These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

what makes interceptors so costly

Author
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#21 - 2015-06-15 16:15:41 UTC
All I know is a Crusader is garbage when it can't even out perform a Executioner. Maybe in a few years they will begin to fix some of these garbage cans.
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#22 - 2015-06-15 17:01:43 UTC
Dato Koppla wrote:
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:
Doctor Knuckles wrote:
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:
Xorsis Sorsapesue wrote:
What I have seen Rifters and Claw are somewhat same with statistics, why do Claws cost so much? Have I missed something?

Because 'ceptors do everything a T1 frig can,

well, no.

I didn't think i needed to mention the specialized frigs. Sure... a 'ceptor doesn't do pro target painting or ewar.

I don't think he's talking about comparing Ceptors to EAFs.

What he means is that in terms of actual combat ability, many T1 frigs can stomp the Ceptors easily.

Not sure about that, though i could see a few T1 (non-faction) frigs that "could" beat an interceptor straigh up - it's far from assured.

The Long point capability of a 'ceptor makes it so that I can point with a scram from as much as three times as far as a T1 frig. Provided I can engage from that range, I can apply damage vs. a frig that has no chance of closing the gap.
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#23 - 2015-06-15 17:44:35 UTC
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:

Not sure about that, though i could see a few T1 (non-faction) frigs that "could" beat an interceptor straigh up - it's far from assured.

The Long point capability of a 'ceptor makes it so that I can point with a scram from as much as three times as far as a T1 frig. Provided I can engage from that range, I can apply damage vs. a frig that has no chance of closing the gap.

Some interceptors, like the Raptor, got buffed and actually have a better slot configuration than the T1 counterpart. Others, like the Crusader, have been shafted since the beginning of time, and are actually worse than the T1 counterpart. So it kind of depends on which interceptor we are talking about and which T1 frig we are talking about, because interceptors are currently not balanced.
Sean Parisi
Blackrise Vanguard
#24 - 2015-06-20 06:36:12 UTC
Interceptors have more material cost, IE Tech 2 Materials from moons.

They are bubble immune.
Have a MWD signature bonus
Go substantially faster
Point range bonus
Better agility
Extra statistical bonuses allocated to hull
Tech 2 resists
Previous page12