These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Goons are constantly spamming amarr local. Can we get some GMs to deal

First post
Author
13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2015-06-22 02:37:07 UTC
I reported them, but they simply switch to alts to do it, and they keep clogging local chat. Spamming is against the rules. We need a GM to stay in channel and mut people making massive walls of colored blocks.

Don't kid yourselves. Even the dirtiest pirates from the birth of EVE have been carebears. They use alts to bring them goods at cheap prices and safely, rather than live with consequences of their in game actions on their main, from concord to prices

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#2 - 2015-06-22 02:51:28 UTC
tell that to jita. and/or ignore local

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

WarFireV
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-06-22 02:55:29 UTC
13kr1d1 wrote:
I reported them, but they simply switch to alts to do it, and they keep clogging local chat. Spamming is against the rules. We need a GM to stay in channel and mut people making massive walls of colored blocks.

CCP put in a change awhile back where you can set ignore to an alliance or corp. I would suggest using that if you are bothered by people.
Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#4 - 2015-06-22 02:58:51 UTC
We improved the quality of Amarr local chat by like a billion percent. I don't know what cheeseball jackholery you thought existed before we got there but it made Jita look articulate and urbane.

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-06-22 03:32:44 UTC
13kr1d1 wrote:

Your salty tears are feeding them. Exactly what they want from you and you react accordingly.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

V1P3RR
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2015-06-22 04:13:54 UTC
Dirk Magnum wrote:
We improved the quality of Amarr local chat by like a billion percent. I don't know what cheeseball jackholery you thought existed before we got there but it made Jita look articulate and urbane.

Kali'ara
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2015-06-22 04:39:44 UTC
Grr gons, hat gons?

d0cTeR9
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-06-22 05:01:08 UTC
I laughed OP, thanks!

Since i partaked in the ganking of the freighters (they keep coming... even during burn-amarr... even on auto-pilot!), it was quite a fun event.

I find the scammers spamming more annoying than any (grrr) goon 'spamming' in local (which is usually out of good fun, sometimes linking KM's and what not).

Been around since the beginning.

Pryce Caesar
Cloak and Daggers
Initiative Mercenaries
#9 - 2015-06-22 05:13:04 UTC
Then it's a good thing I decided to stay docked for the time being, since I had the ill-timing of going to Amarr space for mission running when I heard about it (was already on my way when I did, so I just kept going until I reached my destination).
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#10 - 2015-06-22 07:23:56 UTC
Dirk Magnum wrote:

Et tu, Brute?
Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-06-22 07:59:54 UTC
Lol

Grrr.

Barrogh Habalu
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2015-06-22 08:10:41 UTC
d0cTeR9 wrote:
they keep coming... even during burn-amarr... even on auto-pilot!

Why do people do this. Heck, being backwater dweller I am, I still know when stuff like that happens.
13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2015-06-22 08:19:54 UTC
Spamming channels is 100% against the Terms of Service. It's not a question of tears, its a question of rules.

Don't kid yourselves. Even the dirtiest pirates from the birth of EVE have been carebears. They use alts to bring them goods at cheap prices and safely, rather than live with consequences of their in game actions on their main, from concord to prices

Jackie Fisher
Syrkos Technologies
Joint Venture Conglomerate
#14 - 2015-06-22 09:25:03 UTC
Yeah, I hate it when ganker spam interferes with legitimate isk doubler spam.

Fear God and Thread Nought

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2015-06-22 09:27:33 UTC
13kr1d1 wrote:
Spamming channels is 100% against the Terms of Service. It's not a question of tears, its a question of rules.

your toon is almost 5yo. are you still new to eve? locals at hubs got spammed by scammers all day long, did you report those as well and make a post on forums? what is that so specific with goons? grrr goons? take it or leave it.
and yes, stop crying Cry

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Discomanco
We pooped on your lawn
#16 - 2015-06-22 10:00:36 UTC
13kr1d1 wrote:

Can you point me to which paragraph, because I see NO place in the TOS that spamming is prohibited. It mentions harrashing or socialdising, but not spamming, and neither does the EULA.
Certain official chat channels has their own rules that you can be banned for, like the official Help channels.

Seriously, stop crying and HTFU.
13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2015-06-22 10:03:10 UTC
Sorry, I don't have 'toons'. I have 'characters'.

And no, I haven't played for 5 years. I typically take a year or more off if CCP does something really disagreeable.

And no, the spam that was in local is not like scammer spam. It has no objective game value, it only serves to blanket chat channels with meaningless blocks of white or repeated letters over and over. Its not the same as people who are trying to sell a service, whether legitimate or a scam service.

13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2015-06-22 10:09:44 UTC  |  Edited by: 13kr1d1
Discomanco wrote:
13kr1d1 wrote:

Can you point me to which paragraph, because I see NO place in the TOS that spamming is prohibited. It mentions harrashing or socialdising, but not spamming, and neither does the EULA.
Certain official chat channels has their own rules that you can be banned for, like the official Help channels.

http://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-banning-policy/

Quote:
Severe offenses may result in an immediate ban without warning; however, warnings may be given for first time offenses, followed by account suspensions of varying degree and ultimately a permanent ban if a player:

a. Fails to follow the instructions of authorized EVE personnel.
b. Advertises, employs, markets or promotes any form of solicitation – including pyramid schemes and chain letters.
c. Arranges for the exchange or transfer of any illegal pirated software or other contraband while using the EVE Online client, servers or web site.
d. Creates or distributes information about or solicits the existence of any server emulator or other site where EVE Online may be played without the authority of CCP.
e. Publishes private communications from CCP their agents or representatives, including members of the EVE volunteer program, within the game world, official web site, or other venues without authorization.
f. Transmits or uploads any copyrighted material for which the individual does not own all rights or have permission from the author or copyright holder or arranges to receive such material.
g. Engages in griefplay tactics which may include, but are not limited to, market/courier exploits.
h. Creates a character or corporation with a name that violates our EVE Online Naming Policy.
i. Disregards the instructions or requests of a game master.
j. Advertises or promotes an online auction or auction site (such as eBay) on our forum or official communication channels, both in or out of game, or any other venue.
k. Advertises or promotes a site that features content that is defamatory, ethnically or racially offensive, obscene, offensive, depicts graphic violence, is excessively gruesome, sexually explicit or vulgar, or promotes anti-gay sentiments or hate groups.
l. Spams official communication channels, both in or out of game.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=213709

GM Homonoia wrote:
Running macros to post messages to local is not allowed. In fact, running a macro to automate any form of game play is also not allowed. On top of that, spamming a channel is not allowed either, even if you do it by hand. We recommend sending as petition to the "harassment" category whenever you see someone actually spamming.

Lisa Gentilette
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2015-06-22 10:14:03 UTC
Discomanco wrote:
13kr1d1 wrote:

Although I think the OP is whining and probably a scammer self who now gets bumped off the channel, there is a paragraph about this:

Quote:
You may not do anything that interferes with the ability of other EVE Online subscribers to enjoy the game or web site in accordance with its rules. This includes, but is not limited to, making inappropriate use of any public channels within the game

Of course it's at GM discretion to decide whiter or not interference is the case here.
13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2015-06-22 10:25:02 UTC
Read above. A GM explicitly said spam was against channel rules.spamming masses of no-text is different than repeating a sales pitch.

123Next page