These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Advice on a Raven Fit. (Lvl 4 Missions)

Author
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#41 - 2015-06-08 05:18:14 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
Plz don't fit Pith X-type deadspace mods to a friggin' Raven for cripes sake. It'll just make you a gank target, cost more than the entire ship, require months to pay off, and give you absolutely zero increase in isk efficiency. But if you are short on CPU still, I suggest Caldari Navy hardeners. Those are fairly cheap, give the same or better resists (I forget exactly) and use a lot less CPU than T2. They are worth the investment. The rest of your mids and highs can be downgraded to meta for additional fitting resource savings.

a lot of deadspace gear is hilariously cheap these days.
x-type booster 83mil, less than the 100mil dread gurista/caldari navy x-l booster that used to go on nearly every raven, these days I'd say go with a cheap c-type xl booster at ~30m
x-type hardeners 20-75mil

that said none of it is needed and I'd rather spend isk on damage mods.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Amanda Chan
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2015-06-08 05:54:48 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Soldarius wrote:
Plz don't fit Pith X-type deadspace mods to a friggin' Raven for cripes sake. It'll just make you a gank target, cost more than the entire ship, require months to pay off, and give you absolutely zero increase in isk efficiency. But if you are short on CPU still, I suggest Caldari Navy hardeners. Those are fairly cheap, give the same or better resists (I forget exactly) and use a lot less CPU than T2. They are worth the investment. The rest of your mids and highs can be downgraded to meta for additional fitting resource savings.

a lot of deadspace gear is hilariously cheap these days.
x-type booster 83mil, less than the 100mil dread gurista/caldari navy x-l booster that used to go on nearly every raven, these days I'd say go with a cheap c-type xl booster at ~30m
x-type hardeners 20-75mil

that said none of it is needed and I'd rather spend isk on damage mods.

Agreed, with some smart shopping. You'll find some deadspace swag giving better performance, cheaper fitting then faction AND being cheaper.

isk efficiency is silly talk. Might as well fly a rookie ship and rat in high sec belts for max isk efficiency. The isk/hour is terrible but hey it's EFFICIENT.

When fitting ships for missioning it comes down to 3 important factors that aren't easily quantifiable:
1) Price point - Can you afford to lose it? Remember the age old term, you gotta spend money to make money.

2) Time - Not everybody has unlimited time. Say I only have an hour to play. I can either go with a cheap fit and finish a mission in 30 minutes, doing 2 in an hour. Go with a more expensive fit and finish a mission in 20 minutes, doing 3 an hour.

3) Safety - There people overtank their ships, but it gives them peace of mind for all missions. Good luck trying to talk them out of it.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#43 - 2015-06-10 01:32:47 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Don't fit a MJD on any cruise missile boat for any L4 you can shoot far enough to hit 97% of targets without even moving. You should fit a mwd it is much more universally useful and you will save a lot of time using it over a MJD. Kite a bit, blast what you need to unlock the gate and gtfo.

And exactly how will you get out to range when just about every l4 mission in the game drops you at 0 on the rats? Gonna MWD all over the place? Whoops, out of cap. Now you're tackled by elite frigates, with no way to rep. wut do? buh-bye raven. Hope you bought insurance.

As for getting to that accel gate 45km away, just make sure to jump to a position roughly 100km from the gate. With so little dps pressure from the rats, maintaining positional awareness is easy and good practice for new pilots. Basically, just kite around the accel gate using your MJD.

As I said I came up the raven / Golan route and even when my skills were just about like this guy's I ran a mwd raven with two hardners it worked great. Turn and burn cut mwd kite, pulse mwd as needed, no cap issues. Btw, if you are in a missile boat and you have anything beyond ZERO concern about frigs you should never pilot a pve missile boat ever again because you are epic levels of fail!

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Maldiro Selkurk
Radiation Sickness
#44 - 2015-06-10 01:38:51 UTC
Amanda Chan wrote:
Soldarius wrote:
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:
Don't fit a MJD on any cruise missile boat for any L4 you can shoot far enough to hit 97% of targets without even moving. You should fit a mwd it is much more universally useful and you will save a lot of time using it over a MJD. Kite a bit, blast what you need to unlock the gate and gtfo.

And exactly how will you get out to range when just about every l4 mission in the game drops you at 0 on the rats? Gonna MWD all over the place? Whoops, out of cap. Now you're tackled by elite frigates, with no way to rep. wut do? buh-bye raven. Hope you bought insurance.

As for getting to that accel gate 45km away, just make sure to jump to a position roughly 100km from the gate. With so little dps pressure from the rats, maintaining positional awareness is easy and good practice for new pilots. Basically, just kite around the accel gate using your MJD.

If you're fitting a MWD/AB over a MJD, the assumption is you can take the level 4 to the face without blinking. A MJD has 2 main uses in missions:
1) Go light on tank for max spank
2) For those who are paranoid about losing their ship a MJD will work against rat's point, allowing you to jump 100 km away and warp out.

Wrong, you turn and burn for about 8 to 10 secs than kite, pulsing mwd as needed, easy even with mediocre skills. MJD is a pve mission running waste of time on a cruise missile boat.

Yawn,  I'm right as usual. The predictability kinda gets boring really.

Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#45 - 2015-06-10 02:44:15 UTC
Maldiro Selkurk wrote:

As I said I came up the raven / Golan route and even when my skills were just about like this guy's I ran a mwd raven with two hardners it worked great. Turn and burn cut mwd kite, pulse mwd as needed, no cap issues. Btw, if you are in a missile boat and you have anything beyond ZERO concern about frigs you should never pilot a pve missile boat ever again because you are epic levels of fail!

There is ONE dangerous thing in any PvE enounter, thats the ships that point you so you cant get away if you pop to many triggers. You didnt pay attentiona nd popped all the triggers in a missions and cant tank it, warp!

Maldiro Selkurk wrote:

Wrong, you turn and burn for about 8 to 10 secs than kite, pulsing mwd as needed, easy even with mediocre skills. MJD is a pve mission running waste of time on a cruise missile boat.

MJD = less tank needed and alot more capacitor efficient than MWD. Your corect on the running away = waste of time tho, most missions you can face tank without shield booster when you get decent skills (i still have a booster on my ship for when im to lasy to look at triggers)

When low skilled you want the most cap/skill effective tank you can get, that happens to be MJD, use it some times and you should hit gates in 2 jumps (away + back to gate) and with low skills you will be there killing stuff anyway so why not wait for MJD to get ready :P
Previous page123