These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Duality] Sovereignty Playtest Competition

First post First post
Author
Ryno Caval
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2015-06-17 06:22:45 UTC
Blue Ice wrote:
please name command nodes A B C D etc.

e.g.
9UY4-H Station Command Node A

or any way to differentiate them.


+1 without specific command node names there won't be much of a way to coordinate a multi layered attack or defense, which defeats the purpose of creating a multi-front battlefield, if you don't know what front you are fighting on how are you supposed to fight
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#42 - 2015-06-17 12:38:26 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Lebowski
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone, let me try and answer a bunch of the questions brought up so far

kiu Nakamura wrote:
IHUB
IHUB is not recognized as being in 9uy. It is there in space, belongs to brave holdings, but the UI insists on that another IHUB can be deployed. When you try to deploy another ihub, you get a message that there is already an IHUB.
Enemies can actually entosis the IHUB, but after repairing that, the IHUB is still not recognized.
This is now fixed.

kiu Nakamura wrote:
Station management
The button for station management in the Offices list, sometimes doesnt show up. Need to redock to see that button.
I haven't been able to reproduce this issue myself, if you see it again could you please submit a bug report in client (F12->Report Bug) and I'll investigate further.

kiu Nakamura wrote:
Command Nodes
Command Nodes do not show up on DSCAN or Probe Scan even though the devblog says otherwise.
This will be resolved for dscan, adding this to the known issues.

kiu Nakamura wrote:
Move HQ
Could not move our HQ due to:
"SEC regards the location you are in as being part of a territorial dispute. SEC rules forbid HQs of corporations being created in or relocated to disputed territories. Due to this you can not move your HQ here."
Even though we own the station and have a TCU in 9uy. Guess this is coupled to outdated SOV mechanics?
This is correct, you've never been able to move your corporate HQ to a location you could get locked out of for obvious reasons Smile

kiu Nakamura wrote:
iHub Ownership
When we placed and entosist an iHub, it got registered as being owned by the Exec Corp even though the person doing the
Entosis is not part of the exec corp, he is member of a different alliance corp.
Is this intentional? Can we transfer ihub ownerships somehow?
This is by design. All structures will initially be owned by the executor corp, who will be able to transfer to any corp within the alliance. The functionality for this is still being worked on.

kiu Nakamura wrote:
TCU
We had a TCU and iHub at Planet I in 9uy (the one with the broken ihub).
The TCU was fully functional and claimed BRAVE. I passed by and scooped it into my cargo. Why was I able to scoop it even though I am not int he owning Exec Corp?
That did nothing to the system, it was still claimed to BRAVE. There was no notification about TCU loss.
Then I tried to deploy it again at the exact same location and got an error (I believe notAPlanet?).
Once downtime hit, the system got marked as unclaimed.
I moved to a different planet, and there I could deploy it without a problem.
Scooping should never have been possible by anyone, this was corrected in yesterdays build.

kiu Nakamura wrote:
Vulnerability Window
Not sure where the option is hidden to configure the vulnerability window? Or where we can define a system being the Designated Capital System?
Both are configured in the Home Sub tab of the Alliance tab in the Corporation window. (Expand the settled systems section to see the options for capital system assignment).

kiu Nakamura wrote:
Steam
Is there an option for Steam users to get on Duality?
I'm unsure about this actually, sorry! I'll be investigating this today and will hopefully return with more info.

kiu Nakamura wrote:
TCU II
Even though a systen is unclaimed (no active TCU), the UI (upper left corner) and Solarsystem Show Info shows a vuln window for the TCU.
The system info panel has had some bugs with updating correctly, these should all be resolved now, but the data on vulnerability is currently faked and will be replaced with real data soon.


kiu Nakamura wrote:
TCU III
Redeployed the previously scooped TCU and entosist it. No notification. And for me the system was marked as unclaimed (for others it correctly switched to being claimed as brave). This fixed itself once I did a session change.
As above, this should be fixed now.

Blue Ice wrote:
please name command nodes A B C D etc.

e.g.
9UY4-H Station Command Node A

or any way to differentiate them.
Yep unique names are part of our design and will be coming soon!

Milai Isagar wrote:
Will we need to keep the indicies up and can we increase them during the test? or are they set for the duration?
Also... i'm assuming when we get control of our stations properly we will have enough offices for corps for the obvious corp hangar reasons :)
The indexes will be initially set, but we don't have a way to keep them fixed sadly, so they will decay if not kept up.

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

kiu Nakamura
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#43 - 2015-06-17 13:40:18 UTC  |  Edited by: kiu Nakamura
Thanks for the extensive reply.

kiu Nakamura wrote:
Station management
The button for station management in the Offices list, sometimes doesnt show up. Need to redock to see that button.
CCP Lebowski wrote:

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue myself, if you see it again could you please submit a bug report in client (F12->Report Bug) and I'll investigate further.


Bug report sent on Duality. May be related to waking up after being podded. https://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/my-bug-reports/details?issueId=EBR-39923

kiu Nakamura wrote:
Command Nodes
Command Nodes do not show up on DSCAN or Probe Scan even though the devblog says otherwise.
CCP Lebowski wrote:

This will be resolved for dscan, adding this to the known issues.



What about Probe Scans as mentioned in the devblog? I would have guessed each one gets its own ID in there and can be identified that way?

CCP Lebowski wrote:

This is correct, you've never been able to move your corporate HQ to a location you could get locked out of for obvious reasons Smile


I am so bad at this game, lol.
Taurkinius
FCON Aerarium Militare
Fidelas Constans
#44 - 2015-06-17 13:59:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Taurkinius
With today's build moving the sov panel for a system into the system's info screen, the ability to check the sov indexes, ownership, and other useful information at the constellation and regional levels have been removed. We still need the sov panel available for information at constellation and regional level.

Edit:

I see in the alliance screen there is now a Sov panel that only shows sov info for my own alliance, however it does not display the indices unless I hover over the "Bonus" button, one system at a time. This is rather inefficient from an alliance leadership standpoint, as being able to view all of my alliance's sov indices at a glance is going to be a large part of how we work in the new sov system. Providing this data in a simplistic form that I can see immediately and can swiftly scroll through without having to look system by system would be VERY helpful as an alliance leader. Maybe some small dots or something else easily understood but not taking up large swaths of UI space.
kiu Nakamura
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#45 - 2015-06-17 14:16:53 UTC
kiu Nakamura wrote:
Vulnerability Window
Not sure where the option is hidden to configure the vulnerability window? Or where we can define a system being the
Designated Capital System?
CCP Lebowski wrote:

Both are configured in the Home Sub tab of the Alliance tab in the Corporation window. (Expand the settled systems section to see the options for capital system assignment).


The Designated Capital UI seems to be buggy, see https://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/my-bug-reports/details?issueId=EBR-39925
kiu Nakamura
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#46 - 2015-06-17 14:19:28 UTC
Taurkinius wrote:
This is rather inefficient from an alliance leadership standpoint, as being able to view all of my alliance's sov indices at a glance is going to be a large part of how we work in the new sov system.


Also it is important to get a glance of enemies indices as well :)

But I assume, once there is an API endpoint to extract this data, everyone will look it up on Dotlan or their own alliance tools amyway.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#47 - 2015-06-17 15:08:43 UTC
The entosis link has a tendency to lag a bit and start a new cycle when it shouldn't. It's usually off by a second or two between the timer and cycle time. You can turn off the modules before hand to get it to stop on time and the node still dies.
kiu Nakamura
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#48 - 2015-06-17 15:15:51 UTC  |  Edited by: kiu Nakamura
I assume this hasn't been enabled yet, but shouldn't our designated capital system have an adjusted Defense Multiplier (not 1.0)?

And shouldn't the Sovereignity Tab on Show Info indicate somewhere that this is a capital?

EDIT

Ahhh...the icon in the upper left corner has a star for being a capital. Shouldnt the show info do the same thing then as it uses the same icon (I understand that this might be difficult due to coding limitations): http://i.imgur.com/MstOWh3.png
Lauresh Thellere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2015-06-17 15:33:07 UTC
I had a couple of suggestions for the new sov ui, it's a pretty UI and gives the basic information but trying to get more advanced details can be a bit painful.

One way it's a pain is the new structure timer UI is gorgeous and it shows the name and logo of the alliance who owns them but there's no way of pulling up structure or alliance info from that. It would be nice if there was an info button that links to the alliance info page. I'd also love to see information on what structure upgrades are installed such as i-hub upgrades on the i-hub timer page.

Another way is that it seems to be hard to find a list of sov that the alliance owns, I'd love to see a soverignty tab in the alliance info page that lists all the systems that particular alliance owns.
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#50 - 2015-06-17 17:51:34 UTC
Taurkinius wrote:
With today's build moving the sov panel for a system into the system's info screen, the ability to check the sov indexes, ownership, and other useful information at the constellation and regional levels have been removed. We still need the sov panel available for information at constellation and regional level.

Edit:

I see in the alliance screen there is now a Sov panel that only shows sov info for my own alliance, however it does not display the indices unless I hover over the "Bonus" button, one system at a time. This is rather inefficient from an alliance leadership standpoint, as being able to view all of my alliance's sov indices at a glance is going to be a large part of how we work in the new sov system. Providing this data in a simplistic form that I can see immediately and can swiftly scroll through without having to look system by system would be VERY helpful as an alliance leader. Maybe some small dots or something else easily understood but not taking up large swaths of UI space.
This is a fair point and we've been discussing it in Five 0 today. As of now we're undecided whether this will be something we address in the initial release, in a later iteration, or leave it to be something exposed through CREST that others can address themselves in their alliance tools. This may depend on how quickly we can get the more vital aspects of the UI to a working state, so stay tuned and we'll update you when we know more.

kiu Nakamura wrote:
Thanks for the excellent bug report, its nice to be able to just assign straight to a developer without having to rewrite the whole thing for sanity, top work! Smile

Rowells wrote:
The entosis link has a tendency to lag a bit and start a new cycle when it shouldn't. It's usually off by a second or two between the timer and cycle time. You can turn off the modules before hand to get it to stop on time and the node still dies.
We're aware of this and are working on a solution.

kiu Nakamura wrote:
I assume this hasn't been enabled yet, but shouldn't our designated capital system have an adjusted Defense Multiplier (not 1.0)?

And shouldn't the Sovereignity Tab on Show Info indicate somewhere that this is a capital?

EDIT

Ahhh...the icon in the upper left corner has a star for being a capital. Shouldnt the show info do the same thing then as it uses the same icon (I understand that this might be difficult due to coding limitations): http://i.imgur.com/MstOWh3.png
The backend functionality is not in place yet, so this won't be affecting your Activity Defense Bonus just yet. That's a good point about the show info window though I'll pass it on to the relevant Dev.

Lauresh Thellere wrote:
I had a couple of suggestions for the new sov ui, it's a pretty UI and gives the basic information but trying to get more advanced details can be a bit painful.

One way it's a pain is the new structure timer UI is gorgeous and it shows the name and logo of the alliance who owns them but there's no way of pulling up structure or alliance info from that. It would be nice if there was an info button that links to the alliance info page. I'd also love to see information on what structure upgrades are installed such as i-hub upgrades on the i-hub timer page.

Another way is that it seems to be hard to find a list of sov that the alliance owns, I'd love to see a sovereignty tab in the alliance info page that lists all the systems that particular alliance owns.
Some good point in here that we'll be considering as we iterate on the UI.

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#51 - 2015-06-17 17:55:58 UTC
Oh, just so everyone's aware, I'm ending all capture campaigns that are more than a day old as many may be quite buggy now.

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

kiu Nakamura
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#52 - 2015-06-17 18:21:55 UTC
CCP Lebowski wrote:
This is a fair point and we've been discussing it in Five 0 today. As of now we're undecided whether this will be something we address in the initial release, in a later iteration, or leave it to be something exposed through CREST that others can address themselves in their alliance tools.


Please, make this a release blocker. Think of the emergent gameplay not happening. If there is no mechanism whatsoever (have a CREST endpoint and you are good to go), there will be the need for recon teams to burn their time, collecting this data manually on a regular basis. Don't hurt them even more :)
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#53 - 2015-06-17 18:34:37 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Lebowski
Sorry I should have been clearer, at the very least it will be exposed through CREST and it will be visible when hovering over the bonus shield in the Alliance Sov Window Smile

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

Angelic Tallbrooke
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#54 - 2015-06-17 23:42:35 UTC
I would like to say that the Affirmative. Alliance would also be more than happy to have any players not currently in an alliance taking part joining us on Duality! We are an NPSI community, so if Spectre doesn't poach all of the newbros to Sov first, we'll gladly take applications to Redemption Road on the server for the games. :D
Saeka Tyr
Sanctuary of Shadows
Dock Workers
#55 - 2015-06-18 00:28:16 UTC
Could the beacons be fixed?

Right now cynos, drone sites, jove observatories, and now entosis things share the same overview beacon. This can result in a very crowded overview.

Could the npc/sov/player beacons be broken up? Ideally the entosis beacons would be put into the anomaly window, which solves the naming convention issue and retains some value of consistency between the new sov mechanic and faction warfare. Inconsistent UI is sucky.

Also, would it be possible to make the node and beacon the same thing? You warp to the beacon and you are presented with two things to sovwand, and the beacon itself takes 3 minutes to lock in a marauder so there'll be a bit of confusion as people figure out what needs to be sovwanded.

The overall sov UI needs a bit more clarity. I see a red and blue, or maybe black, circle. I have no idea what this means, other htan something is either getting bigger or smaller. There is no visibility (as far as I can see) as to who owns the red bar, or the blue bar.

Something more clear to measure the status of a system would be very helpful.

On that point, when you get into the system info there is the sov tab. I love the sov tab. But a few points on that:


  1. A constellation level overview would be great.
  2. You open the tab and a 2 hour timer starts ticking, with the current time. This means absolutely nothing and appears broken.
  3. It'd be nice if you could show info on the "sovereign alliance".


Also, there's currently no notifications when the command nodes are being hit as far as I can see. This is major, or a very interesting design choice.

Can I also assume all of this stuff will be exported via API?
Overall I really like the new system. It just needs refinement and better UI.
Dreadis Akiga
Perkone
Caldari State
#56 - 2015-06-18 01:11:28 UTC
I seem to have a problem trying to get onto Duality. I did as the blog says, copied everything to new files. I start the launcher, and it starts to update itself, fails the first time, retry and it updates, then goes to create patch, and sticks there. Left it for over 2 hours, nothing. So I deleted the second files, recopied, and the exact same thing happened.

Any help would be appreciated, want to get in on the games, lol.
Shimozu Shinta
Backwater Redux
Tactical Narcotics Team
#57 - 2015-06-18 01:12:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Shimozu Shinta
There've been a number of times where I've started a warmup cycle on my entosis on a station service, and the service goes immediately red once the second cycle starts. It's always the second service I attempt to offline (first one works just fine) and sometimes happens on the third as well. I'm offlining services on invulnerable stations only, as those are the only ones I can find. Currently have a T2 entosis Gnosis just screwing around where nobody is in system. I'm not a part of any participating alliance and just testing the module as an "honorable third party."

Update: Turns out it keeps happening, even after jumping into another system. I've turned off multiple additional station services in a separate system without having to wait out the offlining timer. Just after the second cycle starts, the service instantly goes full red.

TNT Alliance Tournament XII Team Captain

Worst. Goalie. Ever. - Fanfest 2015

Shimozu Shinta
Backwater Redux
Tactical Narcotics Team
#58 - 2015-06-18 03:45:33 UTC
Interesting thing:
Right before downtime, a BRAVE person and myself were in a fleet together. He has T1 link, I T2. He started on a node, and I started it later. When my link started, the timer seemed to go faster (2 min timer vs 5 min timer.) How should the timers work in this situation?

TNT Alliance Tournament XII Team Captain

Worst. Goalie. Ever. - Fanfest 2015

Shimozu Shinta
Backwater Redux
Tactical Narcotics Team
#59 - 2015-06-18 05:07:38 UTC
One last thing: In the sovereignty map, for systems with Structure Sovereignty Status items that are contested, I see the current time and a two-hour countdown next to it. For instance, when first typing this I see:
"TCU Contested 05:00 (-01:58:45)"

A few minutes later it read:
"TCU Contested 05:06 (-01:59:42)"

Also, how should we expect to see the progress bars change while capturing various nodes?

TNT Alliance Tournament XII Team Captain

Worst. Goalie. Ever. - Fanfest 2015

Saeka Tyr
Sanctuary of Shadows
Dock Workers
#60 - 2015-06-18 06:04:09 UTC
Regarding the TCU/IHUB items, could you remove pointless stats from their attributes page?

For example, since they can no longer be unanchored or scooped, could we get the unanchor/online/anchoring delay attributes removed? That way it is clear that these are more permanent structures.

Also, the deployment distances need to be looked at as they serve no purpose.

You physically can't drop two ihubs anymore: "05:55:11 Notify There can only be 1 Infrastructure Hub deployed in the system", so get rid of the "other ihub" distance.

Finally, shooting an ihub gives this message. In nullsec.

Quote:
Aggression against this peaceful entity may have consequences such as a standings penalty or returned aggression. It is recommended that you reconsider.

Do you wish to proceed?


I think we can all agree that this has literally no meaning and can be removed.