These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A Reflection on Finding God

Author
Matar Ronin
#41 - 2015-06-28 22:54:53 UTC
Alabath Schmidt wrote:

Bye bye~

Tee hee, he said arse!
Your brilliant dissertations have set the bar so high who could hope to match your .... um ... juvenile ... trolling! Does your mother know you are using her IGS account?

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

Jennifer Starfall
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#42 - 2015-06-28 23:00:46 UTC
Liam Antolliere wrote:
You have my sincerest apologies for contributing to the derailment of this discussion. It was disrespectful to you and inconsiderate of the topic. I pray your forgiveness.

You have done nothing that requires forgiving, Msr. Antolliere, but the fact that you felt you should apologize speaks volumes about your character.

Jennifer Starfall

Fifth Seyllin Conference

Alabath Schmidt
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2015-06-29 00:21:03 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Your brilliant dissertations have set the bar so high who could hope to match your .... um ... juvenile ... trolling! Does your mother know you are using her IGS account?

You're still derailing the thread!

That is all you do! If there's an Amarrian thread, you go into it, and you **** all over it. You're the Diana Kim of Amarr threads.

Either talk about the topic at hand or stop posting entirely. You're making yourself and the faction you represent look like incoherent, rude dolts.

(PS - perhaps work on growing a sense of humor, too.)
Matar Ronin
#44 - 2015-06-29 00:59:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Matar Ronin
Alabath Schmidt wrote:
Matar Ronin wrote:

That is all you do! If there's an Amarrian thread, you go into it, and you **** all over it. You're the Diana Kim of Amarr threads.

Either talk about the topic at hand or stop posting entirely. You're making yourself and the faction you represent look like incoherent, rude dolts.

Poor little Alabath all broken up about a thread being derailed I can picture the scene ......

Little Alabath: "Boo Hoo, the bad man won't listen to my orders Mommy, what should I do?"

Mother Schmidt: "Consider perhaps that your previous foolish statements about the demonic deity of the slavery cult upon which this thread is based triggered a response from someone who did not agree with you. Religion in the cluster is a very serious topic, perhaps too deep for my little carrot top munchkin."

Little Alabath: "But I just want him to do as I say!" stomping her feet for emphasis.

Mother Schmidt: "Calm yourself, hush now, that is not the way IGS works people are free to post what they choose. Now run along and stop trying to understand grown up things."

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

Jennifer Starfall
Khimi Harar
#45 - 2015-06-29 04:22:10 UTC
Mr. Ronin,

Ms. Schmidt's comparison is apt. We are not discussing any of the subjects in which you feel a need to attempt relevance in. Please show sense for once and depart.

Jennifer Starfall

Fifth Seyllin Conference

Liam Antolliere
Doomheim
#46 - 2015-06-29 04:28:42 UTC
Childish taunting and mockery while simultaneously telling another person to let the adults talk? I feel like I'm back in the schoolyard.

How quaint.

Whether you agree with her or not is irrelevant, Monsieur Ronin.

The simple fact is that the only image you're painting is you throwing a tantrum like a toddler in the shopping mart because your mother told you she wasn't buying you a lollipop. I do not think anyone that frequents these discussion boards has any doubt about your grievances with the Amarr blood-drinking, devil-worshiping, death, slavery cult.

You could do most of us a favor however, and relegate your discussions to threads that are actually about those topics rather than ones such as this, which are about a personal journey of a singular capsuleer whom you happen to associate with those things which cause you to froth at the mouth.

If you were a man of honor, you'd apologize for your demeanor and withdraw from the conversation.

"Though the people may hate me, that does not relieve me of my charge."

Maria Daphiti
Khimi Harar
#47 - 2015-06-29 04:33:43 UTC
Alabath Schmidt wrote:
Matar Ronin wrote:

One big difference, Diana Kim undocks, unlike the Irrelevant One.
Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#48 - 2015-06-29 04:54:53 UTC
The idea of 'finding' God is an odd one to me. That would be like finding the rain that's hitting your head or the ocean that you swim in. I can't quite wrap my head around it, though I know what you mean on an intellectual level.

Still, glad you found Him.

Alabath Schmidt wrote:
You're making yourself and the faction you represent look like incoherent, rude dolts.

I do not believe Matar Ronin represents anything but his own incoherent, unintelligible backside.

I would never dream of holding him against the Minmatar people or those that serve the Republic.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#49 - 2015-06-29 05:28:36 UTC
Alabath Schmidt wrote:
You're the Diana Kim of Amarr threads.

Oh really? That gallentean troll, who were known for her introduction to IGS with derailing and insulting compares me to that savage?

Rather weird. Haven't you noticed, that it were this Alabath and Roning comparing and measuring their grammar skills against each other?

I don't know why they brought up me out of blue, but I can conclude that Alabath Schmidt and Matar Ronin definitely worth each other. Do you guys want to marry maybe?

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#50 - 2015-06-29 05:51:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Pieter Tuulinen
This was a deeply personal revelation that Miss Starfall shared. I wonder why she bothered. My considerations, suuolo.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#51 - 2015-06-29 05:54:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Aria Jenneth
Maria Daphiti wrote:
... the Irrelevant One.

If I may respectfully suggest, pilots ...

If he is irrelevant, there's nothing to be gained from responding to him at all.

He's a noisy person. I won't say he does it well, or that making noise requires much skill ... but he wouldn't make near as much without us helping.

We're doing his work by responding. Even me. Even now, right now.

So let's stop.

---------

So ...

Suuolo, I ... wasn't going to respond here, at least directly. But I guess, maybe I should.

In a very real way, I think this time has been harder on you than on me. The winds that tear at you haven't reached me, with the exception of, I guess, a couple of the poeple I'd grown closest to. Now, even that might be on the mend.

If not for you, I don't know if I'd ever have even heard the wind whistling, or understood what that meant, that last, sad, parting insight. If two points describe a line, and three a circle, you brought me the fourth that made it a sphere.

I might have missed it entirely, but for you.

The insight's not the only reason I'm grateful. It's just the best way I can think to look at it that doesn't lead me into lines of thought ... that I know you'd prefer I didn't follow. It's hard, really hard, not to be angry. Not to let grievance sprout, grow, and blossom into hate.

Not for my sake; knowing about the whispers hurts, but they're their own problems more than mine.

For yours.

... but you know that.

You made a choice to be honest with me, and have suffered for it. I won't forget that.
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#52 - 2015-06-29 06:10:22 UTC
Ms Starfall,

I wasn't going to post on here as, normally, on matters you've brought up I generally try to keep my thoughts and feelings private and shared only between my friends and those involved. However, I feel I should respond after the gross derailment.

In the matter of Ms Jenneth, while I can't put words in people's mouths, once you take the sore feelings away I think you'll find the 'winds' are simply dissapointed. Reclaimation is a core tenant of our faith, and for many people it seemed they'd hoped by showing Ms Jenneth our empire and our faith, that she might see God's glory for herself. Alas, it was not (and perhaps never was) to be. While I hope eventually Ma Jenneth 'finds God' much as yourself, it's plain her journey is going elsewhere at this time.

In the matter of 'betrayer' 'traitor' et al, again I cannot put words in other people's mouths. However, I can put them in my own. One has to be part of something to betray it. Ms Jenneth, for all our kindness, was not ultimately part of the Empire. Therefore, she could not betray it. She did, however, russtle up a lot of jimmies with some of her thoughts and comments, made and presented in public and caused an upset (rightly or wrongly) amoung some of the Amarrian Loyalists.

If either yourself or Ms Jenneth want to know more on how I really feel, at length, about the whole thing you can ask me privately. I've shared about as much as I'm happy to here.

In regards to your own path towards God, it gladens my heart to see another person join the Faith.

God's blessings,

Utari Onzo

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Goldfinch
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2015-06-29 12:19:56 UTC

We think God is as much the hand that holds the whip, as He is the body who suffers the lash. Finding Him is an act of surrender, an acknowledgement of an impossibly beautiful Greater Power.

We found our faith while locked inside a cage, upon the light of a window shaped like a star. We remember in the darkness we could feel out our veins just under the skin, the memory of our fingertips as our only guide. We were searching, inside and outside, for an exit for what we perceived as pain. We used to think He was impossible to find.

Faith is a bird, and it is freedom.

We are pleased you have found yours.

Matar Ronin wrote:
Such long winded drivel.

Wonder if you'll find the keys to your pod next week, cause you really need to get out more.

Pardon us, if we are being too presumptuous.. but not all of us can boast a decorated three-year combat career like yours in which the only recorded activity was the loss of a single Rifter. Perhaps you will be so gracious as to teach us how to 'get out' more, from your.. extensive experience?

\J/

veiled and bound

my origin story (on eve-backstage)

Jade Blackwind
#54 - 2015-06-29 15:32:55 UTC
If anything is to be learned looking at the Amarr slave converts, it is: Never surrender.

No matter whatever is the price, no matter how deep is the humiliation, one should always find the strength to cling to whatever core of self that still keeps breathing, while it exists. And die as yourself, if necessary, before the sound of a master's whip turns into a sweet music.

Paralyzed, limbless, defiled to the very last bit of one's being, crawling in agony towards a gruesome death. Never. Surrender. Nor to men. Nor to the spirits of the unspeakable void. Nor to the Amarrian God. Never.

This is -- freedom.
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#55 - 2015-06-29 15:40:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Utari Onzo
[RETRACTED IN LIGHT OF COMMENTS].

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Jennifer Starfall
Khimi Harar
#56 - 2015-06-29 17:07:24 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
I would say something about this post but..

Who in the hell are you addressing? Ms Starfall was never a slave. She is a convert, born free and of her own will took up the faith.

I think Ms. Blackwind was providing a polite, thoughtful dissenting point of view. As such, her thoughts are welcome here.

Ironically, what she says does have relevance to me. While I have not been a slave, there was a period of my life where I fought, struggled and begged to die. And from that, I learned how precious freedom is. The free will with which I've chosen my path is a treasure. I do not see my faith as a metaphor of slavery, and I am fully aware that this may set me apart from those who would mentor me towards God.

But this is something that I own and expect to one day know the truth of.

Until then, my path continues on.

Jennifer Starfall

Fifth Seyllin Conference

Jade Blackwind
#57 - 2015-06-29 17:08:43 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
Who in the hell are you addressing? Ms Starfall was never a slave.
I thought this is obvious.
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#58 - 2015-06-29 17:15:05 UTC
Jennifer Starfall wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
I would say something about this post but..

Who in the hell are you addressing? Ms Starfall was never a slave. She is a convert, born free and of her own will took up the faith.

I think Ms. Blackwind was providing a polite, thoughtful dissenting point of view. As such, her thoughts are welcome here.

Ironically, what she says does have relevance to me. While I have not been a slave, there was a period of my life where I fought, struggled and begged to die. And from that, I learned how precious freedom is. The free will with which I've chosen my path is a treasure. I do not see my faith as a metaphor of slavery, and I am fully aware that this may set me apart from those who would mentor me towards God.

But this is something that I own and expect to one day know the truth of.

Until then, my path continues on.

Jade Blackwind wrote:
I thought this is obvious.

Forgive my ignorance, I have redacted my comment and make a personal apology for any potential derailment.

Now, as the matter of slavery is a contentious subject at best on the IGS, and I forsee it's going to fan some serious flames if I get into a heated discussion on it, I'll take my leave with respect to Ms Starfall's wishes.

Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#59 - 2015-06-29 17:40:09 UTC
I do find it amusing that the label gets bandied around in reference to Miss Starfall, a Caldari.

I didn't even encounter the word 'slave' in any form until I started learning a foreign language.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Matar Ronin
#60 - 2015-06-29 17:44:31 UTC
Goldfinch wrote:

Matar Ronin wrote:
Such long winded drivel.

Wonder if you'll find the keys to your pod next week, cause you really need to get out more.

Pardon us, if we are being too presumptuous.. but not all of us can boast a decorated three-year combat career like yours in which the only recorded activity was the loss of a single Rifter. Perhaps you will be so gracious as to teach us how to 'get out' more, from your.. extensive experience?

It would be my pleasure. First you must train as a logi pilot and care more about keeping your teammates alive than gaining the glory of a kill mail.

Second you train as a POS gunner because the really big targets line up to destroy the assets your teammates depend upon to survive outside of high sec. You get to stare eyeball to eyeball to carriers and dreadnoughts exchanging fire and trying to tackle them so the guns of the POS and your team mates can destroy them. You don't get the glory of a kill mail but you do have the admiration of your team mates who know you fought alone against capital ships until they arrived to turn the tide.

You have to make some choices, the quick satisfaction of numerous kill mails or the enduring good of keeping the assets and your team mates from destruction by having other valuable skills.

Yes to my great shame I did lose a rifter, it should not have happened, but it did, a momentary lapse in judgment and boom you are in a pod. Such is the reality of low sec.