These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP RISE Tweet on new missile icons. Seriously? Guys check this out!

Author
GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#21 - 2015-06-24 13:47:55 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
They should be hexagons. Everybody loves hexagons.

That would be too OP. Pentagons are under-used in EVE. Smile
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#22 - 2015-06-24 13:56:14 UTC
Valkin Nikolaidis wrote:
For clarity -

These are NOT new icons for missile launchers.

They are icons for the new missile modules.

Look at these: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Item_Database:Ship_Equipment:Turrets_&_Bays:Weapon_Upgrades

Now look at the bottoms of thoss icons again, tell us what you see: https://twitter.com/CCP_Rise/status/613343491859587072/photo/1

The pic on Twitter is of the 2 new missiles enhancer mods (mid and low slot) and the two to the left of the damage control are ballistic control systems. It's confusing because right now Missie damage mods share the 'crosshairs' symbol of turret tracking mods, CCP appears to be fixing that.
McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#23 - 2015-06-24 13:57:06 UTC  |  Edited by: McChicken Combo HalfMayo
These new icons must be made by the same guy who handled the Damage Control redesign. You can tell because they're both equally terrible.

There are all our dominion

Gate camps: "Its like the lowsec watercooler, just with explosions and boose" - Ralph King-Griffin

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#24 - 2015-06-24 13:59:47 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

?

The OP linked the source. Click on it, then click the blue bit at the top, takes you to twitter. It's not my fault you don't internet.

"All you have to do is click the link, click the other link, and scroll through the replies to find it"

OP didn't link your source. To which you didn't even refer to when you mentioned it.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#25 - 2015-06-24 14:05:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Rowells wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

?

The OP linked the source. Click on it, then click the blue bit at the top, takes you to twitter. It's not my fault you don't internet.

"All you have to do is click the link, click the other link, and scroll through the replies to find it"

OP didn't link your source. To which you didn't even refer to when you mentioned it.

It's that hard for you to say you made a mistake? Wow dude.
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#26 - 2015-06-24 14:06:52 UTC
McChicken Combo HalfMayo wrote:
These new icons must be made by the same guy who handled the Damage Control redesign. You can tell because they're both equally terrible.

I'm gonna tinfoil for a moment and say it's an intentional troll by the same team/guy for criticising their work on the new DC. The resemblance to the old suitcase is just too near.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#27 - 2015-06-24 14:16:46 UTC
Draw some legs and eyes and you have Spongebob Squarepants. Lol

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2015-06-24 14:18:08 UTC
The hell is that even supposed to be??

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#29 - 2015-06-24 14:18:59 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Rowells wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

?

did I? Maybe I'm stubborn, but i quite remember someone telling me that I can't read because they didn't have the sense to link their context the first time.
stoicfaux
#30 - 2015-06-24 14:23:54 UTC
Bigger view of some of the icons. The squares actually look like radar dishes, but you lose the details with the smaller icons (and because of the mini-circle overlays.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_CLlTV8bSxNSjJJaUxuSkJDMlE/view

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#31 - 2015-06-24 14:32:21 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Rowells wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

?

did I? Maybe I'm stubborn, but i quite remember someone telling me that I can't read because they didn't have the sense to link their context the first time.

That's not stubborn, it's dumb.

While harping on my lack of posting a link that already existed, did it ever occur to you to maybe not post incorrect information in the 1st place? Maybe learn to wait till you know what you are talking about before posting?

But hey, if it makes you feel better to not confront your mistake but rather blame me, it's ok kid, you'll grow out of that one day...maybe.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#32 - 2015-06-24 14:46:11 UTC
is the op just a link to a reddit thread linking to a twitter post

the icons look like radar dishes
Stitch Kaneland
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#33 - 2015-06-24 14:47:21 UTC
Sigh.. all this raging over icons. Another successful CAM thread.

DCU changed. No F***s given.
BCU/MTE/MTC have new different icons. Still, no F***s given.

If theyre passive modules, i dont see them anyway, theyre hidden. If theyre active mods, i dont care what they look like, as long as they do what they say they do.

The new MTE/MTU could look like an erect thorax for all i care. Spend more time playing the game than staring at icons.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#34 - 2015-06-24 14:49:20 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Rowells wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Rowells wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

?

That's not stubborn, it's dumb.

While harping on my lack of posting a link that already existed, did it ever occur to you to maybe not post incorrect information in the 1st place? Maybe learn to wait till you know what you are talking about before posting?

But hey, if it makes you feel better to not confront your mistake but rather blame me, it's ok kid, you'll grow out of that one day...maybe.

link that already existed where? Within the original link and further down the page on that too? You only linked it after you realized nobody knew what you were talking about. And now you are acting like it was the original link from the get go.

but hey, my kettle is black, isn't it?
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#35 - 2015-06-24 14:58:05 UTC
Rowells wrote:

link that already existed where? Within the original link and further down the page on that too? You only linked it after you realized nobody knew what you were talking about. And now you are acting like it was the original link from the get go.

but hey, my kettle is black, isn't it?

This is what you ignorantly posted.

Rowells wrote:

You do realize those are new icons for modules that currently do not exist, right?

Had you actually clicked on things and read before posting, you would not have posted that. I am and was correct, you were and are incorrect, not the end of the world as we all get things wrong from time to time, but rather than being butt hurt you should be using this to learn how to be better. Take a second and think/examine before posting next time. Have a good day man.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#36 - 2015-06-24 15:11:20 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Had you actually clicked on things and read before posting, you would not have posted that. I am and was correct, you were and are incorrect, not the end of the world as we all get things wrong from time to time, but rather than being butt hurt you should be using this to learn how to be better. Take a second and think/examine before posting next time. Have a good day man.

oh, I see. You think I'm whining on the fact that you vaguely stated something and got snippity when people thought you were referring to something you weren't, because you didn't bother to mention you were on a different subject than them.

So, in summary, you are upset because someone called you out on being vague and unclear, and you are trying to maintain some sort of aggressive posture by throwing out a source further beyond what was linked (and sub-linked) after you made the claim. Not to mention the vagueness of the original claim. All so you could come back around and say,"lol read you dumbs", instead of just linking the further source you used and clarifying your original statement. But, loike you said, this is the internet. I should have expected that kind of snippy attitude. My bad on that part.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#37 - 2015-06-24 15:48:27 UTC
Right now NATO is antagonizing Russia, a nuclear super power.

But these icons... everybody freak out!

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#38 - 2015-06-24 15:59:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Otso Bakarti
Jenn aSide wrote:
Now, the "any change is a good change" types are probably going to float all up in here and proclaim that if you don't like them, you are just against change
Preemptive prejudice. Is there any other kind? Cool
NATO is antagonizing whom? RUSSIA? OMFG. Vlad the Impaler wants YOU!

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#39 - 2015-06-24 16:26:21 UTC
Oh Rise, you little joker!

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

0bama Barack Hussein
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#40 - 2015-06-24 17:16:12 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Right now NATO is antagonizing Russia, a nuclear super power.

But these icons... everybody freak out!

More like Russia is antagonizing (EU and so most in it) Finland, another nuclear power (not "super" though)...