These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

(On request) "A section of CCP developers" is baffling.

First post
Author
Jenshae Chiroptera
#1 - 2015-06-25 18:32:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
I constantly find myself questioning the game design logic that seems to flow through Fozzie.
Whether this is because he wants to be popular in the office or because he really thinks some things are the best way forward, I do not know.

Source for example

Heavy Missiles could be -7% instead of -10% damage
Heavy Launchers could fire +20% faster than what they do now. (RoF is not reload times)

This would give them a pretty average DPS.

ArrowThe essential point is that we have Fozzie SOV coming and we are constantly reassured, "We can always tweak it afterwards"
ArrowHowever, instead of tweaking the missle changes .... they have to bring out a whole load of new modules that will create even more distorted min-max fits that lack versatility, driving us further into rock-paper-scissors meta games.

The only constructive thing I can say, is that maybe he needs a holiday?
To step back and think more objectively.
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
You know your posting this is counter productive right? It makes you look like a fool, it generates nothing but derision in your direction, it will get locked as abusive towards a dev and it makes those of us with actual concerns about some of the things the DEVs are doing look like loons by association.
I think there is no real hope left.
They come up with a stupid change, decide they must push it forward. Get a lot of rage and then look for the closest compromise to their objective in order to say, "We listened to our players"
Meanwhile, we bleed players because a lot of people are still annoyed.
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Feedback to gameplay change proposals go in the appropriate feedback thread. .
That is just a sink hole. Absorbs people's whining and you can try reason over each problem one by one.
I am starting to believe that there is an over all problem.

Like how Valve has desks on wheels and changed the way they operate.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#2 - 2015-06-25 18:39:20 UTC
IB4L for being a douche.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#3 - 2015-06-25 18:43:50 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
IB4L for being a douche.
"In before the lock for being a douche."
Strange that you would admit that! Twisted

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Svenja Timofeyeva
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2015-06-25 18:45:31 UTC
Svenja likes new radar icons. Reminds Svenja of Sam and Sam makes safe.
Marsha Mallow
#5 - 2015-06-25 18:46:04 UTC
Stop trying to think Jen. Problem solved P

Helpful link

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-06-25 18:46:41 UTC
Considering the new mods would only really go in place of where you might currently fit a TP and lack the shared benefit of those TP's I'm not sure there will be much upset by them at all.

Beside the logic is pretty shaky. It's like saying if turrets just shot faster we wouldn't need TCs/TEs.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#7 - 2015-06-25 18:48:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Stop trying to think Jen. Problem solved P
Not angry. Roll
I really think there is a problem in or around him. I might be tar brushing him because it is a boss of his that says, "Make this happen" or maybe he is just the face for a lot of these changes.

Yet, I think it is clear, that they saying they will stick to the tarred roads but keep driving off cliffs.
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Beside the logic is pretty shaky..
The logic in this example is that they will "tweak" things afterwards but they do not and don't get it right.
If you look at some of the graphs they display, they go, "Oh hey! Look we nerfed cruise missiles and Ravens must be fixed now because less people are flying them! Now all the battleships are in line."
However, all those pilots are shifting over to Tengus and then they need to nerf those to whack the moles.

There is an argument that in MMO design there should always be some imbalance to keep making the players run from one build / fit / gear setup / race / profession to the other so you can recycle your content.
EVE could be properly balanced but it is constantly having more bandaids slapped on with more min-max power leaps.

Not even once

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#8 - 2015-06-25 18:50:38 UTC
This way we have to make fitting choices rather than just getting buffed missiles, it's making them considerably more engaging to fit.

I will soon have interesting choices to make with my missile boats, I can trade tank,dps or utility slots on my hulls for better projection and/or application much like I can with turrets.

Paranoid Loyd
#9 - 2015-06-25 18:51:11 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Only a complete imbecile would try to dump major gameplay changes on a single dev

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Svenja Timofeyeva
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2015-06-25 18:52:42 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Only a complete imbecile would try to dump major gameplay changes on a single dev

In MARVELlous Latvia, Doctor Doom thinks for all of us.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#11 - 2015-06-25 18:52:49 UTC
I genuinely don't see how you could be baffled by these new modules.
Marsha Mallow
#12 - 2015-06-25 18:53:07 UTC
Not angry. Roll

Erm, the link was for everyone else reading your daft posts.

I really think there is a problem in or around him. I might be tar brushing him because it is a boss of his that says, "Make this happen" or maybe he is just the face for a lot of these changes.

Yet, I think it is clear, that they saying they will stick to the tarred roads but keep driving off cliffs.

That's nice dear. Let it all out.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Jenshae Chiroptera
#13 - 2015-06-25 18:57:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenshae Chiroptera
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Erm, the link was for everyone else reading your daft posts.
I do not click strange domains.
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Marsha Mallow wrote:
However, I am not.
I have made many qualifying statements for my opinion and expressed from the offset how I can be wrong. I am describing a perception. This cloud that seems to surround what he / his team puts out.

Not even once

Svenja Timofeyeva
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2015-06-25 18:59:19 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Marsha Mallow wrote:
However, I am not.
I have made many qualifying statements for my opinion and expressed from the offset how I can be wrong. I am describing a perception. This cloud that seems to surround what he / his team puts out.

You are not imbecile or you are not dumping all on CCP Fozzy?
Paranoid Loyd
#15 - 2015-06-25 19:00:36 UTC
However, I am not.
This contradicts the title of your post, either change it or stop lying.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Jenshae Chiroptera
#16 - 2015-06-25 19:01:00 UTC
Svenja Timofeyeva wrote:
... You are not imbecile or you are not dumping all on CCP Fozzy?
Neither.
I am not in the CCP office so I can't point out the problem more clearly. However, there is a long list of developers and a lot of other teams that work tirelessly in EVE and produce good results most of the time.

Not even once

Commander Spurty
#17 - 2015-06-25 19:01:06 UTC
Thanks for sharing your inability to see beyond your "fav ship hull".

Wonderful job done all round.

Smacked an enrichment module, insulted a very brave and counciled game designer and still thinks they know betterer than the "guys holding all the data".

Spazzing spectacular

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Cyber SGB
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#18 - 2015-06-25 19:01:18 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
IB4L for being a douche.
"In before the lock for being a douche."
Strange that you would admit that! Twisted

Douche nozzle is better.

Say it with me. Douche nozzle.

I write Kindle books. Visit my author page. http://amazon.com/author/sgbynum

Jenshae Chiroptera
#19 - 2015-06-25 19:03:04 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
However, I am not.
This contradicts the title of your post, either change it or stop lying.
Fan boys happy now? Lol

Not even once

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#20 - 2015-06-25 19:04:04 UTC
I constantly find myself questioning the game design logic that seems to flow through Fozzie.
Whether this is because he wants to be popular in the office or because he really thinks some things are the best way forward, I do not know.

Source for example

Heavy Missiles could be -7% instead of -10% damage
Heavy Launchers could fire +20% faster than what they do now. (RoF is not reload times)

This would give them a pretty average DPS.

ArrowThe essential point is that we have Fozzie SOV coming and we are constantly reassured, "We can always tweak it afterwards"
ArrowHowever, instead of tweaking the missle changes .... they have to bring out a whole load of new modules that will create even more distorted min-max fits that lack versatility, driving us further into rock-paper-scissors meta games.

The only constructive thing I can say, is that maybe he needs a holiday?
To step back and think more objectively.

You know your posting this is counter productive right? It makes you look like a fool, it generates nothing but derision in your direction, it will get locked as abusive towards a dev and it makes those of us with actual concerns about some of the things the DEVs are doing look like loons by association.

Next time take a minute and think before pressing the post button.
12Next page