These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New Trasher a joke?

Author
Commissar Kate
Kesukka
#41 - 2015-06-19 19:51:09 UTC
That must be one hell of a licensing fee the Minmatar paid to get their hands on a Caldari ship.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#42 - 2015-06-19 19:55:32 UTC
I'm starting to think ccp should just stop telling us about changes and just do them. The knee jerking is insane,

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Commissar Kate
Kesukka
#43 - 2015-06-19 19:57:03 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
I'm starting to think ccp should just stop telling us about changes and just do them. The knee jerking is insane,

Agreed, I dont know whats more fun. The Thrasher change or the warp changes.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#44 - 2015-06-19 19:57:50 UTC
That's ugly. The two bodies look really weird. Current Thrasher is cool, it always reminded me of a diesel train engine.

The new dessign... well, I concur with people saying it's like spaceship sex. But not of the kind whose product you'd fly proudly, if you know what I mean.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#45 - 2015-06-19 20:02:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Aralyn Cormallen
Leon Mantis wrote:
What is This supposed to be?

I assumed that picture was showing two Thrashers, with the top one ... err... molesting the other.
Marsha Mallow
#46 - 2015-06-19 20:06:09 UTC
DaReaper wrote:

The teary face image just says it all and I'm pretty impressed that was snuck into a devbog tbh. If people are going to nerd rage this much over every little thing it's absolutely fine by me, devblog feedback threads are starting to be the funniest EvE comment section to be found anywhere.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#47 - 2015-06-19 20:28:24 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
Every ship looks caldari these days.

This. EVE ship design has become very uniform lately.

Remove standings and insurance.

Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#48 - 2015-06-19 20:48:48 UTC
Oh, that design is almost too clean! It needs more stuff poking out, and surfaces with no logical purpose! Imagine replacing the Thrasher with a design that makes visual sense! What a SIN! I agree. A ship that looks like a Raven got seasick and threw up a Caldari junkyard is aesthetic utopia.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#49 - 2015-06-19 21:06:09 UTC
So what is the Minmatar aesthetic supposed to be? Aside from having solar panels and being brown? They've always been a combination of boxy shapes and angular shapes. Just like Caldari. Caldari & Minmatar = straight and angular, Amarr & Gallente = smooth and sleek. Minmatar used to have a bunch of terrible alpha-textured antenna sticking out, is that what people are missing?
pushdogg
relocation LLC.
#50 - 2015-06-19 21:18:12 UTC
i play so zoomed out i cant see my ship anyway. stilleto looks awesome, thrasher looks awesome(same model since i started playing).

now if only they would actually commit to changing the domi....

oh yeah....its their game....if it was mine i would tell all the nay sayers to go service a fedo.
Amonios Zula
Aeon Ascendant
#51 - 2015-06-19 21:21:16 UTC
Tbh I prefer the current design of the Thrasher.
Its a no nosense utilitarian warship that does its job pretty well and certainly looks the part.

I'm not opposed to it getting an update, but I'd rather they kept closer to its current roots.
the wip art shown looks almost like someone has dumped half of another ship on top of it making it look a bit messy.
Cyborg Girl86
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2015-06-19 21:26:56 UTC
Just looked at the concept art page of some of the ship redesigns...

YAY!!! The Domi, one of my favorite BS, isn't going to look like a giant green space potato with a smushed front-end anymore!! Big smile
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#53 - 2015-06-19 21:34:27 UTC
Just because some people think the imcus looks ugly doesn't mean it shouldn't exist, we have our ugly ships to balance out the game from being bland. I in fact like the imicus. Their new design gives it two kick stands, and it is no longer the imicus but a ship taking a **** (or a old style 2d space ship icon from afar). I also liked the old exequror because I could name it "long dong silver" and it had a pretty good resemblance. Now it's 95%symetrical. 😭

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Leon Mantis
Limul Tribal
#54 - 2015-06-19 22:10:22 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Leon Mantis wrote:
What is This supposed to be?
Front & Back

It says it is the new design for the Thrasher... but.... really?

My opinion, It is ugly... very ugly
It doesn't even look like a ship made for battle... and totally not worthy of being the new thrasher

Here is a picture of some more earlier designs of the trasher, to my surprise they are all ugly... Choosing the "best" out of all ugly designs is a very bad choice

Thrasher looks good how it is... so i don't understand why ccp has chosen this new design...

Post what you think about this new thrasher....!

Really hoping ccp will throw away this design and come up with a better new Thrasher.

Disappointed.

(edit: Thrasher... not Trasher

While I like new designs, this one certainly looks like something we might have in orbit around earth right now.

But overall, Eve is being redesigned and this design for the Thrasher would appear to be along the advanced lines of what CCP is trying to achieve with the appearance of "racial" ships.

For example, the Caldari. Look at the Blackbird and the Caracal for example. They look VERY Caldari now. The Amarr ships have lots more gold and swirlies now too.

So it's time, apparently, that Minmatar ships start looking more Minmatar.

I look forward to seeing what becomes of the Gallente ships. I imagine that Gallante ships will be very audacious with lots of "style" and chrome. Like the fins on a Cadilac from the 1950s for example.

They will all still shoot things and blow up no matter what they look like.

I like this comment, you are probably right.
Minmatar ships will probably be getting a more minmatar kind-of look and with the new more advanced designs (more detail and and scale sense) this is deffinetly a good thing.

this new thrasher design does look like it has a lot of things going on witch could be cool... but it should look a bit more like the current thrasher.

Also, yes deffinetly looking forward to flying the new DominixLol
not really commenting on the new Stiletto/Slasher and Probe yet other than that they look allright, at least you can tell they are redesigns for those ships. if this picture did not have the Thrasher redisign WIP words on it, I would think its a totally new ship entirely.
Atomic Virulent
Embargo.
#55 - 2015-06-19 22:34:59 UTC
God I hope that's a new design coming soon.. The old Thrasher looks like a rotting fish carcass. This would be a great improvement.
Captain Africa
GRIM MARCH
#56 - 2015-06-19 22:35:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Africa
Hey bro ...I really like what you have done so far regarding the new designs. BUT the new Thrasher design resembles a CNN Satellite and most definitely not a destroyer. The chopper like design (heavy front and narrow back with the fins on the side is what you associate with a Thrasher .The new design is not a bad design but its not a Thrasher man.

If you can stick to the chopper look and improve on that everyone would go YAY!!!!

Ps use this new design maybe for something else...
Leon Mantis
Limul Tribal
#57 - 2015-06-19 22:50:06 UTC
I have been looking a bit more into This Picture wich shows some more variants of the design, maybe for the T2 Sabre.
I think image B in the picture looks a lot more like the current thrasher and I think I would be fine with it if thats going to be the new thrasher instead of this one.
Lucy Lopez
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#58 - 2015-06-19 23:07:53 UTC
Trasher is an appropriate name for a ship that's all about turning other ships into wrecks.
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#59 - 2015-06-20 00:14:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Shederov Blood
Leon Mantis wrote:
I have been looking a bit more into This Picture wich shows some more variants of the design, maybe for the T2 Sabre.
I think image B in the picture looks a lot more like the current thrasher and I think I would be fine with it if thats going to be the new thrasher instead of this one.

Ok, now I can see it. This one is basically those other 6 with the "face-plate" removed. But why take it off? It just looks like something is missing. Hopefully "WIP" means they just haven't decided which face to give it yet, because I like at least 4 of those 6.

Who put the goat in there?

Zoe Athame
Don't Lose Your Way
#60 - 2015-06-20 00:40:08 UTC
Whether or not you like the new design, I think we can all agree that the old thrasher looked fine and should have been low on the remodel priority list.