These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rename Hookbill

Author
Ran Cereya
Tactical Feed.
Pandemic Horde
#1 - 2015-06-05 01:34:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Ran Cereya
I think the Caldari Navy Hookbill should be renamed to the State Navy Hookbill because it frankly looks silly that the Hookbill has it's respective race in its name.

o7
Captain Krunch Krunch
cosV
#2 - 2015-06-05 01:38:13 UTC
I agree...
Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#3 - 2015-06-05 01:47:20 UTC
Federation Navy Comet
Imperial Navy Slicer
Republic Fleet Firetail
Caldari Navy hookbill

They all have 3 words, Faction/Navy/Hull exclusively in that order
Also nowhere else is it listed as the "State Navy" its has always been "Caldari Navy" Even the corporation is "Caldari Navy"

Why change it if it isnt broken? Or remotely close to broken?

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#4 - 2015-06-05 01:53:09 UTC
As opposed to all Caldari Navy ships, modules, implants, charges, and the likes? Why just the Hookbill?

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Ran Cereya
Tactical Feed.
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2015-06-05 02:53:19 UTC
Then change it all because it seems silly.
Christopher Mabata
#6 - 2015-06-05 03:00:57 UTC
Things dont get changed because they seem silly to a small number of people, things get changed because they need it or because they are broken.

This fits neither.

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

Aran Hotchkiss
Tactically Challenged
The Initiative.
#7 - 2015-06-05 03:40:11 UTC
Given that there's the Raven Navy Issue, which has a sister ship the Raven State Issue which I've never actually seen in space and has NO sell orders on EvE central, I think 'State' is reserved for limited edition or otherwise extremely rare/valuable ships, so I'll have to disagree with this idea

You should have enough control over your herd of cats to make them understand. If they constantly make misstakes, get better cats.

Christopher Mabata
#8 - 2015-06-05 03:43:48 UTC
Aran Hotchkiss wrote:
Given that there's the Raven Navy Issue, which has a sister ship the Raven State Issue which I've never actually seen in space and has NO sell orders on EvE central, I think 'State' is reserved for limited edition or otherwise extremely rare/valuable ships, so I'll have to disagree with this idea

State issue is reserved for that single hull, which was an Alliance tournament ship years ago ( i think the first or 2nd tourny of all ) its literally priceless and ive heard it can put out 2k+ DPS but i cant confirm it

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#9 - 2015-06-05 05:31:22 UTC
its a limited edition ship... Chribba currently has one for sale as of my last checking buddy of mine is one of the former owners of it.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#10 - 2015-06-05 08:44:55 UTC
Ran Cereya wrote:

I think most of Eve is silly, but I like how it is...again, most of it.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2015-06-05 10:15:45 UTC
Hookbill was always as Hookbill, same as others in class - Comet, Slicer, Firetail. I don't think anyone bother to pronounce the whole name of these ships. And those are very well known.

So why to bother if it's State Navy or Caldari Navy?!

Why do i even read that shite and responded here?!

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#12 - 2015-06-05 10:17:00 UTC
None issue.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2015-06-05 10:26:01 UTC
Ran Cereya wrote:

Renaming the entire navy of a faction, it's corporation, stations, LP store and every single faction item and ship is kind of a lot more effort than you just accepting that it's called the Caldari Navy and has been for twelve years...