These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

POS Hunting

Author
Nicola Romanoff
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#1 - 2015-06-08 16:25:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicola Romanoff
I've read on more than one occasion that POS Hunting can be fun in terms of looking for offline POS and stealing all their things. But I've a couple questions as I've never done this.

1: What would be a decent ships to do this in for the various space sec statuses (looking for offline POS with various hangers)
2: What are the best things to show on the overview? currently I have control towers and force fields

I've hunted for a few and I have found offline POSes although generally just the stick, in these times Ive been in a frigate so probably not ideal anyway.

Any advise would be great.
William Weatherwax
Three-Headed Monkeys
#2 - 2015-06-08 17:02:09 UTC
Well, the loot would be most likely in the SMA or the CHA so I would add those :-)
As long as you are in HS the security status shouldn't matter as you would anyway have to wardec the corp first before you engage the POS. Keep in mind that DPS ships which rely on Ammo (missile/projectile) will have to eventually reload.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2015-06-08 17:52:27 UTC
Good luck, didn't find any (tower, sma, no force field) yet and I'm scanning every hole and null system I'm traveling through ... with enough ammo for a couple of reloads, a frig is sufficient. My biggest fear is, I find one deep in null/WH space and I don't have the skills to pilot the ships out UghBlink

I'm my own NPC alt.

Nicola Romanoff
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#4 - 2015-06-08 18:46:11 UTC
thanks for the replies, ill add those options to the overview.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#5 - 2015-06-08 19:31:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
Go through the structures bit in the overview and remove all the defensive modules. Make sure you have all the labs on there. If you are specifically looking for towers then probes with covops is best. Either warp there to check forcefield or isolate on dscan to check.

If not then check Pirate's Little Helper for the POS dscan tool.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Nicola Romanoff
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#6 - 2015-06-09 16:19:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicola Romanoff
Thanks Zappity, Ill readjust overview again. I added the CMA and SMA to it and actually found (well my main did) a lonesome SMA sitting in space, no tower or anything, I killed it but nothing dropped :(

What I did was warp to each planet, set D-Scan to 1-AU then scanned, depending on the results I narrowed it down (thats how I found the SMA). I find this way efficient, but not sure if it is the most efficient, i guess it depends how many planets there are.
SFM Hobb3s
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-06-09 16:58:14 UTC
While ur at it make sure you put on your overview whatever-it-is they used to call supercap assembly arrays. Because, obligatory death to all supers n'all.
Stalence
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#8 - 2015-06-22 16:14:30 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
Good luck, didn't find any (tower, sma, no force field) yet and I'm scanning every hole and null system I'm traveling through ... with enough ammo for a couple of reloads, a frig is sufficient. My biggest fear is, I find one deep in null/WH space and I don't have the skills to pilot the ships out UghBlink

Blow up whatever you can't fly or haul out. Or sell the intel to some nearby resident.

Member of #tweetfleet @stalence // Templis CALSF // YouTube Channel

Amak Boma
Dragon Factory
#9 - 2015-06-23 08:27:10 UTC
scan some c4 wormhole chains you will eventually find something i've got couple of prorators and impels few times got domi , procurer stratios and smaller things sush astero buzzard. some wh corp moved out recently leaving goodies behind.

chance you find offline pos with hangars in wormhole space is pretty small but you can give a try. you may also seek in some nullsecs there can be found some abandoned towers with hangars to shot too. use purifier/confessor for hangar tear-aparts. as their hp is not big so they will go down fast . even cheap coercer will work