These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Ultimate Mini-ITX Build Project (Dark Nova)

Author
NightmareX
Pandemic Horde High Sec Division
#41 - 2015-04-30 18:01:33 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Alright. I have now been looking around for both bluetooth headphones and a microphone.

The 2 bluetooth headphones i'm looking at is this. And then this.

And the microphone i'm looking at now is this one.

If you have any other recommendations, then let me know.

EDIT: Or i might just buy a webcamera with a built-in microphone instead as i will buy a webcamera later anyways. I believe i can use the microphone on the webcamera even when i'm not using the camera. This is the webcamera i'm talking about.

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

NightmareX
#42 - 2015-06-24 10:46:45 UTC
Here is a little update.

It seems kinda weird, but i'm actually gonna replace my 'Logitech Anywhere MX Wireless Mouse' with the new 'Logitech Anywhere MX 2 Wireless Mouse' that just came out.

At the same time as i'm gonna buy that, i'm also gonna buy the new mousemat that i have linked to in my first post.

Other than that, my computer still works like a dream Big smile.

Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#43 - 2015-06-24 16:10:39 UTC
You might want to consider another case. I'm not sure how big your case is, but I have a mini-ITX case large enough to fit a 970 FTW. I assume the reason you're going for a mini 970 is because of space limitations.
NightmareX
#44 - 2015-06-24 18:27:17 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Riot Girl wrote:
You might want to consider another case. I'm not sure how big your case is, but I have a mini-ITX case large enough to fit a 970 FTW. I assume the reason you're going for a mini 970 is because of space limitations.

The case i have now is actually very good. It's very small and the design on it is spot on for me. The computer case is only 331 (H) x 208 (W) x 233 (D) mm in size. And i don't have space limitations at home, so the reason i like this case is because i like smaller types of computers and because i can take it with me in the hand luggage on planes when i'm traveling somewhere.

Yeah, i don't have a problem to use a mini version of a GPU as long as it's as good at the normal ones and as long as it's available for Mini-ITX builds. And the GPU's nowdays are just getting smaller and smaller. Just look at the new AMD Radeon R9 Fury X card on how small that is and still have up to GTX 980 Ti (which i can't fit into my case) performance in some games.

The AMD Radeon R9 Fury X card is only 19.5 cm long, but with the heatpipe cables from the GPU to the radiator, the whole GPU will take up around 22 cm in lenght. And i can actually fit GPU's up to 22 cm long into my case.

If i want a Mini-ITX case that can fit bigger graphic cards, then i will most likely go for this one: http://www.deepcool.com/product/gamerstorm/2015-04/6_1797.shtml

Valkin Mordirc
#45 - 2015-06-24 18:34:29 UTC
If your looking for a new mouse I use the Razor Naga

It may take time getting used to. But its a damn good mouse.

#DeleteTheWeak
NightmareX
#46 - 2015-06-24 18:41:43 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
If your looking for a new mouse I use the Razor Naga

It may take time getting used to. But its a damn good mouse.

I know it's a very good mouse. I had (and still have it, but aren't using it now) the Razer Mamba hybrid mouse (both wireless and wired) before the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse i have now.

But for me now, i'm rather going small on my computer stuffs. I want a small computer that doesn't waste so much space on air inside the computer case, small wireless mouse and small wireless keyboard like i have now. And i want other things to be wireless to, so that's why i'm looking for a very good wireless Bluetooth headphone for listening to musics and stuffs to.

I like it the small and wireless way because of the ease of traveling with my stuffs. And because the lesser cables there is, the better it is.

NightmareX
#47 - 2015-07-13 15:37:08 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
New update.

1 week ago i decided to buy the thing that i was going to buy at a later time anyways. It's a new speaker system for my computer. I didn't mention anything about this in my first post, but that's because i didn't expect to buy a new speaker system this fast Big smile.

The speaker system i was using earlier (i still have it, but i'm gonna sell it) is this: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/home-cinema-systems/samsung-ht-e6500-1075337/review

It's pretty good. But i'm not in a need of a 5.1 system today as i was before. So i decided to go for a 2 studio speaker system instead and then later make it to a 2.1 speaker system by adding subwoofer to my system later.

The new speakers i have now is this: Audio Pro Addon 12. I bought the black version as it has to be in style with the rest of my computer and stuffs :-). Well my 32-inch LED-TV that i use as a computer screen now is white that doesn't goes in style with the rest of my computer. But the thing is that i'm gonna change out that screen to a new screen soon aswell. So the new computer screen will be black then.

The subwoofer i'm soon gonna get is this one: Audio Pro Addon Sub. You have one bigger version over that one to, but i feel that i don't need the biggest one as i believe the one i'm gonna get with an 8-inch subwoofer will be good enough.

But, so far, i'm REALLY impressed with the new computer speakers. They are really loud and they have a great sound quality.

But the reason i bought them now is because i could get them for 50% off the normal price. So i couldn't let that go away from me when those speakers was the speakers i was going to get anyways.

And lastly, here are 2 pictures of my speakers that i have taken my self.

1. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7309753/Bilder/Audio%20Pro%20Addon%20T12/20150710_145952.jpg

2. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7309753/Bilder/Audio%20Pro%20Addon%20T12/20150710_150814.jpg

Yes, the reason for the price cut is because Audio Pro is releasing a new version of the speakers i have now pretty soon. They are called Audio Pro Addon T14.

Anyways, the next new things i'm gonna buy is the 'Logitech Anywhere MX 2 Wireless Mouse' mouse, new mousemat and a new CPU Liquid Cooler from Corsair.

NightmareX
#48 - 2015-07-19 04:19:40 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
I decided to abandon the earlier post about my new computer on my 'Volcano Paradise' blog and create a new blog post about it on my new WordPress blog page. Here is the new link: https://tomhelgea.wordpress.com/2015/07/18/dark-nova/

The new link is also posted in my first post.

However, i managed to grab the 'volcanoparadise.wordpress.com' name. So i can still bring the 'Volcano Paradise' name back to my WordPress blog page later if i want.

NightmareX
#49 - 2015-08-18 13:29:23 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
As a big 'ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG)' brand fan, i have a question.

I see that Lian-Li have released an 'ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG)' branded Micro-ITX case now. The question is, should i keep my current case (if you think it's better), or should i buy the new Lian-Li PC-Q17 computer case?

Here is the information about the new Lian-Li case: http://www.techpowerup.com/215313/lian-li-outs-asus-rog-certified-pc-q17-mini-itx-case.html

It's tiny bit bigger than the case i have now, so it should still be within the sizes i want the Micro-ITX cases to be.

NightmareX
#50 - 2015-11-12 20:32:26 UTC
I just bought those 2 things.

Mouse: Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Wireless Mobile Mouse.

Mousepad: Corsair Gaming MM200 Small Cloth Gaming Mouse Mat.

The next thing i'm gonna buy is this one: SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 256 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD.

NightmareX
#51 - 2016-01-09 21:23:10 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Ok, time for an update. No, i haven't bought anything new since the last post over.

Well, in the beginning of December 2015, i started to see that my computer started to act weird just suddenly. So i though that i would just restart it to fix that. Well, that ended badly. My computer, or something just died completely in that process which most likely was either the processor or something on the motherboard. Because it just went completely dark and i couldn't even get to the UEFI BIOS. On top of that, there was a red LED light on the motherboard that was called 'CPU_LED'. It was glowing red. That alone means it's something with the CPU. And there is even a little Q-Code display on the backside of the motherboard that shows different codes to show that things is working and so on.

However, the Q-Code display did show '00' which means that the motherboard doesn't get any info from the CPU. So i started to troubleshoot and remove things to see if it was something that was causing that to happen. But when i came to just the PSU and the CPU cooler that was plugged into the motherboard with the CPU in ofc, then i still didn't get any picture. So i knew it was something with the CPU or something with the motherboard.

Then i did send in both the motherboard and the CPU to those i bought them from. 2 weeks later i did call their customer service to get an update. Then the lady in the phone told me that the motherboard was not covered by the warranty because of a bent CPU-pin again (like last time). So they just sent me the motherboard back from there (i got it back 21st of December 2015). But the CPU i did send in was trashed, so i would get a new one. So speeding up to 8th of January (yesterday), i finally got my Intel Core i5-4690k CPU back. So now it was time to build up my computer from scratch again.

Now, since there was one bent CPU-pin, i had no other choices to bend it back to the original position. I did that perfectly.

Here is the bent CPU-pin on the left bottom side on the socket: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7309753/Bilder/Dark%20Nova/Annet/2015-12-30%2018.31.33.jpg

Here it is after i did bend it back: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7309753/Bilder/Dark%20Nova/Annet/2015-12-30%2018.41.10.jpg

And here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7309753/Bilder/Dark%20Nova/Annet/2015-12-30%2018.41.29.jpg

So that went smoothly and it was even easy to fix.

But, i still didn't know if that would fix all issues anyways. So i did put together my computer and did turn it back on. Bam, the 'ASUS - Republic of Gamers' logo appear. That alone was a good sign. And bam, i now entered the UEFI BIOS. And that made me smile.

Now, when i did reboot the machine again, another red LED light did appear on the same area as the 'CPU_LED' light is, so was was like 'crap' for a minute. Luckily, the LED light wasn't in the exact same spot as the 'CPU_LED' light, so i had to check the manual to see what the LED light on the right side of it was. It was LED light for 'BOOT_DEVICE'. That means the motherboard can't find the SSD in the UEFI BIOS to boot from.

By that, i was like 'phew'. Because now i did know it was something with my SSD. So i took all cables from the SSD and did clean them from dust and so on and did put the cables back. Voila, the SSD was found in the UEFI BIOS.

So now i was kinda thrilled to see if my Windows 7 would boot like it was before i got the problem with my computer in early december 2015. But yeah, it booted into Windows 7. But things was kinda messy as Windows 7 kinda was freezing and lagging badly and so on. So i was thinking maybe it's trying to update a billion things since it haven't been powered on for almost one and a half month. So i had to do some hard reboots some few times.

But after a while, things started to get more smooth and work faster, so i did knew that it was just like that because it was trying to update so many things in the background. So like 1 hour after that, my machine was working buttery smooth and everything was working really fast.

So today, i have been running the computer perfectly for over a day now. So let's hope i don't get more issues with it in the future now.

P.S. Beeing without my computer for over a month is a pain in the ass. Believe me on that X.

NightmareX
#52 - 2016-03-02 04:22:51 UTC
Update.

My computer is still working perfectly / like a boss. So no issues here. I have even gone back to overclocking it, so now the CPU is at 4.6 GHz, RAM at 2 GHz and the GPU is overclocked like 10-12%.

And i also made one big change. I finally decided to give Windows 7 Home Premium the boot and did install Windows 10 Home. Haven't regretted it for a second yet. Windows 10 Home is really good and will be recommended by me.

Previous page123