These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Ok, I'm broke now.

Author
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#21 - 2015-06-25 00:33:34 UTC
That sucks! I haven't made this mistake yet, but I'm sure I will

@lunettelulu7

Deuce McGuilicuddy
Jebediah's Minimally Invasive Salvage and Recovery
#22 - 2015-06-25 05:09:16 UTC
I've fat fingered billions away, my advice is don't ever play the market if your shithammered drunk. I learned that the hard way multiple times. Gonna shoot you a bit of isk to help ease the pain. Mail me the kill mail when you blast that guy. You get eve.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#23 - 2015-06-25 07:01:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
"Why is nobody buying my stuff?"

"Why is the broker fee so large?"

"Where's X when I sold Y."

"I don't remember selling anything for that (low) amount."

Been there. Done that. Will do it again.

P.S. Here's another fun one: place a region-wide buy order in hisec for a large amount of Tritanium.
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#24 - 2015-06-25 07:46:35 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:

P.S. Here's another fun one: place a region-wide buy order in hisec for a large amount of Tritanium.

That one is my favourite. Smile

Given enough time - decades, one could end up with sensible amounts to haul out of almost each location.
Deuce McGuilicuddy
Jebediah's Minimally Invasive Salvage and Recovery
#25 - 2015-06-25 16:40:18 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:

I made that mistake once. It was like the shittiest easter egg hunt ever.
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2015-06-25 18:16:05 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:

Veld over a 3-jump range was bad enough.
"There are how many stations in that system?!?!?!?!"
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#27 - 2015-06-25 18:34:36 UTC
A significant pricing error on a standard sell order can be even more frustrating - you sit there watching your inventory disappear while the 5 minute timer counts down before you can correct the price.

I agree it would be nice if we could increase the font size in the market window as we can in the chat window - it's too small and the font chosen makes it very difficult to distinguish between 6, 8 and 9.
Trajan Unknown
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2015-06-25 23:24:46 UTC
Aralyn Cormallen wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

This is actually how you prevent it happening again.

You **** it up big once and remember it for the rest of your eve career.

This is how I learnt to remember to always update my clone (although no need of that any more), and to watch which Implant set I'm currently in, all in one lovely lossmail Oops

That is my biggest knee shot ever I guess. Remote med cloned, cost me ~2bil first time and nearly 4bil second time. Lesson learned for sure. :D
Still lost another 7bil or so spread over two chars in pods were I thought they were empty but I slowly got it. :D
Jordon Wallace
Doomheim
#29 - 2015-06-26 10:55:48 UTC
You could check your wallet, transaction history and get in touch with the person you sold it to, you never know you may not get all your money back or even any of it but people can surprise you.
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#30 - 2015-06-26 11:05:43 UTC
Transactions tab of the Wallet is my favourite tab on the Citadel. Bear
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#31 - 2015-06-27 21:52:54 UTC
Gekka Blue wrote:
As soon as I get a big ass ship I'ma blow up whoever I undersold to out of spite.

Because it is their fault? Smile Well, ok, whatever, if it's fun for you, cool. You'll be on the other end of the same kind of mistake sometime, it'll even out. I wouldn't worry much about it, were I you, but if you are determined to have an eventual "you killed my father prepare to die" moment, then I wish you luck.

Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#32 - 2015-06-29 11:32:33 UTC
This happens more often than one would think.
Not a common occurence but far from being rare. I myself bought a 30+ stack of stuff for 7,3 ISK each instead of 730.000 something ISK just two days ago.

Chances are that you will be on the receiving end of such an error sooner rather than later as well so it should equal itself out.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#33 - 2015-06-29 17:22:48 UTC
I lost a billion ISK that way myself just a month ago. Thing is, I saw the popup, for just a fraction of a second. But my return key bounced, and I never had a chance to cancel the trade. The warning was whisked away by the key bounce.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#34 - 2015-06-29 17:30:05 UTC
Elena Thiesant wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:

Veld over a 3-jump range was bad enough.
"There are how many stations in that system?!?!?!?!"

My CEO use to do that. He would log in multiple pilots and have "Freighter Sunday".

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Previous page12