These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Cheat sheet new overview icons

Author
Eria Quint
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2015-06-09 11:22:56 UTC
Hi,

On updates.eveonline.com I saw an image with the new overview icons. However this one is not printer "friendly" due to the background

Would it be possible to make the overview icons image available as a pdf in a printer-friendly version or to make that image at least available with a light(er) background then we can create a PDF cheat sheet of it.

If not possible, no problem. But thought other might be interested a well to have a printed version of the new overview icons available.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#2 - 2015-06-09 11:27:36 UTC
Oh my gooooooooooooooooooooood it's not that hard.

Just carry on as normal, you'll absorb them in a week or so
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#3 - 2015-06-09 11:45:41 UTC
WHY ARE THE MTU'S SHOOTING BACK?!?

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#4 - 2015-06-09 12:00:14 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:

A wreck bubbled me yesterday :(
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-06-09 12:24:19 UTC
The wrecks are moving ERMERGERD! Internet Spaceship Zombie Apocalypse guize!

I still see all frigs as moving wrecks in the overview no matter what I do. Sad

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-06-09 12:25:48 UTC
Eria Quint wrote:
Hi,

On updates.eveonline.com I saw an image with the new overview icons. However this one is not printer "friendly" due to the background

Would it be possible to make the overview icons image available as a pdf in a printer-friendly version or to make that image at least available with a light(er) background then we can create a PDF cheat sheet of it.

If not possible, no problem. But thought other might be interested a well to have a printed version of the new overview icons available.

In any serious fight, by the time you found the icon on your little sheet, you'll already be dead (or the target is already dead). Either way, you do realize that the class name of the ship shows up right there in the overview right? About 100 times easier than looking up items in a cheat sheet.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Ferni Ka'Nviiou
Doomheim
#7 - 2015-06-09 12:36:35 UTC
Here OP, I've got something for you. It's inverted (obviously), but it should definitely be printer-friendly.

http://i.imgur.com/7iRQNLn.png
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#8 - 2015-06-09 12:56:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Rowells
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:
Here OP, I've got something for you. It's inverted (obviously), but it should definitely be printer-friendly.

STAHP BEEIN HELPFUL WAT R U DOIN

Btw you have a very striking resemblance to OP. Momentary confusion here.
Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-06-09 13:34:12 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:
The wrecks are moving ERMERGERD! Internet Spaceship Zombie Apocalypse guize!

I still see all frigs as moving wrecks in the overview no matter what I do. Sad

Stop shooting at Minmatar pilots then.
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#10 - 2015-06-09 14:38:26 UTC
Rixx Javic made a pdf cheatsheet -- I'm not sure if it's printer friendly.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#11 - 2015-06-09 15:03:47 UTC
Yarda Black wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:

A wreck bubbled me yesterday :(

I jumped a gate and there was a cruiser camp on the other side. They look like houses, I thought I had landed on Boardwalk. Then I landed back in a station sans spaceship lol.
kyoukoku
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2015-06-09 16:09:56 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:
Rixx Javic made a pdf cheatsheet -- I'm not sure if it's printer friendly.

Yep, he created Light & Dark HQ PDFs and posted here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/38uezm/rjs_icon_guide_wallpaper_and_pdf_download/
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#13 - 2015-06-09 20:34:52 UTC
Ill see your Icon thread, and raise you a Cartoon platypus fighting a Pharmacist with a bratwurst with star wars music in the background.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2015-06-09 20:38:49 UTC
Oh and I just found out today that hovering over the icon actually TELLS you what the icon means. So... stop b*tching.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#15 - 2015-06-09 20:49:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
TigerXtrm wrote:
Oh and I just found out today that hovering over the icon actually TELLS you what the icon means. So... stop b*tching.

Its more about recognizability at the first glance, now sometimes you have to search for something there, as elements dont pop out by their wireframe as good as the former ones.
Paranoid Loyd
#16 - 2015-06-09 20:55:57 UTC
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:

There is an error on this, not a big one but industrials are barns without a foundation not with. Not sure what mining barge is but that is the icon for industrials.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

DrSmegma
Smegma United
#17 - 2015-06-09 21:57:24 UTC
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:

This is why I don't undock anymore.

Scary **** happens if you undock.

Eve too complicated? Try Astrum Regatta.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#18 - 2015-06-09 22:08:55 UTC
Speaking of which, is there a way to show asteroid icons in the screen? I se them there but only see them in overview.
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#19 - 2015-06-09 23:36:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Shederov Blood
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:

There is an error on this, not a big one but industrials are barns without a foundation not with. Not sure what mining barge is but that is the icon for industrials.
Looks like they changed it again.
I know we checked and double-checked these a few days ago, but now industrials really are barns with foundations.
Bizarre.

Edit:
Patch notes for Carnyx 1.4
Noctis, Industrial Ships and the Orca should now have proper icons in the Interbus Ship Identification System.

So if you need to know what the icon is for any ship type, you can ask ISIS.

Who put the goat in there?

Paranoid Loyd
#20 - 2015-06-09 23:38:18 UTC
Shederov Blood wrote:
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Ferni Ka'Nviiou wrote:

Looks like they changed it again.
I know we checked and double-checked these a few days ago, but now industrials really are barns with foundations.
Bizarre.

Straight

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

12Next page