These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

(On request) "A section of CCP developers" is baffling.

First post
Author
Jenshae Chiroptera
#21 - 2015-06-25 19:05:06 UTC
Cyber SGB wrote:
Say it with me. Douche nozzle.
I don't really want to call him or you that.
He wrote, "I am writing here before this thread is locked in order for me to be a douche" I know what he intended to say but it is easy to read it my way. Blink

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#22 - 2015-06-25 19:06:20 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Svenja Timofeyeva wrote:
... You are not imbecile or you are not dumping all on CCP Fozzy?
Neither.
I am not in the CCP office so I can't point out the problem more clearly. However, there is a long list of developers and a lot of other teams that work tirelessly in EVE and produce good results most of the time.

That said, would it not then be more likely that you just don't get these changes rather than the changes lacking any inherent logic?
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#23 - 2015-06-25 19:07:22 UTC
So.. let me get this straight.. the missile changes make you question logic... but somehow tweaking the RoF of the Tempest in order to fix the Ishtar... didn't.

Now im baffled.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Jenshae Chiroptera
#24 - 2015-06-25 19:07:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenn aSide wrote:
You know your posting this is counter productive right? It makes you look like a fool, it generates nothing but derision in your direction, it will get locked as abusive towards a dev and it makes those of us with actual concerns about some of the things the DEVs are doing look like loons by association.
I think there is no real hope left.
They come up with a stupid change, decide they must push it forward. Get a lot of rage and then look for the closest compromise to their objective in order to say, "We listened to our players"
Meanwhile, we bleed players because a lot of people are still annoyed.

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Marsha Mallow
#25 - 2015-06-25 19:09:18 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
However, I am not.
This contradicts the title of your post, either change it or stop lying.
Fan boys happy now? Lol

Nope. 'I am an imbecile, proof inside' would be more appropriate.

The other Jen is right btw. Feedback to gameplay change proposals go in the appropriate feedback thread. The one you linked in the OP but then ignored so you could open a new, redundant and abusive topic here.

The only constructive thing I can say, is that maybe he needs a holiday?
To step back and think more objectively.

Carry on like this, and you'll probably be the one on a well-deserved holiday.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#26 - 2015-06-25 19:11:18 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:

The other Jen is right btw.

I think you meant "The real Jen" , because of this important principle.

Big smile
Svenja Timofeyeva
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2015-06-25 19:11:19 UTC
I congratulate you for thread attracting most famous peoples from forum in first two pages!
Jenshae Chiroptera
#28 - 2015-06-25 19:13:57 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Marsha Mallow wrote:

The other Jen is right btw.

I think you meant "The real Jen" , because of this important principle. Big smile
Ah but your name is a farce, a little pun. So, not a genuine Jen at all. P

Not even once

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2015-06-25 19:15:43 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
That said, would it not then be more likely that you just don't get these changes rather than the changes lacking any inherent logic?

This feels entirely accurate given the proposed alternatives in the op. Like the point of having options for application and range would be addressed by a blanket damage buff.
Svenja Timofeyeva
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2015-06-25 19:18:08 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera
#31 - 2015-06-25 19:19:01 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

This feels entirely accurate given the proposed alternatives in the op. Like the point of having options for application and range would be addressed by a blanket damage buff.
Words you are looking for are "tweaks after changes" and the lack of those actually happening.

Not even once

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#32 - 2015-06-25 19:26:19 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:

Words you are looking for are "tweaks after changes" and the lack of those actually happening.

Confessor,svipul,ishtar.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2015-06-25 19:27:17 UTC

Again, I think the issue is missing of the point. If the issue they want to address is fitting, range and applications options this makes perfect sense. On the other hand, you are referring to iterations on base damage, which they could very well see as fine. Just because one aspect of missiles changes doesn't mean changes to the other aspects didn't work as intended, nor does it obligate further tweaking in those areas.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#34 - 2015-06-25 19:32:24 UTC
I really hope you understand how this stuff actually works, but probably not by this post, as i'm on lunch at work, my back hurts, i'm tired of typing in ip address into remote managament interfaces, i'll take the troll bait.

Typically things go this way:

EP and SR eve staff get together and set a general direction for where eve is going.

Based on mgmt style, this cna either be with alot of hand holding and micro managament or

and this is what i think Seagulls style is, you paint a broad brush and allow your dev's to fill in the neuance.

ex: We are going to make new space that has this basic feature... what do we need to get there?

well x.. y and z need to be fixed, we could add a, b, c...

ok fix x y z.. i like a.. b and c not so much. Start on that.

Sr poroducers go back to there teams and give them the basic projects. So like "ok we need to fix sov.. how can we do it?"

then that is passed down to a team of devs who work on it. One person of that team is who post on the forums and is the 'face'

Smaller changes, that have nothing to do witht he braod scheme can be either just added (i.e. a tweek here or there) or picthce dot the larger team as a whole.

Fozzie doenst control ANY of the changes. He's part of the decision process, but ideas come form his team. You have to rememebr the corp mind set, alot of people don;t work stuff through. you see it all the time, a company pitches an idea, it sounds amazing, they waste alot of money on it, only to have it hit focus groups and find out that, noi, the idea they just spend 20m on sucks balls.

Blaming fozzie is counter productive and utterly stupid. Esp as they have the data and you don't. you could say "this sucks" and they will look at there data and go "no this data says you are wrong, sorry"

So OP stop being stupid. If you have a LEGIT issue with something, post in the correct thread EXACTLY why you think its stupid, be percise, constructive, and non whiny. But remember, ccp has more information then you do. So they could easily say 'erm no.. you are wrong' that doens;t make fozzie or greyscale or anyone else who made what players thing were bad choicces wrong, or stupid, or whatever other insult you want. It merely means the information they had was not applicable with put in the real world.

So again, don;t post stupid threqads that make you look stupid. Because maybe next time you have information that could stop a lame change, but when you say it, people will look at you like the guy on the corner screaming the world is ending, and only now it will will.

(to lazy to spell check, back hurts, learn reaperese)

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#35 - 2015-06-25 19:35:47 UTC
Confessor,svipul, ....
"Oooh shiny!", over powered distractions.
Horrible implementation even with bandaid fixes.

Utility > power

Not even once

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#36 - 2015-06-25 19:36:20 UTC
oh and reported for dev abuse

Eve For life.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#37 - 2015-06-25 19:41:23 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
I really hope you understand how this stuff actually works, but ...
General direction -> management style (micro / macro) -> key mechanics -> development teams -> "tweaks" / bug hunting

Fozzie doenst control ANY of the changes.
I know.
I am not in the CCP office to see where in that chain it breaks down. Fozzie / his team are the ones that are constantly serving up the end products that are slop. Not so easy for the piglets to see where the slop came from.

Not even once

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#38 - 2015-06-25 19:44:59 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
I really hope you understand how this stuff actually works, but ...
General direction -> management style (micro / macro) -> key mechanics -> development teams -> "tweaks" / bug hunting

Fozzie doenst control ANY of the changes.
I know.
I am not in the CCP office to see where in that chain it breaks down. Fozzie / his team are the ones that are constantly serving up the end products that are slop. Not so easy for the piglets to see where the slop came from.

thats your opinion. I have not had any real issues with any of the current changes. Fozzie sov i am willing to wait till after phase 3 is done to fully gage success or failure.

And it snot all his team, he just happens to be one of the 'faces' of eve, thus he gets to announce changesm they may not be all his doing. Kinda like CCP Ovure when eve was new pretty much announced everything. and he was not really on any team

Eve For life.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#39 - 2015-06-25 19:46:43 UTC
Quote:

Forum rules

3. Ranting is prohibited.

A rant is a post that is often filled with angry and counterproductive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and is helpful in development of the game and community. Rants are disruptive, and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise and clear manner while avoiding going off on rambling tangents.

4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not conductive to the community spirit that CCP promotes. As such, this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

23. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

31. Abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers is prohibited.

CCP operate a zero tolerance policy on abuse of CCP employees and ISD volunteers. This includes but is not limited to personal attacks, trolling, “outing” of CCP employee or ISD volunteer player identities, and the use of any former player identities when referring to the aforementioned parties.

Our forums are designed to be a place where players and developers can exchange ideas in a polite and friendly manner for the betterment of EVE Online. Players who attack or abuse employees of CCP, or ISD volunteers, will be permanently banned from the EVE Online forums across all their accounts with no recourse, and may also be subject to action against their game accounts.

Take your pick. Closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page12