These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

A Reflection on Finding God

Author
Jennifer Starfall
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#21 - 2015-06-26 17:16:07 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Of all the Winds my heart belongs to Wind of Storm. Because while others shout, this one demands action. Cold Wind might give you cold look. Others will whisper to you: "betrayer" and "coward" and "monster".

But you will recognize Wind of Storm when you will hear shuddering thunder of Mjolnir, when you will see blinding ultraviolet lightning and when you will feel thick unforgiving rain of lead.

Is hatred and anger all you have left anymore? No joy or love? Nothing that allows you to gaze at the skies and see past the borders and jump lines to experience the wonder of the universe. Perhaps it may be time then to allow Wind of Storm to carry you to the Maker's arms where you can rest.

Jennifer Starfall

Fifth Seyllin Conference

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#22 - 2015-06-26 17:28:08 UTC
I will allow myself the rest only when all enemies of the State WILL DIE.

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#23 - 2015-06-26 18:23:27 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
I will allow myself the rest only when all enemies of the State WILL DIE.

No rest for the wicked.....

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#24 - 2015-06-27 00:11:13 UTC
Jennifer Starfall wrote:

Is hatred and anger all you have left anymore? No joy or love? Nothing that allows you to gaze at the skies and see past the borders and jump lines to experience the wonder of the universe.

Love brings only feel of loss and sorrow. Soldier must be firm and determined like forged steel, not a soft whiny slush because she lost someone.
Joy? Waste of time. While you have joy, your enemy can be killing your peoples and train themselves.
Wonders of universe? Well, I wonder how to destroy Federation faster. That's enough for me.

Liam Antolliere
Doomheim
#25 - 2015-06-27 02:16:15 UTC
Commander Kim,

Is it not for love of State that you fight? Is it not for joy of service that you continue to strive toward your goal of eliminating the Federation? Or is it merely hatred that drives you?

A soldier benefits from both love and joy and yes, while they can be exploitable weaknesses, they are also great sources of strength, persistence and encouragement.

Perhaps this truth will reveal itself to you in time.

"Though the people may hate me, that does not relieve me of my charge."

Zenariae
#26 - 2015-06-27 02:42:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Zenariae
Diana Kim wrote:
Of all the Winds my heart belongs to Wind of Storm. Because while others shout, this one demands action. Cold Wind might give you cold look. Others will whisper to you: "betrayer" and "coward" and "monster".

But you will recognize Wind of Storm when you will hear shuddering thunder of Mjolnir, when you will see blinding ultraviolet lightning and when you will feel thick unforgiving rain of lead.

Ms Diana,

Wind of Storm cares not for people, she would make victims of us all, destroy our homes, shatter our hearts, tear down the fortress of our compassion. She is indiscriminate and brings chaos to the world. It is folly to trust the Storm, her thunder is the laughter that scorns the wisdom of the Cold Wind, her lightning the arrow that wounds the Mountain. Although you may believe in her power, she cannot be controlled, her fury is the rain that plays the drum of death. All suffer under her tempest from which there is no refuge and in time she will betray and destroy you too, which would be a great sadness, Ms Diana - the suffering of one is the suffering of all of humanity.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#27 - 2015-06-27 06:04:38 UTC
Zenariae wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

Ms Diana,

Wind of Storm cares not for people, she would make victims of us all, destroy our homes, shatter our hearts, tear down the fortress of our compassion. She is indiscriminate and brings chaos to the world. It is folly to trust the Storm, her thunder is the laughter that scorns the wisdom of the Cold Wind, her lightning the arrow that wounds the Mountain. Although you may believe in her power, she cannot be controlled, her fury is the rain that plays the drum of death. All suffer under her tempest from which there is no refuge and in time she will betray and destroy you too, which would be a great sadness, Ms Diana - the suffering of one is the suffering of all of humanity.

Are we to judge spirits? Or spirits are to judge us?

Zenariae
#28 - 2015-06-27 12:08:07 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:

Indeed it isn't our place to estimate the spirits of their worth, Ms Diana, but like so many ideas they possess layers and teachings that can reveal themselves to us, even as questions.

Wilful destruction is a betrayal of Maker, a betrayal of life. Life - which is so important to consider worthy of preserving because it clings so nobly, sometimes desperately, to existence in the face of hardship or death. Wind of Storm shows us that no-one is safe from her fury - on a battlefield or in the home - our blood is all the same colour, our grief the same timbre. It is in her nature to betray life and that is one of the lessons of the Storm, to be wise and avoid the easy, seductive tantrum of destruction and conquer instead the anger from within.

I'm saddened for you Ms Diana, I wish I could bring some peace to your heart, whatever it is that you struggle with. If you aimed higher with your ambitions you might find light and graceful action above the Storm clouds. Is that not worth fighting for?
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#29 - 2015-06-28 04:44:17 UTC
Zenariae wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

Indeed it isn't our place to estimate the spirits of their worth, Ms Diana, but like so many ideas they possess layers and teachings that can reveal themselves to us, even as questions.

Wilful destruction is a betrayal of Maker, a betrayal of life. Life - which is so important to consider worthy of preserving because it clings so nobly, sometimes desperately, to existence in the face of hardship or death. Wind of Storm shows us that no-one is safe from her fury - on a battlefield or in the home - our blood is all the same colour, our grief the same timbre. It is in her nature to betray life and that is one of the lessons of the Storm, to be wise and avoid the easy, seductive tantrum of destruction and conquer instead the anger from within.

I'm saddened for you Ms Diana, I wish I could bring some peace to your heart, whatever it is that you struggle with. If you aimed higher with your ambitions you might find light and graceful action above the Storm clouds. Is that not worth fighting for?

Yet destruction is inevitable, sometimes even necessary.

For example, when you need yourself to kill 100 peoples to save 1000, a Caldari will easily kill 100 herself, saving 1000, while a Gallente wouldn't, causing death of 1000. This is why Caldari are superior.

Corraidhin Farsaidh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2015-06-28 11:47:18 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Zenariae wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

Yet destruction is inevitable, sometimes even necessary.

For example, when you need yourself to kill 100 peoples to save 1000, a Caldari will easily kill 100 herself, saving 1000, while a Gallente wouldn't, causing death of 1000. This is why Caldari are superior.

A Gallentean would stand alongside the 1000 and fight for them no matter the odds. Your reduction of human life to mere numbers sickens me in its depiction of the workings of your mind. As a patriot of your state you should always defend all, not play God deciding who lives and who dies.
Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#31 - 2015-06-28 13:21:48 UTC
Corraidhin Farsaidh wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

A Gallentean would stand alongside the 1000 and fight for them no matter the odds. Your reduction of human life to mere numbers sickens me in its depiction of the workings of your mind. As a patriot of your state you should always defend all, not play God deciding who lives and who dies.

Caldari make the hard choices while Gallenteans refuse to accept the choice?

I guess that's sort of a rough model for what each society admires in a hero, but ...

... this feels like a grotesque oversimplification and kind of a wrong question to begin with.
Liam Antolliere
Doomheim
#32 - 2015-06-28 15:09:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Liam Antolliere
The premise is flawed from the outset.

The decision of any particular individual in the scenario prescribed by Commander Kim cannot be predetermined simply by ethnicity or nationality. While a culture may breed within an individual a particular disposition toward one decision or the other, that individual is still responsible for making their own choice; and will, regardless of any cultural conditioning.

Further, the question itself is fundamentally erroneous as is the conclusion. If it were me, for instance, I'd sooner teach the 1000 how to overthrow the 100 than fight the battle for them. They gain nothing if they simply trade the leash of their fates from the 100 to the 1.

True liberation comes when you teach them how to take hold of their own reins, not simply give them to someone else.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#33 - 2015-06-28 17:14:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Diana Kim

Then because of Caldari action 100 peoples will die, and because of Gallente action 1001 people will die. Even worse.
Gallentean illogical amoral ideals sicken me.

Aria Jenneth wrote:
Diana Kim wrote:

Caldari make the hard choices while Gallenteans refuse to accept the choice?

I guess that's sort of a rough model for what each society admires in a hero, but ...

... this feels like a grotesque oversimplification and kind of a wrong question to begin with.

Yes, it is. But this question easily puts everything on its places and shows who is who.

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#34 - 2015-06-28 17:16:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Diana Kim
Liam Antolliere wrote:
The premise is flawed from the outset.

The decision of any particular individual in the scenario prescribed by Commander Kim cannot be predetermined simply by ethnicity or nationality. While a culture may breed within an individual a particular disposition toward one decision or the other, that individual is still responsible for making their own choice; and will, regardless of any cultural conditioning.

Further, the question itself is fundamentally erroneous as is the conclusion. If it were me, for instance, I'd sooner teach the 1000 how to overthrow the 100 than fight the battle for them. They gain nothing if they simply trade the leash of their fates from the 100 to the 1.

True liberation comes when you teach them how to take hold of their own reins, not simply give them to someone else.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Wow...

You weren't given condition of what and how will kill them.
Teach? Overthrown?
There's one most important factor: it is the time. Who knows when they die. This year. Today. Or maybe they have just a couple of seconds left to live, enough to press button, but not enough to even say them "sorry"? Making fast and correct decisions instead of wasting time to study options and choose probably wrong one is the difference between Caldari Commander and Gallente politician (because gallente choose wrong even after studying options).

Jennifer Starfall
Khimi Harar
#35 - 2015-06-28 19:25:46 UTC
Kim-haani,

I started this thread to share a personal revelation that has brought me comfort. It has apparently inspired others to share similar thoughts and experiences, and it serves as an example that not all capsuleers have been consumed by the Void.

Sadly, like the Harpy of legend, you are capable of only fouling wherever you perch with your drink and blood. Please leave and return to the Void that has filled you. You are not welcome here.

Jennifer Starfall

Fifth Seyllin Conference

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#36 - 2015-06-28 19:49:43 UTC
Jennifer Starfall wrote:
Kim-haani,

I started this thread to share a personal revelation that has brought me comfort. It has apparently inspired others to share similar thoughts and experiences, and it serves as an example that not all capsuleers have been consumed by the Void.

Sadly, like the Harpy of legend, you are capable of only fouling wherever you perch with your drink and blood. Please leave and return to the Void that has filled you. You are not welcome here.

I have to say you three things.

First. I'll give you a personal revelation too: people treat you how you treat them.

Second. People were talking to me here, thus obviously it's not for you to decide if I am welcome or not.

And third. You neither belong to Caldari organization, nor have Caldari rank. You have lost privilege to ask me anything. And if you desire to do so, you have to submit a properly filled request form. Since you have violated the request procedure, I have no obligations to consider your request and might do counterwise for educational purposes and to emphasize importance of proper form filling.

And have a nice day.

Alabath Schmidt
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2015-06-28 19:52:15 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
And have a nice day.

Bye bye~
Matar Ronin
#38 - 2015-06-28 19:56:30 UTC
Sigh ...... if only proper grammar was a requirement to post on IGS.

‘Vain flame burns fast/and its lick is light/Modest flame lasts long/and burns to the bone.’

" We lost a war we chose not to fight." Without a doubt this is the best way to lose any war and the worst excuse to explain the beating afterwards.

Alabath Schmidt
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2015-06-28 20:13:00 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Sigh ...... if only proper grammar was a requirement to post on IGS.

Cute remark from someone who, let's see...

Matar Ronin wrote:
Be forewarned all willing to bend at the knees before your "reclaiming ally" or a heavy handed CONCORD, once you have abandoned your basic humanity to the "authority" of administrators, aka bishops, cardinals, admirals, et al this mewling sound of sucking up is all you'll be capable of also, a great human tragedy.

Commits terrible run on sentences.

Matar Ronin wrote:
Listen well Caldari allies of the Slavery cult, thousands of years of punishment for being in a group which, do to the perceived transgression of the slavery cult member's unwillingness to comply with a heavy handed CONCORD is coming your way with the blessings of PIE.

Forgot a few commas here and there. Actually, did you forget what you were trying to say in this sentence in the middle of typing it?

Matar Ronin wrote:
( seems like they all have the title of admiral or bishop doesn't it? lol phony titles and false faith walk hand in hand )

And where did your subject go here?

Stop derailing this thread. Shut up. Go away. You are not relevant, no one cares about you, and your use of language is just as lacking as those you mock.
Liam Antolliere
Doomheim
#40 - 2015-06-28 22:15:40 UTC
Madame Starfall,

You have my sincerest apologies for contributing to the derailment of this discussion. It was disrespectful to you and inconsiderate of the topic. I pray your forgiveness.