These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

CCP... Tread lightly with these ship models

First post
Author
HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-06-19 19:37:27 UTC  |  Edited by: HeXxploiT
You know I think overall you guys have been doing a fantastic job of redesigning ship models and giving the galaxies citizens a plethora of wonderful eyecandy that we can be proud of.
I was personally concerned about the Caracal but was more than than pleased with the outcome.
My BIGGEST concern however will be any changes made to the Raven.
I have memory of being a young pilot and witnessing for the first time not one but two Golems undocking and aligning and warping in unison and I must say these beasts of war moving together so gracefully yet ominously left an impression on me.

This is just a friendly reminder that many a pilot has a love affair with their vessels and although I may never again pilot a Raven its beauty has made an indelible mark on me and it has a place in my heart.

Fellow pilots what ships do you hold close to your bosom?
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#2 - 2015-06-19 19:41:06 UTC
HeXxploiT wrote:

I love the New Sexy Megathron, and I hold it close to an area a bit lower than my 'bosom'....

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Paranoid Loyd
#3 - 2015-06-19 19:42:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
I don't have bosoms Cry

But if I did, I would hold my Thorax between them.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#4 - 2015-06-19 19:50:19 UTC
Quote:

The Raven already has its "new model." It was done years ago.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#5 - 2015-06-19 19:51:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
they already took my baby THEY AINT GETTING THIS ONE NGEAAAAAA!

Edit: the stiletto looks awesome actually , they can have that one.
HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#6 - 2015-06-19 19:51:32 UTC  |  Edited by: HeXxploiT
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
I don't have bosoms Cry

But if I did, I would hold my Thorax between them.

HAHA I laughed.Big smile. I actually thought Bosom meant chest but apparently it means breasts. Oops
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#7 - 2015-06-19 19:52:24 UTC
This just leaked: future plans for the Raven model.
#manbraw

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#8 - 2015-06-19 19:53:23 UTC
Webvan wrote:
This just leaked: future plans for the Raven model.
#manbraw

nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Commissar Kate
Kesukka
#9 - 2015-06-19 19:53:49 UTC
HeXxploiT wrote:

This one.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#10 - 2015-06-19 19:54:14 UTC
Next you are going to say you are worried how they will redo the scorp....

Models change, so what.

"but i liked the old look better!!!! whaaa!!!!" never understand this nostalgia stuff. but meh.

as long as the damn thing flys the way it used to, i don;t care.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-06-19 19:58:50 UTC
DaReaper wrote:
Next you are going to say you are worried how they will redo the scorp....

Models change, so what.

"but i liked the old look better!!!! whaaa!!!!" never understand this nostalgia stuff. but meh.

as long as the damn thing flys the way it used to, i don;t care.

Clearly you were never in love to begin with. You cannot know true love unless you have experienced it.

...and no I always thought the scorp was a little cheesy looking and would very much like to see it redesigned in the same style that the falcon was which clearly looks like an advanced electronic attack vessel.
Marsha Mallow
#12 - 2015-06-19 20:00:04 UTC
HeXxploiT wrote:

Bosoms are for tormenting your fellow pilots Straight

I did pout a bit when the Abso model was switched from the Prophecy to the Harbinger hull, but it's still shiney so don't really care. Might throw a tantrum if the buttplug is ever changed. The Thrasher looks fine, dunno what all the whinging is about, but having said that some people actually complained about the Moa change.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#13 - 2015-06-19 20:11:50 UTC
On a serious note though (sorry), I'm guessing that ships that have recently received the new skins won't be remodeled. Raven got one and really doesn't seem to need a rework again.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#14 - 2015-06-19 20:33:17 UTC
The hurricane. I trust in the rust.

And the guns.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Ellegos1
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2015-06-19 20:46:20 UTC
Honestly, I've been thoroughly impressed with each remodel they have done so far. I've been loving the Caldari love.

- Lego
Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#16 - 2015-06-19 20:49:06 UTC
HeXxploiT wrote:
You know I think overall you guys have been doing a fantastic job of redesigning ship models and giving the galaxies citizens a plethora of wonderful eyecandy that we can be proud of.
I was personally concerned about the Caracal but was more than than pleased with the outcome.
I have memory of being a young pilot and witnessing for the first time not one but two Golems undocking and aligning and warping in unison and I must say these beasts of war moving together so gracefully yet ominously left an impression on me.

This is just a friendly reminder that many a pilot has a love affair with their vessels and although I may never again pilot a Raven its beauty has made an indelible mark on me and it has a place in my heart.

never been a huge fan of uneven ships, but i cannot come to grips with the new exequror. I flew one ofthose things when i was new to the game, i still have the hull, but its never going to be the same now, its not my "Earthforce cruiser" anymore
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#17 - 2015-06-19 20:53:13 UTC
Meh. The Raven has always been ugly, lopsided, and sort of cheesy/generic/dated. Hey look, it looks like a bird, and its called a Raven, hurr durr hurr. Yawn. Looks like a kids toy from some early 90s cartoon. When I see it I hear that song from Team America. You know: "Ameri-kuh! F* yeah!..." I guess that's fitting for Caldari, with all the players who look like they just auditioned for Top Gun. But I could see a Blackbird-style redesign working really well for the Raven.

As for a ship that definitely should not be redesigned... ummm..... uhhhh.... Tornado? Tornado looks pretty cool. It's also one of the newer ship models though. Hmm. I guess I'll second Dorrim on the Hurricane. And the Rifter probably shouldn't be changed too much either. Winmatar!

Abaddon and Revelation are also super cool looking and should hopefully never have their pointy shnozes turned into chicken beaks like the poor Apocalypse.
Otso Bakarti
Doomheim
#18 - 2015-06-19 20:55:16 UTC
If you aren't going to fundamentally develop a game, because you no longer budget for that...using profit margin as your justification, naturally...then you have a bunch of code monkeys on the payroll that need to be kept busy, ergo - eye candy coming out at a rate that equals the worst of digital nailbiters.

As a result, expect everything to be "redesigned". The first rule; If it ain't broke, don't fix it, has been broken so many times, it's not salvageable. The second rule; duct tape can fix anything, is in ruins.

There just isn't anything that can be said!

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#19 - 2015-06-19 21:01:28 UTC
HeXxploiT wrote:

Please never change my Irish shoe!

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Cyborg Girl86
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2015-06-19 21:13:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyborg Girl86
I LOVE my Vindicator!!! Big smile

Take the powerful, dominating, intimidating and large sized Megathron and paint it black and dark grey with silver trimming and green lights. ITS PURE SEX. I'd have sex with my Vindi if I could.

Thank you so much CCP for making serpentis ships black and dark grey again like they should be!! Big smile

Close second would be my main's Damnation. The prophecy is already a sexy hull, but now its in black, silver and with blue lights. Looks like something an evil space-tyrant from some sci-fi movie would fly.
12Next page