These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hiding from wardecs.

Author
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#41 - 2015-06-14 10:51:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
OP your corp sounds terrible, I'm going to do things to them starting next weekend. Fun haters must be punished.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#42 - 2015-06-14 11:40:00 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
OP your corp sounds terrible, I'm going to do things to them starting next weekend. Fun haters must be punished.

Agreed Big smile. Oh btw OP and Vimsy either of you wanna come along to a NPSI Wh Eviction in 2 weeks Smile. mail me if you are lol

CoolCool

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Tomski Ruslav
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2015-06-14 12:44:44 UTC
Freya Sertan wrote:
Demerius Xenocratus wrote:
Enjoy being ganked by a T3 blob.

*if you undock solo against typical highsec pvp'ers.

Yeah, but at least I'm doing SOMETHING. I'd rather lose a few ships defending the corp than hide out in WoW or whatever other candy land they are hiding in.

Move some ships to a nearby fw low sec system, enjoy pvp, piracy and the thrills of eve.
You sound like someone who dont take this game to seriously, and isnt afraid to pvp solo, lose ships, and do it all over again. So keep up the good work. Heck, i'll come fly with you in low sec if you want Pirate

One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#44 - 2015-06-14 18:47:05 UTC
I like how you implied that things that happen in lowsec are actually piracy. Which is absolutely hilarious.

Also if you want to kill an aggressor in highsec your best bet is to find one or two of them with a neutral scout and follow them around as they try and hunt somebody down, then drop on them with 5-10 of your closest, least incompetent friends.

People like us are so not threatened by the activities of a defender that we're typically not paying very much attention to what's going on outside of the specific individual we are targeting and will engage basically any single ship without even looking at who it belongs to so we'll easily fall for traps.

At some point I should probably write a guide on how to kill me.
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2015-06-15 00:11:40 UTC
Eh what was that about your corp not fighting? Bad neighbors just got dunked pretty hard. Vigilant and 1b ISK proteus down in Uedama.

5 provincia septim guys on the mail with 4 gilas and a domi so either someone got alts into that corp in record time or they do in fact know how to fight.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#46 - 2015-06-15 01:31:12 UTC
Eh what was that about your corp not fighting? Bad neighbors just got dunked pretty hard. Vigilant and 1b ISK proteus down in Uedama.

5 provincia septim guys on the mail with 4 gilas and a domi so either someone got alts into that corp in record time or they do in fact know how to fight.

Thats even worse.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

malcovas Henderson
THoF
#47 - 2015-06-15 08:03:09 UTC
This is a serious problem within EvE. War Decs are a perfect opportunity for Small to middling Hi Sec Corps, to experience that EvE is MORE than isk per hour.

Back in my "youth" we were WD by a respected member of the WD community. With a little intel we found out he had WD'd 2 more corps within our zones. A little diplomacy later all three Corps banded against this aggressor. Of course he could not compete against us, and left us be.

This new found "alliance" brought 3 corps together. We knew we had power in numbers, and learned a lot about PvP. We moved to Null. had even more fun there.

Even though my corp at the time had a lot of Experience in WH space, the other 2 corps had not. 1 WD opened up a whole new world for those 2 corps.

EvE is about making your own story using what is happening all around you. WD's are a good opportunity to inject a little "excitement" within "YOUR" story.
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#48 - 2015-06-15 09:56:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Tora Bushido
I had the same problem when I started in Eve. Frustrating, so I left the corp and joined CWT Mercs. To bad OP left corp already. I would have SRP'ed your first few losses.....if any.

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2015-06-15 10:50:22 UTC
blueballing is pvp too

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#50 - 2015-06-15 11:02:10 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
blueballing is pvp too

It it. I use it as a tactic to ween the numbers of my adversary when they are too strong. however it is a double edged blade and must be wielded with caution

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#51 - 2015-06-15 12:33:30 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
Don't mind Veers. He's a good guy, just not quite right in the head.
The backwards thinkings have been permanently engraved into his brain. We've tried to help him, but he's resistant to all known forms of treatment.
Best to smile and nod and disregard his lunacy.

And whatever you do, do not make eye contact. We're pretty sure that's how the crazy is spread.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#52 - 2015-06-15 14:03:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
Blueballing individual fights you can't win makes sense. Blueballing an entire war by nor undocking at all on the assumption that it will result in a shorter war is questionable at best.

For one its not fun or interesting for you, secondly there's also no guarantee that corp members will all do it and not decide to go mining by themselves and die anyway, thirdly it might not even work, god knows I've kept corps that refuse to undock decced for multiple weeks just to see how long it takes for them to start losing members.

Blueballing should really be used as a part of a larger guerilla strategy for maximum fun and effectiveness.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#53 - 2015-06-16 02:43:09 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Blueballing individual fights you can't win makes sense. Blueballing an entire war by nor undocking at all on the assumption that it will result in a shorter war is questionable at best.

For one its not fun or interesting for you, secondly there's also no guarantee that corp members will all do it and not decide to go mining by themselves and die anyway, thirdly it might not even work, god knows I've kept corps that refuse to undock decced for multiple weeks just to see how long it takes for them to start losing members.

Blueballing should really be used as a part of a larger guerilla strategy for maximum fun and effectiveness.

Considering the endless whining from the "elite pvp" players about the folks who just drop corp or go dock up and play on alts, it seems pretty darn effective.
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#54 - 2015-06-16 02:59:57 UTC
I think what you are talking about and what I am talking about is not quite the same thing.
Ju0ZaS
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2015-06-16 09:14:12 UTC

Bet that domi had neuts. One of the best baits for a couple of nasty cruisers which are pretty cap relient.

Are you going to fight me or do you expect to bore me to death with your forum pvp?

Tarojan
Tarojan Corporation
#56 - 2015-06-16 09:50:52 UTC
I thought the whole point of the "dock up for the week and DONT GIVE THEM A KILL OR WE KICK YOU!!!1" wasn't because they are scared of losing stuff. Its because if you show another group you will provide content for them you will aquire a new "friend". In fact you may aquire several of them and your previous game of high seccy spaceshippy carebearness has just become "hey we might as well be in low sec pvping... wait why don't we just goto low sec?"

Not so much fear of losing a ship as an awareness that if you did you wouldn't be left alone. Thats why Goons blueball black legion rite? and why people laugh at brave for being farm content for pl.

Will gank for food

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#57 - 2015-06-16 09:57:49 UTC
Tarojan wrote:
I thought the whole point of the "dock up for the week and DONT GIVE THEM A KILL OR WE KICK YOU!!!1" wasn't because they are scared of losing stuff. Its because if you show another group you will provide content for them you will aquire a new "friend". In fact you may aquire several of them and your previous game of high seccy spaceshippy carebearness has just become "hey we might as well be in low sec pvping... wait why don't we just goto low sec?"

Not so much fear of losing a ship as an awareness that if you did you wouldn't be left alone. Thats why Goons blueball black legion rite? and why people laugh at brave for being farm content for pl.

I think you underestimate how effective killing the wardeccers can be. Most will only keep 1-2 wars that fight back at a time.

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#58 - 2015-06-16 10:35:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
I wouldnt want to undock in HS during a wardec either. Simply because you cant tell what (how many neutral alts) you're going to face. LowSec or 0.0 on the other hand is a different story.
Elenahina
No.Mercy
Triumvirate.
#59 - 2015-06-16 13:45:01 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
I wouldnt want to undock in HS during a wardec either. Simply because you cant tell what (how many neutral alts) you're going to face. LowSec or 0.0 on the other hand is a different story.

Nullsec is easy. Shoot first and let the diplos sort out the mess.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Rawmeat Mary
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#60 - 2015-06-16 14:02:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Rawmeat Mary
Robert Caldera wrote:

Nah mate, in LowSec or 0.0 you know how many people you face in Local, but never how many on the other side of the cyno.

'If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins onto their clothing. And if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order.'

Yeah, we're like that.