These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

what makes interceptors so costly

Author
Xorsis Sorsapesue
Uni Transport
#1 - 2015-06-06 00:51:25 UTC
What I have seen Rifters and Claw are somewhat same with statistics, why do Claws cost so much? Have I missed something?

N00b with Napoleon complex.

Roseline Penshar
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2015-06-06 01:20:29 UTC
Interceptor can't be bubbled, have better warp speed, have better speed, have better tank, have better align, etc
Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-06-06 01:22:19 UTC
Xorsis Sorsapesue wrote:
What I have seen Rifters and Claw are somewhat same with statistics, why do Claws cost so much? Have I missed something?


The cost is since its a T2 ship, so it need not only a T1 to make but extra materials + invented BPC to be made
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2015-06-06 05:53:15 UTC
Costs more to build interceptors.
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#5 - 2015-06-06 08:27:40 UTC
Eve seems to be designed around the 80-20 rule where you get 80% of the capability for 20% of the cost. When you get into the higher meta stuff it can be 99% of the capability for 1% of the cost. But that 1% can be the difference between winning or losing.

The market determines the price - if players didn't consider them worth the premium, they wouldn't sell.

Interceptors are popular not just for their primary combat role but fit for speed and agility they are practically impossible to catch making them the safest way to travel in null-sec.
Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#6 - 2015-06-06 08:32:44 UTC
The vast majority of Interceptors are built from invented prints so the costs include:
Blueprint copying
Datacore & Decryptor costs
Failures (if 50% of the prints fail the price of those which succeed is doubled)
T1 costs (all T2 items require a T1 item to build from - in the case of the Claw a Slasher is required)
Any other T1 materials (additional T1 minerals (generally Zydrine or Megacyte) are required by some prints)
Moon Materials
PI Materials
Morphite
Time
Profit

There is often something of a premium on anything which is considered "better" than the alternatives and the invented T2 market can be quite slow to react so the differential between the "best in class" ship and the "why would you even fly that?" ship can get quite high (I haven't checked in a while but the Malediction had a significant premium over the Ares at one point - because the Malediction was in significantly greater demand).
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#7 - 2015-06-06 08:33:00 UTC
all of the above + supply & demand
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2015-06-06 13:37:01 UTC
Cause they are Fast and Furious.

I personaly love Ceptors AU mark. +(2x HVO rigs) ...

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Omar Alharazaad
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-06-06 14:11:36 UTC
I'm fast and furious too.
This is actually a common complaint I get from the fat nurses I tend to bed.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Portiko
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2015-06-06 15:00:02 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Costs more to build interceptors.

The only correct answer in the thread

SDPPenter link description here

Send dick pics please...

Paranoid Loyd
#11 - 2015-06-06 17:02:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Portiko wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Costs more to build interceptors.

The only correct answer in the thread


I disagree.

Xorsis Sorsapesue wrote:
somewhat same with statistics


He is looking at the stats and doesn't understand why you would fly the more expensive one.

To me this means he doesn't have much combat experience and does not understand the difference in performance and utility an interceptor offers.

So IMO Roseline & Do Little gave the correct answer, or at least the one he was looking for.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2015-06-06 21:09:12 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:



He is looking at the stats and doesn't understand why you would fly the more expensive one.

To me this means he doesn't have much combat experience and does not understand the difference in performance and utility an interceptor offers.

So IMO Roseline & Do Little gave the correct answer, or at least the one he was looking for.


The only correct answer in the thread.

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2015-06-06 21:13:33 UTC
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
I'm fast and furious too.
This is actually a common complaint I get from the fat nurses I tend to bed.



The best answer in the thread.


"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#14 - 2015-06-06 21:40:36 UTC
Xorsis Sorsapesue wrote:
What I have seen Rifters and Claw are somewhat same with statistics, why do Claws cost so much? Have I missed something?
The rifter isn't the same role as claw. Try comparing slasher to claw. T2 interceptors are actually pretty damn cheap, compared to like AF's. The Hawk hull is like 26m, which is a pretty constant price. The rifter you would compare to wolf or jag for all your minmatar AF needs. Interceptors and AF's are not the same, even among their associated T1 versions.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#15 - 2015-06-06 23:00:20 UTC
Tiddle Jr wrote:
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
I'm fast and furious too.
This is actually a common complaint I get from the fat nurses I tend to bed.



The best answer in the thread.



Best acknowledgement in the thread
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-06-10 12:16:05 UTC
Xorsis Sorsapesue wrote:
What I have seen Rifters and Claw are somewhat same with statistics, why do Claws cost so much? Have I missed something?


Because 'ceptors do everything a T1 frig can, and much more. They also cost much more to make.

Simple as that.
Doctor Knuckles
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2015-06-10 15:08:35 UTC
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:
Xorsis Sorsapesue wrote:
What I have seen Rifters and Claw are somewhat same with statistics, why do Claws cost so much? Have I missed something?


Because 'ceptors do everything a T1 frig can,



well, no.
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#18 - 2015-06-10 17:31:47 UTC
Doctor Knuckles wrote:
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:
Xorsis Sorsapesue wrote:
What I have seen Rifters and Claw are somewhat same with statistics, why do Claws cost so much? Have I missed something?


Because 'ceptors do everything a T1 frig can,



well, no.


I didn't think i needed to mention the specialized frigs. Sure... a 'ceptor doesn't do pro target painting or ewar.
Demerius Xenocratus
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#19 - 2015-06-10 19:39:54 UTC
Because I like to go fast.
Dato Koppla
Kiwis In Space
Dock Workers
#20 - 2015-06-10 22:52:13 UTC
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:
Doctor Knuckles wrote:
Traejun DiSanctis wrote:
Xorsis Sorsapesue wrote:
What I have seen Rifters and Claw are somewhat same with statistics, why do Claws cost so much? Have I missed something?


Because 'ceptors do everything a T1 frig can,



well, no.


I didn't think i needed to mention the specialized frigs. Sure... a 'ceptor doesn't do pro target painting or ewar.


I don't think he's talking about comparing Ceptors to EAFs.

What he means is that in terms of actual combat ability, many T1 frigs can stomp the Ceptors easily.
12Next page