These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Black Ops

Author
cannahbro
Polaris Rising
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2015-06-03 18:50:47 UTC
What do you guys think of the idea of giving the Black Ops BS the same ability as Recon ships not having them show up on d-scan? It seems to me that the Black Ops BS are nothing more then a space taxi, i would like to see them used more.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2015-06-03 18:57:44 UTC
Absolutely freaking not.

A ship of that size should not be invisible to d-scan... Plus it would be completely overpowered.
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#3 - 2015-06-03 19:00:49 UTC
also they havent been rebalanced yet
cannahbro
Polaris Rising
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2015-06-03 19:03:01 UTC  |  Edited by: cannahbro
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
Absolutely freaking not.

A ship of that size should not be invisible to d-scan... Plus it would be completely overpowered.

can you please expand on what would make it so OP
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#5 - 2015-06-03 19:13:36 UTC
FireFrenzy wrote:

And I hope CCP does not touch them at all. They work perfectly fine as they are.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#6 - 2015-06-03 19:44:15 UTC
cannahbro wrote:
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
Absolutely freaking not.

can you please expand on what would make it so OP

An undetectable battleship suddenly sneaking up on people, especially when your talking about a panther running 1200 DPS hot, a sin with heavy nuetralizers or smartbombs, a redeemer with long range guns or face melting scorch, the widow to a much lesser degree but still.

Your taking a ship that hasnt been re-balanced yet, giving it an ability similar to warping cloaked since your not going to see it till it lands, then tacking on the fact that these ships can boast quite a bit of DPS and are very dangerous in gangs, move very quickly when cloaked, can align like a cruiser and virtually instawarp when they decloak and giving it this?

I fly a sin and a widow, soon a panther and i wouldn't support this change, its too much and its not what they really need

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Christopher Mabata
#7 - 2015-06-03 19:45:01 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
FireFrenzy wrote:

And I hope CCP does not touch them at all. They work perfectly fine as they are.

They could use a little bit of fit breathing room on some, and maybe partial T2 resists IMHO
But they do work now better than they did before

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#8 - 2015-06-03 20:06:21 UTC
Christopher Mabata wrote:
They could use a little bit of fit breathing room on some, and maybe partial T2 resists IMHO

My BLOPS has plenty of fitting room now with the changed plate/prop mod changes. Plus, I rather keep it as tight as it is right now because I cannot tell what kind of abomination CCP is going to do them, like make the Redeemer a Neutralizer boat or the Widow a Rail platform or make the Panther a 1400 cannon focused ship or something.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Christopher Mabata
#9 - 2015-06-03 20:13:40 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:

My BLOPS has plenty of fitting room now with the changed plate/prop mod changes. Plus, I rather keep it as tight as it is right now because I cannot tell what kind of abomination CCP is going to do them, like make the Redeemer a Neutralizer boat or the Widow a Rail platform or make the Panther a 1400 cannon focused ship or something.

Actually your point about the re-balance reminded me i need to check my fits, so props for that shoutout it slipped my mind. And i guess thats also a good point, though i doubt CCP would change their versatility so drastically.

I just know that trying to fit even a full rack of electrons or ions on a sin with a proper tank means virtually everything else is meta gear since nothing else fits. Perhaps now though i may actually have some room, we shall see.

Alexis Nightwish
#10 - 2015-06-03 20:51:40 UTC
If CCP had no intention of changing them I'd support this as it would be a nice consolation for not being able to fit a Cov Ops cloak. However, I'd wait to see what CCP does to them first.

CCP approaches problems in one of two ways: nudge or cludge

EVE Online's "I win!" Button

Fixing bombs, not the bombers

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#11 - 2015-06-03 22:19:14 UTC
And when they finally get around to changing them they could remove the cloak-fitting penalty from them, I mean they get a bonus for using cloaks, why hamper them for doing so?

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#12 - 2015-06-03 23:43:38 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
FireFrenzy wrote:

And I hope CCP does not touch them at all. redeemer perfectly fine as it is.

fixed your post for you....

Aivlis Eldelbar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2015-06-03 23:44:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Aivlis Eldelbar
Blopses are kinda fine as they are, tbh. Of course those of us who fly them wouldn't mind a bit more, but that wouldn't be healthy for the game, would it?

Dscan immunity in their current form would be a major buff, as it would allow them even more freedom in choosing their battles. With enough tactical bookmarks, it would be akin to giving them a covops cloak.

Zan Shiro wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
FireFrenzy wrote:

And I hope CCP does not touch them at all. redeemer perfectly fine as it is.

fixed your post for you....

Imho, only the Sin needs tweaking to give it a non-absurd blops bonus, and it's still viable as-is. The rest are fine.
vikari
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2015-06-03 23:48:37 UTC
cannahbro wrote:
What do you guys think of the idea of giving the Black Ops BS the same ability as Recon ships not having them show up on d-scan? It seems to me that the Black Ops BS are nothing more then a space taxi, i would like to see them used more.

Dumb idea.... you have a cruiser that is hidden that can light a covert cyno that is hidden, and now you want to bring in the attack squad that is hidden. STUPID!

Christopher Mabata
#15 - 2015-06-04 00:11:57 UTC
vikari wrote:
cannahbro wrote:

Dumb idea.... you have a cruiser that is hidden that can light a covert cyno that is hidden, and now you want to bring in the attack squad that is hidden. STUPID!

well that is kind of the point of Covert Ops
I didnt agree with the idea either, but i still understood the concept, if they shot off fireworks and announced their location in local like a politician running for office they wouldn't be quite so Covert would they?

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#16 - 2015-06-04 01:24:28 UTC
vikari wrote:
cannahbro wrote:

Um...I don't follow your logic here. D-scan immunity won't make the attack squad invisible. Bombers aren't immune to d-scan. Combat recons might be, but - here's the thing - they can't sneak up on something on grid because they don't have a covert ops cloak! They also use normal cynos. So unless you get a good warp-in within point range of the enemy, it's irrelevant.

Secondly, the ships that can use covert ops cloaks and light cynos, can all take the BLOPs bridge. Combat recons cannot. So, i don't know what hinky tactics you guys use to port "d-scan immune attack squads" about but it ain't a BLOPs.

There's this thing called Local. Last time someone hotdropped me, I noticed local blow up by 30 guys instantly. What you're afraid of, if i get this right, is that someone might see Local blow up, but won't see something on d-scan, and might assume they are safe?

Do you even undock, mate?

Chris Mbata wrote:

An undetectable battleship suddenly sneaking up on people, especially when your talking about a panther running 1200 DPS hot, a sin with heavy nuetralizers or smartbombs, a redeemer with long range guns or face melting scorch, the widow to a much lesser degree but still.

Your taking a ship that hasnt been re-balanced yet, giving it an ability similar to warping cloaked since your not going to see it till it lands, then tacking on the fact that these ships can boast quite a bit of DPS and are very dangerous in gangs, move very quickly when cloaked, can align like a cruiser and virtually instawarp when they decloak and giving it this?

I fly a sin and a widow, soon a panther and i wouldn't support this change, its too much and its not what they really need

How scrubby are you, not even able to do all races BLOPs at 5?

Also, 1200 DPS panthers don't have a tank. But you can still get a cloaky blaster Proteus doing 850 DPS and having a tank, plus actual maneuverability, damage projection if you go rails @ 550 DPS, and good tracking on something smaller than a barn. You are heavily, heavily overstating the DPS of BLPs here in the wild outside of a canned PYFA graph.

So there's already DPS options for BLOPs gangs which aren't an 850M ISK buy-in for the hull, steep skill queue which even you haven't crested, and severe limitations on damage application, manoeuverability, etc.

Sure, you see people chuck 50 BLOPs at stuff in a hotdrop. But it's not a fair fight, never is, never will be, never should be, so what's the problem with bringing 1200 DPS Panthers en masse? If there's a problem with the DPS output of the hulls it has nothing to do with it's cloaking abilities, but more with the numbers used.

It's irrelevant whether or not the BLOPs are immune to d-scan because, as above, people probably figure out they are being hotdropped when a covops, force recon decloaks and local and grid blow up with ships. OMG, he dies in 5 seconds versus 6.5 seconds. You feel like 5% less of a PVP god by dogpiling a poor schmuck in a Nightmare or carrier with 65 bombers. Pffft.

What d-scan immunity would give to the BLOPs is not overpowered. If you were hunting people in nullsec, warping to their anoms, they wouldn't know what you were bringing until you hit grid. But you'd hit grid not knowing exactly how far away from you target you'd land, and once on grid you'd have to either cloak and slowboat, or just go for it. What's OP about that, exactly?

What d-scan immunity would allow you to do is to be uncloaked while preparing to bridge your gang. You know how it goes, you do bombers bar enough. Being the pig is frustrating because of the general club-handed nature of nerds who can't cloak, can't stay cloaked, don't know where the pig is, can't not bump the pig...etc. Being uncloaked but not on d-scan, your nerds would find it easier to orbit the pig at 1500m and take the bridge.
Christopher Mabata
#17 - 2015-06-04 01:48:19 UTC
Im just missing my ability to sit in the redeemer ( amarr battleship 3 atm ) and fit T2 guns on the panther, i already finished BLOPS 5 and have perfect jump skills

I would be outright lying if i said i wouldnt LIKE to be invisble to D-Scan, im just trying to look at it from the other side of the argument as to avoid applying too much of a bias to the idea and thread. I can see Blackops with the ability yes, but i do still have some reservations about just how powerful they would be.

And im equally as suprised anyone even remembered me from my time in Bombers Bar, its been what? Nearly 2 years since i hug up the FC tags? THose were the good days though, and i do see your points, particularly the bridge aspect of it.

If they do make them D-scan immune, regardless of my own doubts, I can tell you one thing for certain

Time to break out the mining panther Cool

Lugh Crow-Slave
#18 - 2015-06-04 01:53:28 UTC

Actually your point about the re-balance reminded me i need to check my fits, so props for that shoutout it slipped my mind. And i guess thats also a good point, though i doubt CCP would change their versatility so drastically.

I just know that trying to fit even a full rack of electrons or ions on a sin with a proper tank means virtually everything else is meta gear since nothing else fits. Perhaps now though i may actually have some room, we shall see.

But that is kind of the point all covert ships are made of glass its the trade off they have for their stealth/mobility so if you want to give them a decent tank you are going to need to make sacrifices

overall blops are one of the most balanced classes in the game for doing what they are intended to do I generally find people who see they need a re-balance are ones trying to use them for things other than what they are intended for. I used to be this same way with the sin seeing it as useless compared to other blops until i actual talked to some one who flew a sin and started analizing what i could actually fit it out with.

One of the best things about how the blops are currently balanced is unlike a lot of ship classes each one can do things the others can't meaning there is sub a role for each of them to play with in the back ops role.

to the OPs idea this would be worse than giving them a cov cloak (considering you can pair it with their current cloak)

and would surly require them loosing something as a trade off for such a powerful tool.

the only real change that would be nice to see is if the jump fuel economizers could be fit to them however this would just be nice and is not needed
Arla Sarain
#19 - 2015-06-04 08:39:31 UTC
Kind of defeats the purpose of a cloak...?

Why waste a high when nobody knows you are undocked. Unless you plan to go AFK in space.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#20 - 2015-06-04 09:48:03 UTC
I agree with Lugh. I do not support this idea. Black Ops ships are in a pretty decent place and do not need a large adjustment to "shake up the meta."

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

123Next pageLast page