These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

oh the irony

Author
jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-06-19 20:22:52 UTC
it probably what he would of wanted Big smile

im sorry ...but I just had to laugh Big smile but its prolly what he woulda wanted Big smile

yes I know ...I`m still sick and twisted Twisted
jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2015-06-20 00:51:38 UTC
jason hill wrote:
it probably what he would of wanted Big smile

im sorry ...but I just had to laugh Big smile but its prolly what he woulda wanted Big smile

yes I know ...I`m still sick and twisted Twisted

looks like after 33 views nobody got the name of the companies building he landed on Shocked

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-06-20 05:43:02 UTC
Not sure I understand where the funny, ironic part is supposed to be, but I'll give it a try:

>God creates Higgs
>Higgs travels back in time to create boson
>Higgs-boson creates gravity
>gravity creates big bang, galaxies, stars and planets
>planet creates Darwin
>Darwin creates dinosaurs
>gravity kills dinosaurs
>dinosaurs create fossil fuels
>man creates planes to defy gravity
>man uses fossils to create jet fuel
>jet fuel can't melt steel beams
>gravity lets man drop out of plane
>man lands on "notthehighstreet.com" building
>neither Higgs nor Darwin were born on the highstreet
>the circle closes
>itsaconspiracy.jpg
>ancientaliens.jpg

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#4 - 2015-06-20 07:01:35 UTC
Frankly i don't see the sense in this.

Apparently you're laughing at the fate of someone desperate enough to have the galls to climb on an airplane undercarriage, and infortunate enough to fall to his death, probably unconscious, after 11 hellish hours of hypoxia and freezing cold.

All because the victim met his demise on the rooftop of a company whose name makes no sense to me.

Silence is so underrated...

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-06-20 11:59:29 UTC  |  Edited by: jason hill
oh FFS .!

he landed on a building called notonthestreet.com . has the world gone so politicaly correct that no one gets irony anymore Ugh

and anyway at the end of the day it was his choice to do what he did .no one forced him to do it .obviously had this stupid notion that by coming here the streets were paved with gold and that he would be living a life of a king .

sorry no sympathy what so ever
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2015-06-20 12:56:32 UTC
Nothing to do with political correctness- I just didn't find that funny or ironic enough.

Since the man illegally emigrated from South Africa, I would have found it ironic and funny if he had fallen through the roof of the South African Embassy in London, or the Home Office Immigration Authority.

But the Notonthestreet building...simply not funny enough, but maybe that's just me and my sense of humour is just terrible.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#7 - 2015-06-20 13:40:56 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Nothing to do with political correctness- I just didn't find that funny or ironic enough.

Since the man illegally emigrated from South Africa, I would have found it ironic and funny if he had fallen through the roof of the South African Embassy in London, or the Home Office Immigration Authority.

But the Notonthestreet building...simply not funny enough, but maybe that's just me and my sense of humour is just terrible.

Certain humour is funny only to people who share the hateful ideas behind it. What?

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-06-20 13:59:33 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

Certain humour is funny only to people who share the hateful ideas behind it. What?

Dark humor isn't necessarily about hatred, just a morbid sense for irony.
Have you never at least smirked at one of the Darwin-Awards stories?

jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-06-20 14:36:03 UTC
I wasn't going to mention that he was a dawin award candidate as not that many peeps follow it these days alas ...
but this particular chap certainly should be up for one .

and to take my point further who said anything about race ?. I certainly didn't . meh politicaly correct peeps looking for race discrimination when none was inferred ! stupid sod could have been white pink or green for I all know

im sorry if you lot don't see irony (when it drops on your head )

meh haters gonna hate .
at the end of the day stupid people are going to do stupid things ..with the end result ...well essentially ...being stupid
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#10 - 2015-06-20 16:26:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

Dark humor isn't necessarily about hatred, just a morbid sense for irony.
Have you never at least smirked at one of the Darwin-Awards stories?

Zimmy, he was not a fool doing something stupid. He was a desperate person doing something as brave as desperate.

Had he been a base jumper, I would have laughed at what he did to himself for nothing. But I never laugh at unvoluntary victims.

It's like laughing at the people who drown in the Mediterranean aboard floating wrecks. They aren't there for fun or the thrills, they're there becasue that insane death risk is better than what they leave behind.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2015-06-20 16:49:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta

Zimmy, he was not a fool doing something stupid. He was a desperate person doing something as brave as desperate.

Had he been a base jumper, I would have laughed at what he did to himself for nothing. But I never laugh at unvoluntary victims.

It's like laughing at the people who drown in the Mediterranean aboard floating wrecks. They aren't there for fun or the thrills, they're there becasue that insane death risk is better than what they leave behind.

I always assumed that by African standards, South Africa was a pretty safe and wealthy country; had the flight taken off from Syria or Iraq it would have been an entirely different thing.
Now we don't know if this guy was maybe a desperate refugee who made it to SA and then was trying to get away, or just a fool who wanted to fly for free.
While of course this is a human tragedy, there was no racism intended on my side- it was just that for lack of information, we both were assuming different things: you thought of him as a poor refugee, while I thought he was just a jerk trying to save money for a flight ticket.
It would have been better to wait unti further information was released, but then again, dark humor is at its best when it's still within the "too soon" timeframe.
But then again, it wasn't me who started.

jason hill wrote:

...meh politicaly correct peeps looking for race discrimination when none was inferred ! stupid sod could have been white pink or green for I all know

I guess at -60° C we can safely assume the colour was blue.

Ok...I'll show myself out ...Straight

jason hill
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-06-20 18:03:42 UTC
news just in ...the company have just changed their name to ...notonmyroof.com

look im still gonna see the dark humorous side of the tragedy . but such is my nature I always see the dark side of so life get over it if you don’t like what I posted i`m sorry but at the end of the day tough ****
this is oope and within reason we can post what we want
I`ve neither been racist, sexist, ageist . I was just pointing out the irony (as I see it of some chap whatever his colour/creed) doing such a stupid thing . I simply cannot believe that someone would go to such lengths to do such an idiotic thing even though I know it’s happened in the past .

Get over it peeps
Always look on the dark side of life dee doo dedoo

haters gonna hate Ugh
Jenshae Chiroptera
#13 - 2015-06-21 00:46:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
For the irony - *shrug*

I have seen a guy put a spear through another guy's head then hang around because he wanted to ride on an ambulance. These strange thought patterns are really common in Africa and I will put it down to a lack of education (bit like how kids will want to wear cardboard wings and think they can fly if they jump off the roof of the house).
As a result, I am not at all surprised that someone thought they could stow away inside a plane and probably had no idea of the conditions they will face.

The one that I found really amusing was the guy who does his first sky driving jump and the instructor strapped to his back dies of a heart attack. (He did get down safely).
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
... South Africa was a pretty safe ...
Hahahaha.
Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town, in that order, are the three most violently crime ridden cities in the world per capita. (Not exactly what I was looking for but gives you an idea.)
The Zulus are incredibly xenophobic and I have known them to attack and beat up other Zulus for being too black and dark like a Nigerian.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#14 - 2015-06-21 14:22:26 UTC
jason hill wrote:

Ha! Jason, the only problem I saw with the joke was I didn't know what "on the high street" meant. Had to look it up, seems it's something that's said around the U.K. area.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#15 - 2015-06-21 17:32:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Khergit Deserters wrote:
jason hill wrote:

Ha! Jason, the only problem I saw with the joke was I didn't know what "on the high street" meant. Had to look it up, seems it's something that's said around the U.K. area.

Apparenlty is a British idiom about the city's main shopping street , it also didn't made any sense to me. Compounded by the fact that here in my country people dies trying to reach our shores in the craziest ways while our youth emigrates to places like the UK... kinda crazy. We go out and people even poorer and more desperate take mafia controlled delerict boats and try their luck with the Gibraltar strait or hazardous 150 and 250 miles travels costing them 1 to 2 years of savings.

Touchy subject.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#16 - 2015-06-21 18:45:28 UTC
... Touchy subject.
When you have spent over a decade in Zimbabwe, you learn to shrug off a lot of stuff.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Cynter DeVries
Spheroidal Projections
#17 - 2015-06-22 01:28:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Cynter DeVries
In the immortal words of Al Yankovich, "irony is not coincidence."

Irony: “Upon the murderer I invoke this curse – whether he is one man and all unknown,
Or one of many – may he wear out his life in misery to miserable doom!” - Oedipus

Coincidence: "Rain on a wedding day"

Irony: "Britain's largest dog named 'Tiny'."

Coincidence: "Poor, desperate man falls out of plane and lands on building of company named 'not on high street'."

Irony: "Poor, desperate man survives trip in plane's wheel well, accidentally stows away on another flight going back home."

Irony: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315093/Polish-neo-Nazi-skinhead-couple-discover-JEWISH.html

Cynter's Law of feature suggestion: Thou shalt not suggest NPCs do something players could do instead.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#18 - 2015-06-22 04:19:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Shite/whoopdedo/cow patties/dukey/goose grease/unchi/green cowboy paint on all that above. Lighten up OOPE
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#19 - 2015-06-29 00:17:18 UTC
Matilda Cecilia Fock
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2015-06-29 06:50:39 UTC

After Ceiling Cat...

...Wingtop Cat!

Lol

Q: Should we be worried? A: Nope. (...) Worry a lot if Fozzie, Masterplan, Rise, Veritas, Bettik, Ytterbium, Scarpia, Arrow, or even Greyscale leaves. Worry a little if Punkturis, karkur, SoniClover, Affinity, Goliath, or Xhagen leaves.

12Next page