These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

This is what eve si coming to: This is what CODE is: Pathetic.

First post First post
Author
Freya Sertan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#181 - 2015-06-02 23:57:01 UTC
BrundleMeth wrote:
When I think of CODE, I think of little drooling Idiot Savant nubs who sit around laughing while they play with themselves and drool on their t-shirts unwashed for months...every once in awhile their caregiver changes their diaper...


Calm down, miner.

New Eden isn't nice. It isn't friendly. It isn't very hospitiable. Good thing there are people here to shoot in the face.

Want to make New Eden a nice place? Try this out.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#182 - 2015-06-03 00:08:21 UTC
Freya Sertan wrote:
BrundleMeth wrote:
When I think of CODE, I think of little drooling Idiot Savant nubs who sit around laughing while they play with themselves and drool on their t-shirts unwashed for months...every once in awhile their caregiver changes their diaper...


Calm down, miner.


Alternatively, "settle down, Beavis".

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#183 - 2015-06-03 00:10:56 UTC
BrundleMeth wrote:
When I think of CODE, I think of little drooling Idiot Savant nubs who sit around laughing while they play with themselves and drool on their t-shirts unwashed for months...every once in awhile their caregiver changes their diaper...


Just so you know, this came off sounding exactly like jealousy.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#184 - 2015-06-03 00:16:40 UTC
BrundleMeth wrote:
When I think of CODE, I think of little drooling Idiot Savant nubs who sit around laughing while they play with themselves and drool on their t-shirts unwashed for months...every once in awhile their caregiver changes their diaper...

What do you think of those that lose to CODE then?

That must be an even more deprived image.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#185 - 2015-06-03 00:29:42 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
BrundleMeth wrote:
When I think of CODE, I think of little drooling Idiot Savant nubs who sit around laughing while they play with themselves and drool on their t-shirts unwashed for months...every once in awhile their caregiver changes their diaper...

What do you think of those that lose to CODE then?

That must be an even more deprived image.


Self-reflection can be a dangerous thing...

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#186 - 2015-06-03 01:47:00 UTC

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
To be fair, gankers have had another questionable advantage. Repeated nerfs to our playstyle have forced us to band together. Industrialists pretty much get what they ask for because of the extreme number of players involved in the activity. I'm exaggerating of course, but look how the bowhead ehp was "rebalanced". CCP basically asked industrial players how much they wanted and gave it to them.

Because of this high sec predatory organizations have social and political networks in place, where as most high sec industrialists are solo and don't see a significant return on investment for organizing into larger groups.


I would also think that the activity of "killing together" forms a tighter social bond than um.. blueprint researching together or miningincompletesafety together (BOVRL forms plenty of bonds mining in null and killing hostiles but the same kind of adversity is largely missing in hisec.. no offense to CODEdot).

An organization built around the concept of a social activity like ganking is positioned for greater success, than an organization that serves only as a shared living room for roommates who generally don't collaborate.



On the topic of advocating the ganking/awoxing/deccing playstyle I think the hope was that Sabriz or Tora would stand for the minority position on CSM, which at this time has folks who either don't care or working actively to undermine the playstyle because it offends the so-called majority.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Paranoid Loyd
#187 - 2015-06-03 02:12:27 UTC
The other large advantage is being able to operate on both sides of the coin. When you gank and understand what is and isn't possible and then apply that knowledge to mining or hauling it becomes much much easier to use both sides to your advantage.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Jenshae Chiroptera
#188 - 2015-06-03 02:30:21 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
... On the topic of advocating the ganking/awoxing/deccing playstyle I think the hope was that Sabriz or Tora would stand for the minority position on CSM, which at this time has folks who either don't care or working actively to undermine the playstyle because it offends the so-called majority.
It is just mildly annoying.
Once you know how to work around them they don't achieve anything significant.

So, *shrug*
They probably do more harm than good to the game but either way, it isn't more than a bit of noise time to time on these forums.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Valkin Mordirc
#189 - 2015-06-03 02:42:09 UTC
I don't see any problem with the mail.


The advice was good and sound.
#DeleteTheWeak
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#190 - 2015-06-03 02:44:36 UTC

Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:
... CSM ..
It is just mildly annoying.
Once you know how to work around them they don't achieve anything significant.

So, *shrug*
They probably do more harm than good to the game but either way, it isn't more than a bit of noise time to time on these forums.


I would surmise this opinion is a bit of sour grapes on your part. I remember voting for you because of your enthusiasm, even though we probably sit diametrically opposed on views about EVE.

I believe there was truth to your enthusiasm, that it wasn't just a charade. I think you understand that CSM isn't all-powerful, or even significant in the big picture, but they do happen to be people who sometimes have CCP's ear directly. I think CSM electees must be superfans, and to a superfan it's pretty cool to be talking to the people who develop the game, even if it is within the mock architectural confines of a people's council.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#191 - 2015-06-03 02:48:51 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
... I would surmise this opinion is a bit of sour grapes on your part. ...
Try seperate gankers / awoxers / war declarations from CSM for a minute and re-read my post.

I believe they are a vocal minority that are insignicant in actual EVE game play.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#192 - 2015-06-03 02:55:09 UTC

Spartans don't sweat the Persian army. They fight, because they must.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#193 - 2015-06-03 02:55:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Sibyyl wrote:
... I would surmise this opinion is a bit of sour grapes on your part. ...
Try seperate gankers / awoxers / war declarations from CSM for a minute and re-read my post.

I believe they are a vocal minority that are insignicant in actual EVE game play.

Since the CSM election you've been pretty negative about the CSM concept and have always been negative about CODE, so I'm lost trying to figure out which you are referring to:

CSM is insignificant
CODE is insignificant

Could be either that you are saying.
Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#194 - 2015-06-03 03:18:26 UTC
Harrison Tato wrote:

How about Carewolf. "I saw a Carewolf orbiting the Jita undock. His off-grid boosting was perfect. Ughhhhhh!

Ahhh wooooo! Carewolves of Jita.

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#195 - 2015-06-03 03:25:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
I believe they are a vocal minority that are insignicant in actual EVE game play.
Riddle me this - if gankers, awoxers and war declarations are so insignificant; why do so many people whine about them?

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Wendy Valentino
Eve Central Intelligence Agency
#196 - 2015-06-03 03:41:30 UTC
In truth, this infiltration was trivial. I just used these folks insecurity against them, and made them think I was the best option. The fact that it happened so fast was something of a fluke. They did exactly what I wanted, but they did it so fast I almost could not keep up. It was a fail cascade of people making decisions based on fear, and looking out for number one. They where disorganized, and not all all friends. They could not have known better because none of them collaborated.

Leadership should not be handed out like candy. Everyone can not be a leader. Most are very bad at it. It takes a selflessness, and ruthlessness that very few people have together. Most can only pull off one of those things at a time. Great leaders are few and far between, and people flock to them in droves.

You have to remember that this is a game of war. Some people die at the front lines, some people support the people on the front lines, and there are many casualties in the war. From the big nullsec alliances waging sov warfare, to the merc corps doing hisec wardecs, and even to the suicide gankers making people cry, We are all waging a war. Sometimes that means getting bloody right away, and sometimes it takes lies and manipulation to tear your enemies to shreds. The fact of the matter is that this is a war game. And people love it. All is fair in love and war.

Some people call this greifing. Some people call it a mercy killing. Personally I think of it as a fight. I just fought with my mind, instead of my guns. But then again I like to play with my food before I eat it. Different strokes for different folks.

peace
-Wendy
Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#197 - 2015-06-03 03:45:48 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
I believe they are a vocal minority that are insignicant in actual EVE game play.
Riddle me this - if gankers, awoxers and war declarations are so insignificant why do so many people whine about them?

Probably because the type who make the easiest target also make the loudest noise.
Omar Alharazaad
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#198 - 2015-06-03 04:01:47 UTC
And thank you for the "Deliverance" flashback.

Squeal like a pig!

Damn you. It was almost gone. Now, after over 20 years it's back.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#199 - 2015-06-03 07:46:47 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
On the topic of advocating the ganking/awoxing/deccing playstyle I think the hope was that Sabriz or Tora would stand for the minority position on CSM, which at this time has folks who either don't care or working actively to undermine the playstyle because it offends the so-called majority.

For anyone that has not listened to the first episode of CSM Watch, I highly recommend that you do so. Lanctharus brought up the direction of changes in high sec, and Feyd's image with the repeated nerfs to highsec predatory gameplay. The response from Jayne Fillian was, something to the affect of, "while I would like this playstyle removed, its not on the to do list", and the other csm members basically said that they wouldn't remove it without serious consideration. The fact that this sort of gameplay could even come under the consideration of removal is frankly disgusting and a slap in the face to anyone who appreciates conflict in high sec. To be fair this is in meany ways a Feudian slip, but even so, I consider it a very enlightening one for the general attitude of CSM members. I plan on making a more drawn out post on this topic in the crime and punishment boards in the near future, please keep an eye out there if you're interested in the subject.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#200 - 2015-06-03 08:17:48 UTC
Elspeth Tezzeret wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
hey, why not stay out of other peoples mails huh, nosey parker


No, this has to stop

this is not "game play"

this is full on griefing, end of story

and i have the permission of the person whose mail it is


You are wrong.