These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

This is what eve si coming to: This is what CODE is: Pathetic.

First post First post
Author
CCP Falcon
#221 - 2015-06-03 21:08:25 UTC
This kind of activity has been going on for many years before CODE existed, and will continue for as long as EVE is around after CODE dies.

It's not new or innovative, and has been done quite literally thousands of times before.

It's also not against the rules. Be sure to protect your corporation from sabotage attempts.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#222 - 2015-06-03 21:11:28 UTC
Daww no Falcon punch

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#223 - 2015-06-03 21:11:52 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
This kind of activity has been going on for many years before CODE existed, and will continue for as long as EVE is around after CODE dies.

It's not new or innovative, and has been done quite literally thousands of times before.

It's also not against the rules. Be sure to protect your corporation from sabotage attempts.

Quoting for later.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#224 - 2015-06-03 21:45:27 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Falcon, this whole thread struck me as yet another self-publicity, "oh everyone look at me, I need attention," troll thread from the self-publicity, "oh everyone look at me, I need attention" department of CODE., complete with the usual moral outrage NPC alt that they use to head it.

Question is - why are you feeding the trolls?

Bad Falcon. Bold

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

GetSirrus
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#225 - 2015-06-03 21:45:48 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

Perhaps Falcon you would like to weigh on this from CODE.

http://www.minerbumping.com/2015/01/theres-always-excuse.html

Is this the kind of activity being going on for years before CODE existed? Pirates of High-Sec for years have been at pains to deny that their game play is not for the sadist. But I struggle to see how this type of posting (and endorsement from rank members) is anything else.
Paranoid Loyd
#226 - 2015-06-03 21:51:18 UTC
GetSirrus wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Is this the kind of activity being going on for years before CODE existed? Pirates of High-Sec for years have been at pains to deny that their game play is not for the sadist. But I struggle to see how this type of posting (and endorsement from rank members) is anything else.

What exactly is wrong with the post you linked?

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#227 - 2015-06-03 21:51:34 UTC

GetSirrus wrote:

I think Falcon's statement was quite clear. Did you want him to weigh in on every single non-EULA-breaking circumstance that personally offends you?

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Christopher Mabata
#228 - 2015-06-03 21:58:43 UTC
GetSirrus wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

There is nothing to weigh in on here, its journalism
People have been writting, twisting, creating, faking, and then applying a bias to stories about Eve for a decade.
There is no breach of the TOS or the EULA here, just a story to read and enjoy or in your case get upset about unnecessarily
Dont like it? Petition CODE to remove the page or block the page and never read it again. Its really that simple.

Also you keep comparing anyone who does anything with ganking to a sadist, but the difference is this is a video game and what a person does here doesnt mean they also do or engage in, or even resemble in reality. And im also 99.9% sure there is nothing in the TOS/EULA that says even if you were disturbed you cant play the game.

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

Josette Dugas
Industrial United Holdings
#229 - 2015-06-03 22:04:14 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

EVE is not an arena game. What you are doing here is exhibiting a misplaced sense of 'fairness' where it doesn't belong.

I'm not misplacing anything, you are ascribing motives not in evidence. People play this game for all kinds of reasons, if you get your LOLs out of taking out miners, noobs that have wandered into low sec, or whatever good for you, why should I care one way or another? By the same token if I give the same people a pass when I come across them I'm not doing it for any reason other than I get my LOL's doing other things. There is a whole world out there and maybe I feel like crashing a market or sitting in a dock day trading.

My point is there is nothing noble, heroic, or applause worthy about bumping miners. There is nothing shameful about giving a noob a pass if you don't feel like wasting the ammo or you feel like playing a long game for a bigger reward. This constant drumbeat to enoble an uber-aggressive, red = dead, no quarter playstyle is every bit as tiring as the carebears who whine about the fact that there are no covert ops mining rigs. I mean if it make you feel better or like your fulfilling some kind of unspoken mandate from above please, by all means, do what you want. Like I said I don't judge. But if someone else wants to play the game of avoiding PvP conflict I can't see how that is any less worthy or misplaced. I'm out there I've taken my hits without regret or tears. That's the game.

You hike your hike, I'll hike mine.
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#230 - 2015-06-03 22:27:42 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

What do you mean "*after Code dies*"???

I dont understand that part
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#231 - 2015-06-03 22:28:28 UTC
Josette Dugas wrote:

My point is there is nothing noble, heroic, or applause worthy about bumping miners.
Then nothing is praise worthy, because again, at the end of the day this is nothing but people sitting at the computer..

What funny about people like you is that you display a judgmental attitude ("A good fight for me is, extending your wild west metaphor, two combatants squaring off in a battle of skill and wits." remember your own words?) then act all huffy as if you don't hold judgmental opinions of others or what they are doing. A good fight is a fight which occurs within the rules of the game, a successful gank is a good fight, in the same way a successful escape from (or prevention of) a gank is.

I am not a ganker or scammer, that kind of gameplay does not get me off so to speak. I'm not advocating for that play style in the least (mainly because I don't give a flip about what others do). However I respect the fact that they play within the rules, and I play with them within those same rules. THEY are my content, my continued lack of losing anything of importance to them after 8 years while I 'bear' my ass off and fill my wallet right in front of them is not only a mark of pride for me as a PVEr and EVE Player, but proof that these whiney weaklings trying to metagame them away (by lobbying CCP at every turn for protection via game changes) are in fact idiots.

No one is talking about anything being noble or anything, I'm explaining the reality of EVE online, a reality that's flying completely over your head (as it does people who get ganked and then complain about it) for some reason as evidenced by your rambling posts. I read what you wrote and couldn't help but think of Kaarous Aldurald's signature:

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#232 - 2015-06-03 22:31:54 UTC
GetSirrus wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

That's so much butt hurt, it flew through my computer and made my arse itch. Now I need Nanite repair paste
Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#233 - 2015-06-03 22:36:13 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

What do you mean "*after Code dies*"???

I dont understand that part

I shouldn't be surprised. Roll
Groups come and go, form, reform, disband.
But even after all that, there is another group to carry on the same activities. Possibly with many of the same members.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#234 - 2015-06-03 22:57:12 UTC
GetSirrus wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

What are you talking about? That was hilarious.

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Valterra Craven
#235 - 2015-06-03 23:15:23 UTC
Elspeth Tezzeret wrote:

Code email:
"I urge you to consider your nullsec options. Not only is nullsec safer than hisec, it also supports it miners and industrialists. Frankly you will have more fun in a large nullsec alliance. "

The only thing I took from this was that a ganker admitted that highsec was more dangerous than null... :)
GetSirrus
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#236 - 2015-06-04 00:15:04 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
GetSirrus wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

How is a person suffering from cancer funny? And why should it ever to used for their humiliation?

This is the attraction to join New Order?! It's the magnet of a sociopath?
Christopher Mabata
#237 - 2015-06-04 00:20:35 UTC
GetSirrus wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
GetSirrus wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

How is a person suffering from cancer funny? And why should it ever to used for their humiliation?

1. We have 0 proof that any of what that person said was true, they could have been outright lying trying to make the ganker "Feel Bad" so they would get their ship replaced. It literally happens all the time.
2. There was more to that article than just that if you scrolled down
3. No the attraction is content. Fleets, killmails, tears, people to interact with on comms and make friends with ( using the word "Friends" lightly )
4. again with the comparing it to real life mental issues, without any proof of the person's condition your just engaging in virtual monkey poo slinging with no merit hoping some of it will stick like cooked pasta to a wall. See my above post for more details.

Paranoid Loyd
#238 - 2015-06-04 00:20:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
GetSirrus wrote:

Suffering from cancer is not funny.

Trying to use the fact that your character is named after someone who suffered from cancer as a reason to shame someone into giving back what you lost in a video game is. Not in a haha kind of way but in are ******* serious kind of way.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#239 - 2015-06-04 00:27:34 UTC
GetSirrus wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
GetSirrus wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Why would anyone share that kind of information in a video game, because of a video game situation? And why are you not questioning the motivations of that player, but questioning the motivations of these other players.

We know the answer, it's because you are filled with hate and prejudice towards them, all because of the way they play a video game... A video game that allows and encourages the way they play, and that YOU enable with your subscription.

There is someone sick in this situation alright, but oddly enough it's not the guys you are obsessed with....
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#240 - 2015-06-04 00:57:21 UTC
I read link.
Left confused as to what was wrong with it.
Seemed pretty civil, actually. No tear extraction or anything. I didn't bother with the comments because, well... I couldn't be troubled to do so.
I'm at a loss here as to what the issue is, to be honest.

I have no more reason to care about another player's RL circumstances than they do about mine. If they really want to swap woes with me they're more than welcome to at a nearby pub, but not in the game. We're playing the same game, albeit in different manners.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.