These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

CVA + PIE + Holders + Caldari Allies Destroy a DRIFTER 100 Battleship ARMADA

Author
Vania Naari
State War Academy
Caldari State
#41 - 2015-06-28 23:40:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Vania Naari
Max Singularity wrote:
Sinjin Mokk wrote:

I pray the Empress takes note of what has transpired.


My excuse for not attending is by far weak... but Jamyl's lack of presence or noting what has transpired is yet again another matter of grave concern and yet I call to those that follow blindly to question the visions in your mind. What is she thinking? What has she caused you to think? The threat is real and present and we need true leadership for the True Amarr.


The empress owes us no explanation, and the implication that she can't, or won't deal with this threat appropriately is foolish at best.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#42 - 2015-06-29 00:09:27 UTC
Max Singularity wrote:
... The threat is real and present and we need true leadership for the True Amarr. ...
Yes, the legitimate heir to the throne Artcio Kor-Azor
Goons might keep stroking their egos about what they have done in the far out lying system that are the galactic desert but in the lush densely populated systems of the empire, they hold no more sway than a buzzing insect makes a stirr as people swat at it.
They have no hope of placing their puppet on the throne.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Kontrahage
Perkone
Caldari State
#43 - 2015-06-29 00:22:42 UTC
Max Singularity wrote:

Blessings to the fighters and the 'real' protectors of Amarr.


Just a week before this glorious victory the same people you so vocally praise here
were struggling to fight the hordes of madmen you unleashed on Domain causing
more death and destruction than the empire has seen since the terrorist uprising.

How can you claim concern for security and peace when you have already caused
more suffering than the Drifters since their first appearance?
I fear you are the greatest threat at the moment, followed by the Drifters who, unlike
your disciples, did not succeed in setting Amarr ablaze.
Kahar Dex
Imperial Dreams
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#44 - 2015-06-29 02:07:59 UTC
Max Singularity wrote:


My excuse for not attending is by far weak... but Jamyl's lack of presence or noting what has transpired is yet again another matter of grave concern and yet I call to those that follow blindly to question the visions in your mind. What is she thinking? What has she caused you to think? The threat is real and present and we need true leadership for the True Amarr.

It's Time.

Blessings to the fighters and the 'real' protectors of Amarr.


I have reason to believe that the Empress shall make her thoughts known in due time.

It is not unusual that the Empress was not present. To date, there have never been any appearances by the throne at capsuleer events. Admiral Blake or Lord Hardin can attest to this, but in times past, the Throne has always made announcements by proxy.

The fact that the Imperial Navy was present is testament enough that the Amarr Empire recognizes the loyalty of it's subjects.

Also, given the fact that many witnesses have seen something like what may have been the discharge of an Amarrian super weapon , the Empress may in fact have been there under covert protection.

As a man of faith, I look to the signs of God's hand entering the realm of men. We gathered in Unity of support for Empire and to heed the Empress' call. And the only thing I can see, is what looked to be God's divine intervention, and a glorious victory for Amarr forces. Could this be God's affirmation?. Men of rational would be hard pressed to say that loyalists follow blindly after the events of Drifter Armada defeat.

I cannot see anything that contradicts her divine appointment.

Max, I have been very reasonable in the past. But being present at the battle, many of us were shaken to our core. The priorities at present are not legal inquiry, but to to set our sights on what we should do to promote further unity and shore up our resources against the apparent evil plans of the Drifters.

I would beg you, and the Imperium to consider standing beside us against the peril. Division will surely bring us low, and we must band together to protect the innocent of the Amarr Empire against the Drifter threat, as well as the evil Northern Coalition currently wreaking lawless havoc in Providence. Do me one favor, and be encouraged to consider this.

His Eminence Cardinal Kahar Dex of the CVA and Imperial Dreams. Follow The Cardinal: @kahardex

Elisk Skyforge
Caldari Provisions
#45 - 2015-06-29 02:17:58 UTC
The Empress' blue light miracle that crippled the entire Drifter armada and led to our victory is just another confirmation of Jamyl's godly powers after her ascension, she is our saviour, she watches over us and she is the one and only true leader of the Amarr and its allies.

May she enlighten our path and ignite our sword in fight against the corrupts and the impostor who dares to question her holiness' wisdom.
Hardin
Imperial Dreams
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#46 - 2015-06-29 02:27:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Hardin
I was happy to get the opportunity to step away from my planet side duties to participate in this event and in the destruction of the Drifter fleet - even though it was at great personal cost.

My Damnation class command ship 'TES Amarr Victor' was in the thick of the action once the CVA fleet commander engaged the enemy fleet. My heart filled with joy as Drifter after Drifter battleship exploded - albeit this was tempered by the high price our own fleet was paying.

Only four Drifter battleships remained when my ship was struck by an incredible force. Despite multiple layers of reinforced armor my flagship was destroyed in an instant and indeed I was lucky that my pod escaped the destruction.

Shocked by what had occurred I remained on the battlefield to watch the end of the engagement and cheered as the last Drifter ship was dispatched.

My heartfelt thanks go to those who organised and participated in this glorious event. Once again loyal Amarrians and their redoubtable allies stood in the path of an apparently untouchable enemy and triumphed. Over the past twelve years we have won and we have lost but the relentless determination endowed by faith in the Empire provides a shield that none may pierce.

We have won great victories, we suffered great setbacks - but through it all we persist. Ultimately we will triumph and bring the light of Amarrian civilisation to all corners of the galaxy.

Amarr Victor

John Revenent
Revenent Defence Corperation
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#47 - 2015-06-29 05:25:04 UTC  |  Edited by: John Revenent
I appreciate the retrieval effort of the Amarrian Fleet who managed to rescue several surviving personnel from the wreakage of the IRV Vanguard. To the captains of the aiding Protectorate forces who offered logistical support: Well done.

Ishukone Loyalist - Private Contractor

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned."

Archbishop Abraxas
Defensores Fidei
#48 - 2015-06-29 10:56:30 UTC
Avio Yaken wrote:

Not everyone there was a Amrrian loyalist...


One day...
Rytha Main
Defensores Fidei
#49 - 2015-06-29 11:10:34 UTC
I will iterate once and for all.

There were blinding flashes of light and horrific sounds of discharge.

I do not use boosters or any other sort of drugs.

It happened at least twice, and subsequent to those discharges, I was then able to tear through their shields. They did not have a secondary shield, and they were significantly weakened.

If you didn't see it, then you were not looking in the right direction, because it happened.
Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#50 - 2015-06-29 11:36:01 UTC
Rytha Main wrote:
If you didn't see it, then you were not looking in the right direction, because it happened.


Captain Main, I appreciate that find the conversation frustrating, but please look at it from an outside point of view.

We have a massive gathering of capsuleers, a superweapon goes off in the middle of them several time, but no one is able to take an image or video of it. Likewise, while you saw it, many others did not.

That makes sense if it's something subtle, but you've reported it as a blinding flash of light and a booming sound.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Utari Onzo
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#51 - 2015-06-29 11:41:48 UTC
I cannot confirm the flash of light, as I must admit my attention was on following fleet orders. However, I do confirm I hear the sounds. Multiple times. I can also confirm that before anyone had a chance to repond or open fire, several drifter battleships already had their shields severely damaged (namely missing their 'blue shield')

I conferred with my superiors, and especially with Lt Kernher, and I am certain something weakened those Drifters. Whether it was a divine act of God, or something else, that caused that specifically I cannot say. However I am certain God still smiled on us that day as we successfully destroyed the Drifter threat, thought at great cost.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#52 - 2015-06-29 11:44:52 UTC
Utari Onzo wrote:
I cannot confirm the flash of light, as I must admit my attention was on following fleet orders. However, I do confirm I hear the sounds. Multiple times. I can also confirm that before anyone had a chance to repond or open fire, several drifter battleships already had their shields severely damaged (namely missing their 'blue shield')

I conferred with my superiors, and especially with Lt Kernher, and I am certain something weakened those Drifters. Whether it was a divine act of God, or something else, that caused that specifically I cannot say. However I am certain God still smiled on us that day as we successfully destroyed the Drifter threat, thought at great cost.


In terms of losses could I ask what was the rough number of Allied fleet members? It may help others in quantifying the Drifter threat to know what was required to counter a 100 ship Drifter fleet that was already seriously damaged in some manner.
bardghost Isu
ChemiKals
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2015-06-29 11:46:27 UTC
I feel that we need to set up a mission to find what this was and what we could potentially have available to us that is remotely similar or that at least would give us the upper hand in battles with them...
Liam Antolliere
Liberty Vanguard
#54 - 2015-06-29 11:46:56 UTC
My condolences to those who lost friends, family and crew; the loss of life is never something to be taken lightly even for we who are so easily desensitized to death.

My congratulations to those who stood in defense against this threat and met victory.

It is my sincere hope that there will be no need for further rallying against this threat but, as that is unlikely, I hope to stand beside you when next it becomes necessary.

"Though the people may hate me, that does not relieve me of my charge."

bardghost Isu
ChemiKals
Goonswarm Federation
#55 - 2015-06-29 11:48:16 UTC
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
I cannot confirm the flash of light, as I must admit my attention was on following fleet orders. However, I do confirm I hear the sounds. Multiple times. I can also confirm that before anyone had a chance to repond or open fire, several drifter battleships already had their shields severely damaged (namely missing their 'blue shield')

I conferred with my superiors, and especially with Lt Kernher, and I am certain something weakened those Drifters. Whether it was a divine act of God, or something else, that caused that specifically I cannot say. However I am certain God still smiled on us that day as we successfully destroyed the Drifter threat, thought at great cost.


In terms of losses could I ask what was the rough number of Allied fleet members? It may help others in quantifying the Drifter threat to know what was required to counter a 100 ship Drifter fleet that was already seriously damaged in some manner.

Last Numbers I saw Was In The 200 Mark But I May Be Wrong
Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#56 - 2015-06-29 11:50:41 UTC
bardghost Isu wrote:
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
I cannot confirm the flash of light, as I must admit my attention was on following fleet orders. However, I do confirm I hear the sounds. Multiple times. I can also confirm that before anyone had a chance to repond or open fire, several drifter battleships already had their shields severely damaged (namely missing their 'blue shield')

I conferred with my superiors, and especially with Lt Kernher, and I am certain something weakened those Drifters. Whether it was a divine act of God, or something else, that caused that specifically I cannot say. However I am certain God still smiled on us that day as we successfully destroyed the Drifter threat, thought at great cost.


In terms of losses could I ask what was the rough number of Allied fleet members? It may help others in quantifying the Drifter threat to know what was required to counter a 100 ship Drifter fleet that was already seriously damaged in some manner.

Last Numbers I saw Was In The 200 Mark But I May Be Wrong


How many losses were incurred by the Allied fleet? Needing 2:1 advantage against a damaged fleet of Drifters is...disconcerting.
Utari Onzo
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#57 - 2015-06-29 11:52:45 UTC
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
I cannot confirm the flash of light, as I must admit my attention was on following fleet orders. However, I do confirm I hear the sounds. Multiple times. I can also confirm that before anyone had a chance to repond or open fire, several drifter battleships already had their shields severely damaged (namely missing their 'blue shield')

I conferred with my superiors, and especially with Lt Kernher, and I am certain something weakened those Drifters. Whether it was a divine act of God, or something else, that caused that specifically I cannot say. However I am certain God still smiled on us that day as we successfully destroyed the Drifter threat, thought at great cost.


In terms of losses could I ask what was the rough number of Allied fleet members? It may help others in quantifying the Drifter threat to know what was required to counter a 100 ship Drifter fleet that was already seriously damaged in some manner.


As medical aid to seriously injured and dying is still ongoing, the death toll officially is still rising.

Considering the numbers of battleships lost, it's going to be in the thousands. i will put in a request to Lady Terranova for estimates from our own rescue efforts, but CONCORD's and the Empire's SAR units will need to release their own figures.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Singularity Expedition Services
Singularity Syndicate
#58 - 2015-06-29 11:57:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Corraidhin Farsaidh
Utari Onzo wrote:
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
I cannot confirm the flash of light, as I must admit my attention was on following fleet orders. However, I do confirm I hear the sounds. Multiple times. I can also confirm that before anyone had a chance to repond or open fire, several drifter battleships already had their shields severely damaged (namely missing their 'blue shield')

I conferred with my superiors, and especially with Lt Kernher, and I am certain something weakened those Drifters. Whether it was a divine act of God, or something else, that caused that specifically I cannot say. However I am certain God still smiled on us that day as we successfully destroyed the Drifter threat, thought at great cost.


In terms of losses could I ask what was the rough number of Allied fleet members? It may help others in quantifying the Drifter threat to know what was required to counter a 100 ship Drifter fleet that was already seriously damaged in some manner.


As medical aid to seriously injured and dying is still ongoing, the death toll officially is still rising.

Considering the numbers of battleships lost, it's going to be in the thousands. i will put in a request to Lady Terranova for estimates from our own rescue efforts, but CONCORD's and the Empire's SAR units will need to release their own figures.


Apologies, I meant in terms of ships lost to gain an idea of the tactical requirements should this occur again elsewhere. I dread to think of the losses of crew. I would not describe that as a cost, feels like reducing human life to a monetary term.
Utari Onzo
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#59 - 2015-06-29 12:01:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Utari Onzo
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Utari Onzo wrote:
I cannot confirm the flash of light, as I must admit my attention was on following fleet orders. However, I do confirm I hear the sounds. Multiple times. I can also confirm that before anyone had a chance to repond or open fire, several drifter battleships already had their shields severely damaged (namely missing their 'blue shield')

I conferred with my superiors, and especially with Lt Kernher, and I am certain something weakened those Drifters. Whether it was a divine act of God, or something else, that caused that specifically I cannot say. However I am certain God still smiled on us that day as we successfully destroyed the Drifter threat, thought at great cost.


In terms of losses could I ask what was the rough number of Allied fleet members? It may help others in quantifying the Drifter threat to know what was required to counter a 100 ship Drifter fleet that was already seriously damaged in some manner.


As medical aid to seriously injured and dying is still ongoing, the death toll officially is still rising.

Considering the numbers of battleships lost, it's going to be in the thousands. i will put in a request to Lady Terranova for estimates from our own rescue efforts, but CONCORD's and the Empire's SAR units will need to release their own figures.


Apologies, I meant in terms of ships lost to gain an idea of the tactical requirements should this occur again elsewhere. I dread to think of the losses of crew. I would not describe that as a cost.


My apologies. Due to the nature of killboards, not all of the losses incurred were shown in Galnet boards as Drifters don't seem to be registered in the kill lists.

EDIT:

I can now confirmed that we lost 5x Battleship class veseels, 1x Battlecruiser, 2x frigate class vesselsfrom our alliance alone.

From CVA and allied fleets, I know of atleast 5 other battleship class vessel losses (mostly apocs, one rattlesnake one scorpian navy issue) and probably a hell of a lot more on top. I deffer to their own statistics for more accurate numbers.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

bardghost Isu
ChemiKals
Goonswarm Federation
#60 - 2015-06-29 12:05:42 UTC  |  Edited by: bardghost Isu
Deepest Sympathies To The Families Of The Fallen. But This is why we need to find a way to fight them I feel we need a thread to discuss what tactics do and don't Work against them.