark
Mike Rothschild
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#32 - 2015-07-05 11:39:26 UTC
There's something I can't get. Why people always say that EVE is a sandbox game where we can do whatever we want and just after, that EVE is not for non-PVP players. Well...

Rule n°1 : "No one says anything "just so" and everything that is being said or written is an expression of the inner self." Pixie Tickle

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#33 - 2015-07-05 12:07:47 UTC
Mike Rothschild wrote:
Why people always say that EVE is a sandbox game where we can do whatever we want and just after, that EVE is not for non-PVP players.

Eve is not for non-PvP players because we can do whatever we want. Does it make sense now?
Mike Rothschild
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#34 - 2015-07-05 12:18:54 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Mike Rothschild wrote:
Why people always say that EVE is a sandbox game where we can do whatever we want and just after, that EVE is not for non-PVP players.

Eve is not for non-PvP players because we can do whatever we want. Does it make sense now?

Yeah but still, solo player can still find their way ^^

Rule n°1 : "No one says anything "just so" and everything that is being said or written is an expression of the inner self." Pixie Tickle

Previous page12