These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The End of an Empire?

Author
Oliver Kalder
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2015-06-16 01:21:10 UTC
MATARI UHURU!!!!
Kalaratiri
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#22 - 2015-06-16 01:47:33 UTC
Lord Kailethre wrote:
Can I copy this thread for later use when the pendulum swings back into Amarr favor?
I promise I'll change all the words and stuff.

Only if you help take it back.

She's mad but she's magic, there's no lie in her fire.

This is possibly one of the worst threads in the history of these forums.  - CCP Falcon

I don't remember when last time you said something that wasn't either dumb or absurd. - Diana Kim

Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#23 - 2015-06-16 03:01:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Kithrus
Jili Tonari wrote:
Kithrus wrote:
Let me know when you can take high sec systems then I'll worry about the fate of the empire..

Makoto Priano wrote:
...until the Empress is dethroned and the Imperial fleets are scattered....

One day at a time.

Here is the difference between you and me dearie, should it happen I own the front I don't feel the need to push on to Pator though if things keep moving like they are maybe we'll be capable.

You on the other hand see this as personal, you'd push right to Athra given the chance.

That is why I'm in the front, to keep people like you in check so those down below can live in peace without fear of republic/terrorist orbital bombardment or worse.

But you keep that hateful fire stoked dearie, it will burn you out leaving you a husk of person. You may think this is the greatest fight of your life.

For me it's Tuesday.

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Evi Polevhia
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#24 - 2015-06-16 03:40:27 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
... I'm in the front...

Citation needed.
Lord Kailethre
Tengoo Uninstallation Service
#25 - 2015-06-16 06:56:01 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:
Can I copy this thread for later use when the pendulum swings back into Amarr favor?

But that would require some amount of effort.
I don't want to do effort!
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#26 - 2015-06-16 07:04:03 UTC
Nameira Vanis-Tor wrote:
Tannakan was the primary base for the 24th Imperial Crusade sub legion 'Loaded Dice' and was the longest held system by the 24th IC remaining in the disputed territories.

Loaded Dice, a lovely yet loud bunch. Went rather quiet after we seized their moons a few months ago, though.
Seriously, Loaded Dice falling on hard times since our deployment in the area is old news. Also, if you're looking to make this sound a little less like empty Tribal propaganda with a hint of doomsaying, I'd advise to stay clear of pathetic 'now Empire falls' rhetoric.

Same for the 'swinging pendulum' rhetoric that comes from your 24th colleagues. Seriously, 7 years and you two couldn't think of anything better?

I'm afraid any of the Big Four in the militia proxy wars is too stable to be shaken down even if it would lose all of its contested systems - after all, they're not idiots; if there ever was a chance to be shaken by such, they wouldn't be at war in the first place.
  • Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Thornir
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2015-06-16 07:05:23 UTC
This is an outrage. The Minmatar will pay dearly for their war crimes against the Empire, as for the border region. There has clearly been some questionable choices by the military leaders on the Amarrian side. I for one am very disappointed.

FC? Hello. Warp to me! I am here!

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#28 - 2015-06-16 07:47:08 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:

I think Pyre are a perfectly capable organization and will be doing fine.
iyammarrok
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2015-06-16 08:18:19 UTC
Kithrus wrote:

Here is the difference between you and me dearie, should it happen I own the front I don't feel the need to push on to Pator though if things keep moving like they are maybe we'll be capable.

You on the other hand see this as personal, you'd push right to Athra given the chance.

That is why I'm in the front, to keep people like you in check so those down below can live in peace without fear of republic/terrorist orbital bombardment or worse.

But you keep that hateful fire stoked dearie, it will burn you out leaving you a husk of person. You may think this is the greatest fight of your life.

For me it's Tuesday.

I guess in some ways here you're correct Kithrus.

you don't feel the need to push on to pator.
the matari do feel this is personal.

but, you appear to discount the why of it.

your people have already pushed on to pator, have already orbitally bombarded an entire tribe almost to extiction, and still, to this day, hold billions in chains.
worse still, your people still systematically infect your slaves with vitoxin, promising them a slow and agonising death should they seek freedom without the means to either continue their supply of vitoc or receive the cure.

is it any surprise that the matari hate your people?
in both historical and contemporary times, you are butchers and overlords, bent on the destruction of all cultures save your own, and with the nerve to call the forced indoctrination and systematic **** of both cultures and people the divine mandate of a supposedly benevolent god.

last time i looked the word up, benevolent did not mean what the amarr seem to claim.

Not indicative of corporate policy unless otherwise stated.

Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#30 - 2015-06-16 11:35:39 UTC
Evi Polevhia wrote:
Kithrus wrote:
... I'm in the front...

Citation needed.

Like what?

iyammarrok wrote:
Kithrus wrote:

For me it's Tuesday.

I guess in some ways here you're correct Kithrus.

you don't feel the need to push on to pator.
the matari do feel this is personal.

but, you appear to discount the why of it.

your people have already pushed on to pator, have already orbitally bombarded an entire tribe almost to extiction, and still, to this day, hold billions in chains.
worse still, your people still systematically infect your slaves with vitoxin, promising them a slow and agonising death should they seek freedom without the means to either continue their supply of vitoc or receive the cure.

in both historical and contemporary times, you are butchers and overlords, bent on the destruction of all cultures save your own, and with the nerve to call the forced indoctrination and systematic **** of both cultures and people the divine mandate of a supposedly benevolent god.

last time i looked the word up, benevolent did not mean what the amarr seem to claim.

I never claimed benevolence, and no I don't want to see yours or anyone's culture destroyed. This problem between us is going to take years to solve but in the last 10 the republic keeps making it worse.

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Ovv Topik
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2015-06-16 13:06:35 UTC
Kalaratiri wrote:
Lord Kailethre wrote:

Cracks staring to show.
Nice.
Matari Uhuru!

"Nicknack, I'm in a shoe in space, on my computer, in my house, with a cup of coffee, in't that something." - Fly Safe PopPaddi. o7

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#32 - 2015-06-16 13:28:56 UTC
Kithrus wrote:

I never claimed benevolence, and no I don't want to see yours or anyone's culture destroyed. This problem between us is going to take years to solve but in the last 10 the republic keeps making it worse.

The problem is for every person like you who isn't a threat there is one or two who in fact do wish to see our culture destroyed. From everything I know of you, you seem like a smart and reasonable man. You don't see that? When the whole warzone flipped, they were all out on here saying how we should surrender, now the gears turn the other way and that sentiment is being repaid back in full. Both sides perpetuate this, personally I only see the merit in one side but still. The bloods on both parties hands, which side really wants peace in the end?
Tiberious Thessalonia
True Slave Foundations
#33 - 2015-06-16 14:41:44 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
When the whole warzone flipped, they were all out on here saying how we should surrender, now the gears turn the other way and that sentiment is being repaid back in full.

Absolutes are dangerous.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#34 - 2015-06-16 15:14:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Deitra Vess
Tiberious Thessalonia wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:
When the whole warzone flipped, they were all out on here saying how we should surrender, now the gears turn the other way and that sentiment is being repaid back in full.

Absolutes are dangerous.

Maybe not all, your right, but enough to show that ill feelings still exist, enough to show that there still is a movement attacking our culture, thus one that should be met with defiance. You can blame them for this war pressing onwards, as well as those on our side (including to some extent myself) who are just as guilty.
Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#35 - 2015-06-16 15:59:58 UTC
iyammarrok wrote:

It is not a surprise.

It's a little sad, though.

A lot of righteous sensibilities are going to see a lot of people dead on a lot of sides.
Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#36 - 2015-06-16 18:26:35 UTC
Ovv Topik wrote:
Cracks staring to show.
Nice.
Matari Uhuru!

Don't be silly. If you think mercenaries fight because they like their paymasters you don't understand mercenary work very well. As arrogant and ungrateful as the Empire is to work for, their money is very friendly and charismatic.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#37 - 2015-06-17 17:36:31 UTC
The pendulum has already swung more times than a Gallentean adulterer, and it will swing again.

With this in mind, remember that at a child's party the winner of the game is the infant who holds the parcel when the music stops.

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Aphoxema G
Khushakor Clan
#38 - 2015-06-17 18:16:20 UTC
If anyone wants to conquer the Empire they have to conquer Aridia. Have you seen how huge and boring that place is? So, so boring. Nobody wants it, not even the Empire wants it but they already got it and, well, do you think they're gonna give it up? No, they ain't.

This is why the Amarr are unconquerable. Sheer boringness. And lasers.
ValentinaDLM
SoE Roughriders
Electus Matari
#39 - 2015-06-17 18:59:05 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Ovv Topik wrote:
Cracks staring to show.
Nice.
Matari Uhuru!

Don't be silly. If you think mercenaries fight because they like their paymasters you don't understand mercenary work very well. As arrogant and ungrateful as the Empire is to work for, their money is very friendly and charismatic.

I wish more people understood this Pieter. I don't have to love the Empire to work for them. I don't have to hate the Republic to work against them. I don't want the Amarr or Minmatar people to suffer, I do however intend on doing a good job in this war while It is our active contract.
Jili Tonari
Doomheim
#40 - 2015-06-17 21:00:38 UTC
Kithrus wrote:

Then stop destroying it. It's really that simple.

Seems to me that you got the Amarr mental disorder where you think you know what's right for us. So I tell ya true, if the Republic screws things up, that none of your business. We do not need your advice.

“Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves.”