These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rat aggro and warp scramblers.

Author
Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#141 - 2015-06-19 19:01:10 UTC
Joe Risalo wrote:

You're saying the profession is dead... It is not dead, it is just adapted to different tactics, hence the KM I linked.

adapted to what?? Just because you found some random killmails? No.
Roaming still happen and people still die, yes, but for solo hunters the profession is dead because it requires heavy gear, you simply cant field in depths of hostile space, nor would it allow you to be fast enough. Linking random killmails doesnt help.

Joe Risalo wrote:

Myself and many other have provided evidence and strategy advice that is an adaptation of the profession.
You said yourself that the kills are possible outside of the sites, yet you refuse to attempt this tactic as it's too risky for you.

noone provided any evidence. yes outside of sites its possible, always was but its an entirely different thing.
The slim chance of catching a dude randomly on gate off guard has always been there, but again, a completely different story!

Joe Risalo wrote:

You need the NPCs to help you, so you demand that the NPCs help you.
You even stated in one comment that the NPCs could warp out for all you care, yet you continue to say that the NPCs are the problem... If you can handle the kill without the NPCs, then why is this thread all about the NPCs?

because its a NPC related issue, this is why we have this thread and we complain about NPC, obvious, no?

Joe Risalo wrote:

Wait until they're dead, put a bubble between their POS and their location. Do something besides sitting here complaining.

lol, wait until they die. its not how it worked. PvEer wont happily keep ratting with you in local, never have, apparently you have no idea about the matter. This thread is about how broken the NPC is in sites, not about any other sort of strategy.
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#142 - 2015-06-20 08:20:24 UTC
This thread is about how broken your gankbear tactics were, nothing else.

Activity: hunt ratting players on their home ground.

That should not be trivial. You want it to be trivial so you can polish your epeen with ships exponentially more expensive than anything you would risk yourself.

You lost this fight years ago. Suck it up, Buttercup.
Robert Caldera
#143 - 2015-06-20 08:33:09 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:

That should not be trivial. You want it to be trivial so you can polish your epeen with ships exponentially more expensive than anything you would risk yourself.

This thread is about broken rat aggro.
it should be viable and realistically doable, which I cant see now with the broken AI, profession is dead atm.
AI changes should be reverted back to 2013 level.
HiddenPorpoise
Jarlhettur's Drop
United Federation of Conifers
#144 - 2015-06-20 11:21:22 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
it should be viable and realistically doable, which I cant see now with the broken AI, profession is dead atm.

If it were dead people wouldn't attack me in my sites so often, nor I in theirs.
Yes, let's make rats remarkably stupid again so that it's way easier to kill people and for no other reason. We can all return to napping in rattlesnakes and domis too.
Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#145 - 2015-06-20 11:33:02 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
Mike Voidstar wrote:

The profession isn't dead, just doing it in throw away cans.

Seriously, people get hunted all the time. Shiny ships go boom to ships that cost half or a third as much constantly. It may not be worth it to you, but you appear to be almost completely risk adverse yourself. At least the fatter undocked in a ship worth ISK to do his thing. You want to cry because you can't kill him in a t1 frig.
Samuel Wess
Doomheim
#146 - 2015-06-20 12:44:18 UTC
It's a fix to protect ratters. AI was stealth modified that NPC do not shoot drones in some anomalies
so the semi-afk ratting is also possible. This is an unfair advantage provided to a certain category of players.

Walk into the club like "What up? I got a big cockpit!"

Robert Caldera
#147 - 2015-06-21 19:33:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
HiddenPorpoise wrote:
Robert Caldera wrote:

If it were dead people wouldn't attack me in my sites so often, nor I in theirs.
Yes, let's make rats remarkably stupid again so that it's way easier to kill people and for no other reason. We can all return to napping in rattlesnakes and domis too.

rats which protect the ratter are still utterly stupid, but game breaking on top.
Robert Caldera
#148 - 2015-06-21 19:35:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
Mike Voidstar wrote:
The profession isn't dead, just doing it in throw away cans.

Seriously, people get hunted all the time. Shiny ships go boom to ships that cost half or a third as much constantly. It may not be worth it to you, but you appear to be almost completely risk adverse yourself. At least the fatter undocked in a ship worth ISK to do his thing. You want to cry because you can't kill him in a t1 frig.

noone could do it in T1 frigs and even if, then he deserved the kill. T1 frig is not really hard to kill, really.

The profession of solo roaming for ratters is dead, at least none of you could show me a guy doing that successfully.

Yes, you can still gank them via cyno or forming roaming gangs, yes, but thats not the topic of this thread.