These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Duality] Sovereignty Playtest Competition

First post First post
Author
Lisselle Rotsuda
Running with Dogs
Stella Nova
#21 - 2015-06-16 12:41:18 UTC
Just to be clear you will set up sov structures?
You dont want us to drop TCU's and IHub's?
And the current Duality sov constellation will populate the Alliance sov window before the test starts?
Lisselle Rotsuda
Running with Dogs
Stella Nova
#22 - 2015-06-16 12:43:16 UTC
Also... as Dotlan won't show the sov ownership and changes, obviously, how can we follow whats happening and also know what is friendly or not territory once the test starts?
Alan Artemisa
Anti-Nub Incorporated
Centipede Caliphate.
#23 - 2015-06-16 12:51:10 UTC
Lisselle Rotsuda wrote:
Also... as Dotlan won't show the sov ownership and changes, obviously, how can we follow whats happening and also know what is friendly or not territory once the test starts?


Lots and lots of scouting I assume. I decided to take a look at the API to see if Duality has an API, but unfortunately it doesn't look like it does, otherwise some crafty person could probably make an auto-updated map of the battlezone.
Agent Unknown
Blackout Brigade
Already Replaced.
#24 - 2015-06-16 12:54:05 UTC
Lisselle Rotsuda wrote:
Also... as Dotlan won't show the sov ownership and changes, obviously, how can we follow whats happening and also know what is friendly or not territory once the test starts?


There's a sov dashboard that will be available on Duality that tells you everything you need to know. There's a couple devblogs detailing that.

As far as I know, Duality doesn't expose API data like Singularity does, but that could change if CCP wants developers to start making changes to their apps (like dotlan).
Lauresh Thellere
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2015-06-16 15:21:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Lauresh Thellere
Big smile
SilverBack Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2015-06-16 15:45:37 UTC
7o,

Having trouble logging into Duality. I followed all the instructions and can get the client open (http://imgur.com/s8Kiw65). I type in my login information and the character screen doesn't pop up. I noticed that after typing in my login information, a bar that says checking status (http://imgur.com/LhtI2hS) pops up next to the login info where it usually says the server, status, and number of players, but it never goes to the character screen. I wait for a bit, then click login again and this (http://imgur.com/My1bA1W) pops up telling me I need to close and restart the client. I have tried clearing my settings, cache, starting from the launcher, deleting the folder and reinstalling Duality, nothing has worked. Is there anything else I can do to get logged in?

Thanks,
Silverback
SilentAsTheGrave
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2015-06-16 16:58:09 UTC
I must admit I'm not a fan of how the market is. Constantly having alliance tournament ship, faction fit pirate battleships and 100 ISK triage carriers dropping on me left and right doesn't exactly feel realistic. Toss in everyone rocking high grade pirate implants...

*sigh*

No way to curb it down a bit before the thing starts?
kiu Nakamura
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#28 - 2015-06-16 17:09:06 UTC
SilentAsTheGrave wrote:
Constantly having alliance tournament ship, faction fit pirate battleships and 100 ISK triage carriers dropping on me left and right doesn't exactly feel realistic.
No way to curb it down a bit before the thing starts?


I think this just levels the playing field a bit. Even if it were real ISK market values, entities like BL could still do the same thing (as they likely have almost unlimited funds) while all the younger alliances participating in the event don't have a huge wallet to begin with.

You can already see how people throw their Titans on field - which should be a very limited resource - not caring about losses because they got enough of them.

A proper test would have been, remove all assets from everyone, give every player x amount of isk, set all prices to a fixed value, disable isk generation (insurance, bounties, etc) and get everyone started.
Tappits
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#29 - 2015-06-16 17:11:09 UTC
SilentAsTheGrave wrote:
I must admit I'm not a fan of how the market is. Constantly having alliance tournament ship, faction fit pirate battleships and 100 ISK triage carriers dropping on me left and right doesn't exactly feel realistic. Toss in everyone rocking high grade pirate implants...

*sigh*

No way to curb it down a bit before the thing starts?


IDK but it feels pretty normal for PL fleets. We are having to downgrade our fits compared to main server and it makes me feal like a scrub
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance
#30 - 2015-06-16 17:11:50 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Lebowski
SilverBack Rotineque wrote:
7o,

Having trouble logging into Duality. I followed all the instructions and can get the client open (http://imgur.com/s8Kiw65). I type in my login information and the character screen doesn't pop up. I noticed that after typing in my login information, a bar that says checking status (http://imgur.com/LhtI2hS) pops up next to the login info where it usually says the server, status, and number of players, but it never goes to the character screen. I wait for a bit, then click login again and this (http://imgur.com/My1bA1W) pops up telling me I need to close and restart the client. I have tried clearing my settings, cache, starting from the launcher, deleting the folder and reinstalling Duality, nothing has worked. Is there anything else I can do to get logged in?

Thanks,
Silverback
Thanks for reporting this Silverback,

Unfortunately I'm not sure what to suggest as you seem to tried all the normal options for troubleshooting such an issue. I'd ask you to make sure you are manually deleting the relevant cache files from your appdata folder (Normally found here: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE)

If this still does not work, please use CTRL+ALT+M to bring up the engine tools window, select log viewer and save the current logs. Then go to our online bug reporting tool and report a bug, providing as much information as you can and attaching that log file.

Hope this helps!

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#31 - 2015-06-16 17:29:20 UTC
After some internal discussion, we have decided not to seed faction or deadspace items on Duality. We are completely aware that 100isk ships and modules (including rare ships and pirate implants) lead to different fleet metas than what would be seen on TQ, but that's acceptable for the purposes of this test. However to expand the seeding list further would just move things further away from TQ combat rather then closer so we're going to avoid changing that for now.

Rowells wrote:
also when is the expected end date?

We're currently expecting to end the competition on July 6th.

Lisselle Rotsuda wrote:
Just to be clear you will set up sov structures?
You dont want us to drop TCU's and IHub's?

You're free to drop your own TCUs and IHubs and to fight each other before the competition starts, but you don't need to. We'll be setting up all the structures in your constellation before we start the official event.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#32 - 2015-06-16 17:32:27 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
We're pushing back the expected start date of the competition one day to Thursday June 18th.
We're estimating that we'll start on Thursday at approximately 18:00 EVETime.

To help accelerate the early testing and make up for the lost days we plan to set the reinforcement length on TCUs, IHUBs and Stations to one day (rather than the two days that are planned for the final design) for at least the first four days of testing.

In the meantime we will leave Duality open with its current QA settings for the structures (two minute capture times, one hour reinforcement periods) so that players can freely explore the basics of the system without needing to wait.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

kiu Nakamura
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#33 - 2015-06-16 17:42:00 UTC
Maybe my earlier post got ignored as it was a link.

Bug report / Feedback

IHUB
IHUB is not recognized as being in 9uy. It is there in space, belongs to brave holdings, but the UI insists on that another IHUB can be deployed. When you try to deploy another ihub, you get a message that there is already an IHUB.
Enemies can actually entosis the IHUB, but after repairing that, the IHUB is still not recognized.

Station management
The button for station management in the Offices list, sometimes doesnt show up. Need to redock to see that button.

Command Nodes
Command Nodes do not show up on DSCAN or Probe Scan even though the devblog says otherwise.

Move HQ
Could not move our HQ due to:
"SEC regards the location you are in as being part of a territorial dispute. SEC rules forbid HQs of corporations being created in or relocated to disputed territories. Due to this you can not move your HQ here."
Even though we own the station and have a TCU in 9uy. Guess this is coupled to outdated SOV mechanics?

iHub Ownership
When we placed and entosist an iHub, it got registered as being owned by the Exec Corp even though the person doing the
Entosis is not part of the exec corp, he is member of a different alliance corp.
Is this intentional? Can we transfer ihub ownerships somehow?

TCU
We had a TCU and iHub at Planet I in 9uy (the one with the broken ihub).
The TCU was fully functional and claimed BRAVE. I passed by and scooped it into my cargo. Why was I able to scoop it even though I am not int he owning Exec Corp?
That did nothing to the system, it was still claimed to BRAVE. There was no notification about TCU loss.
Then I tried to deploy it again at the exact same location and got an error (I believe notAPlanet?).
Once downtime hit, the system got marked as unclaimed.
I moved to a different planet, and there I could deploy it without a problem.

Vulnerability Window
Not sure where the option is hidden to configure the vulnerability window? Or where we can define a system being the Designated Capital System?

Steam
Is there an option for Steam users to get on Duality?

TCU II
Even though a systen is unclaimed (no active TCU), the UI (upper left corner) and Solarsystem Show Info shows a vuln window for the TCU.

TCU III
Redeployed the previously scooped TCU and entosist it. No notification. And for me the system was marked as unclaimed (for others it correctly switched to being claimed as brave). This fixed itself once I did a session change.
SilentAsTheGrave
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2015-06-16 18:01:16 UTC
Tappits wrote:
SilentAsTheGrave wrote:
I must admit I'm not a fan of how the market is. Constantly having alliance tournament ship, faction fit pirate battleships and 100 ISK triage carriers dropping on me left and right doesn't exactly feel realistic. Toss in everyone rocking high grade pirate implants...

*sigh*

No way to curb it down a bit before the thing starts?


IDK but it feels pretty normal for PL fleets. We are having to downgrade our fits compared to main server and it makes me feal like a scrub

I get that. I'm not asking for some fair fight. I just want the obvious dumb stuff addressed. Alliance tournament ships seeded needs to be gone. Self destructing capitals to avoid jump fatigue going back to base. Maybe these things won't be abused come Thursday? You and I both know they will. lol
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#35 - 2015-06-16 18:43:24 UTC
If you're looking for factions mods, you might have some luck raiding what is left in the major hubs for sale. You'll need isk (I suggest self-destructing capitals) as the price is copied from TQ.

And in regards to the indexes again:
Will they remain at the static level or will they degrade? And I'm not entirely sure how they work once dove is transferred, so will the index hold, or will the final days of the test be at pretty much sov 0 for all systems?
Milai Isagar
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#36 - 2015-06-16 19:43:51 UTC
Will we need to keep the indicies up and can we increase them during the test? or are they set for the duration?
Also... i'm assuming when we get control of our stations properly we will have enough offices for corps for the obvious corp hangar reasons :)
Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#37 - 2015-06-16 20:07:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Gabriel Karade
CCP Habakuk wrote:
Gabriel Karade wrote:
CCP Lebowski wrote:
Gabriel Karade wrote:
Found a pretty critical bug on duality - can I pm someone?

(assuming I can't use normal petition route as it is Duality...)
You can send me a mail if you wish, but the best strategy would be to report the bug in client (F12 -> Report Bug), or failing that, through our website: https://community.eveonline.com/support/bug-reports/

I've submitted it through the client, didn't realise it logs automatically - neat feature.

Quite an amusing 'bug' (if it is one - might just be me, will try logging in tomorrow); would cause all sorts of fun and mayhem on TQ.... Pirate


Thank you for your report. It seems like you managed to find a very rare edge-case with ships containing drones, which are several years old. I assume that this would also be reproducible on Singularity.
Heh, well, I guess if you're going to break something, have a proper crack at it... Cool

Thanks for the hint, I can confirm removing all the drone-containing ships resolved the problem \o/

Blink

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

AARC
Hallowed are The ORI
Invictus Legion
#38 - 2015-06-16 20:57:07 UTC
kiu Nakamura wrote:
Maybe my earlier post got ignored as it was a link.

Bug report / Feedback

IHUB
IHUB is not recognized as being in 9uy. It is there in space, belongs to brave holdings, but the UI insists on that another IHUB can be deployed. When you try to deploy another ihub, you get a message that there is already an IHUB.
Enemies can actually entosis the IHUB, but after repairing that, the IHUB is still not recognized.

Station management
The button for station management in the Offices list, sometimes doesnt show up. Need to redock to see that button.

Command Nodes
Command Nodes do not show up on DSCAN or Probe Scan even though the devblog says otherwise.

Move HQ
Could not move our HQ due to:
"SEC regards the location you are in as being part of a territorial dispute. SEC rules forbid HQs of corporations being created in or relocated to disputed territories. Due to this you can not move your HQ here."
Even though we own the station and have a TCU in 9uy. Guess this is coupled to outdated SOV mechanics?

iHub Ownership
When we placed and entosist an iHub, it got registered as being owned by the Exec Corp even though the person doing the
Entosis is not part of the exec corp, he is member of a different alliance corp.
Is this intentional? Can we transfer ihub ownerships somehow?

TCU
We had a TCU and iHub at Planet I in 9uy (the one with the broken ihub).
The TCU was fully functional and claimed BRAVE. I passed by and scooped it into my cargo. Why was I able to scoop it even though I am not int he owning Exec Corp?
That did nothing to the system, it was still claimed to BRAVE. There was no notification about TCU loss.
Then I tried to deploy it again at the exact same location and got an error (I believe notAPlanet?).
Once downtime hit, the system got marked as unclaimed.
I moved to a different planet, and there I could deploy it without a problem.

Vulnerability Window
Not sure where the option is hidden to configure the vulnerability window? Or where we can define a system being the Designated Capital System?

Steam
Is there an option for Steam users to get on Duality?

TCU II
Even though a systen is unclaimed (no active TCU), the UI (upper left corner) and Solarsystem Show Info shows a vuln window for the TCU.

TCU III
Redeployed the previously scooped TCU and entosist it. No notification. And for me the system was marked as unclaimed (for others it correctly switched to being claimed as brave). This fixed itself once I did a session change.


HQ can never be moved to a system that can be take over by another alliance, Only locations you can move your corporate HQ to are stations in high-sec, low-sec and NPC null-sec. (NPC Null-sec because those stations cannot be conquered.)
Blue Ice
Incognito Mode
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#39 - 2015-06-17 00:19:17 UTC
please name command nodes A B C D etc.

e.g.
9UY4-H Station Command Node A

or any way to differentiate them.
kiu Nakamura
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#40 - 2015-06-17 00:21:21 UTC
Blue Ice wrote:
please name command nodes A B C D etc.

e.g.
9UY4-H Station Command Node A

or any way to differentiate them.


Or fix them so they show up on the probe results (see above in my bugreport) so they have a unique ID.