These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[ISK6] ♥ ♦ Eve Online Hold'Em ♣ ♠ -- EVE's Oldest Gaming Establishment

First post First post First post
Author
Topher Spirit
KarmaFleet University
#1961 - 2015-04-10 00:50:34 UTC
I enjoy EOH, and play on a regular basis. However, as a realitively new EVE player, I believe some more lower cost tournaments should exist, even if you have to wait for them. It can be hard as new player to come up with 54 mil on a regular basis (if you only prefer tournament style) the 28's aren't offered as much as should be, and maybe some 16's might do well. Yes they would take a while to fill, yet sometimes that all a newbie can afford to bet.
~Topher o7
Urza Argive
Zodiac Kingdom
#1962 - 2015-04-19 15:01:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Urza Argive
I really enjoy poker and EOH is the only way to get that fix for isk.

Pros:
Great banking staff. The bankers are always very friendly and responsive in chat.
Reliable Deposits. I have yet to withdraw money from EOH but all of my deposits have gone through quickly with no hassle.
That it exists. You want to play poker for isk? Well you can here and I'm not aware of any other trustworthy sites to do so.
Freerolls. Who doesn't like free isk?

Cons:
Little game variety. Your options for playing cash games are limited to only No Limit Hold-em. There is a little bit of diversity in the tournament styles but you are looking at mostly turbo style double or nothings there. This con is pretty minor as NLH is the most popular and new player friendly game of poker so it makes sense that it is most of what is available.
Small player base. When I played EOH a few years ago there were usually two ring games running and tournaments where firing fairly quickly but now it is tough to get a ring game started at all except during peak hours and you will have to wait quite a while for a tournament to fill.
Poor time bank management. Dealing with the time bank has been the most frustrating part of the interface so far. Once action is to you you have 10 seconds to either make an action or request more time. If you request more time you will start to use part of your 30 second time bank after the 10 seconds have elapsed and the 30 second time bank doesn't recover to my knowledge so once you use it a few times it will be gone for the rest of your session at the table. I've timed out of a lot of hands because I was trying to make a decision and then size my bet but didn't click request more time quick enough or requested more time only to find out I didn't have any time bank left.

The cons list looks a lot longer but only because it is a lot easier to nit-pick than it is to explain what is going right. Also the small player base issue could easily be fixed by you coming and playing and helping to start games.

Overall I would recommend EOH to anyone who enjoys playing NL Texas Hold-em. I think the interface could use a lot of work as I don't think it has been updated in at least 4 years but the program is still serviceable and lets you play some poker for isk and how great poker is more than makes up for any shortcomings or lack of features in the client.
Takklemaggot
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1963 - 2015-04-19 17:19:12 UTC

The bankers are friendly and helpful. They are quick to set up custom games when asked. (such as heads up, heads up all in, winner takes all, etc.)

The games can be slow to start sometimes, but that's simply due to not enough people currently signing up.

DT games are a great way to make isk people. Why aren't you playing yet?
Garned
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1964 - 2015-04-30 15:18:59 UTC
Played my first game several years ago im glad that eoh-poker is still alive in eve thanks for so much fun winning and loosing money Lol
Whyte Choco
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1965 - 2015-05-07 06:07:26 UTC
Awesome idea Love me some poker
EOH Sephi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1966 - 2015-05-13 06:19:11 UTC  |  Edited by: EOH Sephi
Want some crazy cheap fun?

Well, LOOK NO FURTHER!

For Wednesday May 13th we shall be doing a game type not seen in a rather long time. Now what is that game type you wonder?

Well it so happens to be we will be using that lovely table 36! Not sure which one it is? Well its the hidden gem named the SUPER DEATHBALL! Sounds exciting right?

Well, we are going to make it spicier! Want a game with super fast blinds? Crazy balls to the walls action? And a reason to aim for the kill?

That's Right! I will be hosting A Super Deathball Headhunter.

And even better than that, I will be doing TWO OF THEM! One at 20:00 and the second at 2:00! Buyins will be 28m Per player. Our Goal is to hit 25 Players within 30 Minutes!

Payouts for 25 Players will be:

First Place: 187.5m
Second Place: 112.5m
Third Place: 75m

And every knockout will be rewarded with 10m, So you can win an extra 250m by claiming a supreme Victory!

Help me create a crazy funny evening of EOH Poker! There will be hours of time between these games where I will be honouring special requests, if we get support to run them, WE WILL!

Want a ship game? Let's do it, Want a Plex Game? You got it!

Why not start the fun early at 18:00? Why not keep the fun going until 6:00? I Will see you guys there! BRING FRIENDS!
EOH Sephi
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1967 - 2015-05-13 18:41:31 UTC
DEATHBALL BANKING MARATHON HAS BEGUN!
I WILL BE GOING UNTIL 6:00 MAY 14TH COME PLAY WITH US TODAY!
terzslave
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1968 - 2015-05-21 04:31:22 UTC
Am addicted, bye bye isk....
Teysa O'don
Frog Team Four
Of Essence
#1969 - 2015-05-23 01:34:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Teysa O'don
Since i found EOH i have the chance to duplicate the money wile im mining , win a tournament I feel sooo good

to be mining for the last H Blink
Drilla
Core Excavation Technologies
#1970 - 2015-06-05 20:11:43 UTC
Love the game of Poker and the EOH Poker solution is solid and fun.

Now I just need to win back a few bns Lol
EOH Events C4
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1971 - 2015-06-07 12:30:07 UTC
If you enjoy playing poker or wanting to learn to play poker you should give this try.

Thanks for all the comments folks!

Cash and tournament games for isk.
2 freerolls everyday.
3 freerolls on Friday and one of those is for 250M isk.
Games of all sizes, with buyins for as little as 28mill isk up to billions of isk
Masked Manhunter
Space Wizards.
Tactical Narcotics Team
#1972 - 2015-06-10 00:56:35 UTC
EOH is a great service! Legit and fun!
MissleWarrior
Court of Madness
We The Foundation
#1973 - 2015-06-22 03:25:11 UTC
Eoh Is great fun! good staff and good compitition. Bored in between fleets? or bashing a PoS? Hop in a poker game to pass the time, it helps alot! Thanks EOH!
MECHcore
Saiyans United
#1974 - 2015-07-01 05:34:23 UTC
Legit and the place to be Cool

Leguminous Spaceman
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1975 - 2015-07-04 09:35:49 UTC
I've been an on/off player for the past several years, and since my first session playing EVE and my most recent one that I just restarted, I've gambled my indy little heart out with these guys. Friendly, helpful, and honest staff are always around to help, and their 3rd party software never crashes or has any issues. Give it a shot! Tourneys start as low as 28M I think!
Leah Azron
Wodka Connaisseur Society
#1976 - 2015-07-14 21:56:00 UTC
Easy to get into, and highly enjoyable! Cheers to EOH Ixylon for getting me into it. ISK ISK baby!
Naplan
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#1977 - 2015-07-19 23:32:27 UTC
I just added up my total withdrawals versus my total deposits and I've made 30b playing poker on EOH! Come join the fun where you can actually make some isk too!!! Also I have never had an issue withdrawing my isk.
Sterling Xross
Hermetic Order of Explorers
#1978 - 2015-07-22 00:58:20 UTC
I was having issues with getting started and the staff instantly stopped what they were doing and walked me through the process. It was enjoyable and I look forward to seeing you at the tables.
Turgle Bopper
Weedbros United
#1979 - 2015-07-25 16:22:01 UTC
I've had a great time playing on Maven's. The community is great, and the bankers are extremely helpful. I recommend it to poker lovers everywhere.
EOH Events C4
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1980 - 2015-08-29 08:34:15 UTC
If you enjoy playing poker or wanting to learn to play poker you should give this try.

Thanks for all the comments folks!

Join eoh poker and eoh games :)

Cash and tournament games for isk.
2 freerolls everyday.
3 freerolls on Friday and one of those is for 250M isk.
Games of all sizes, with buyins for as little as 28mill isk up to billions of isk