These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What are the Seekers now doing to the gates?

First post
Author
Joey Bags
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-06-02 17:24:13 UTC
New icons bad...grrr change!
Anywho, I was running through some systems and came across a group of sleepers and one of them was doing "something" to the gate. The gate was doing all kinds of weird visual effect stuff. Didn't effect me jumping through, it's just new. Any thoughts?

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friends nose. Unless you podded them...and collected their corpse.

Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2015-06-02 17:25:44 UTC
Shoot first, ask questions later.

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#3 - 2015-06-02 17:26:54 UTC
Joey Bags wrote:
Anywho, I was running through some systems and came across a group of sleepers and one of them was doing "something" to the gate. The gate was doing all kinds of weird visual effect stuff. Didn't effect me jumping through, it's just new. Any thoughts?

Do not try to mask your icon change whining by claiming this thread was about the seeker scanner effects that's been around for a long while now.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Joey Bags
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-06-02 17:30:00 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Joey Bags wrote:

Do not try to mask your icon change whining by claiming this thread was about the seeker scanner effects that's been around for a long while now.

I've never noticed it before today and the icon change whining was sarcasm. I hate to think I need to spell that out but there you go.

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friends nose. Unless you podded them...and collected their corpse.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2015-06-02 17:31:43 UTC
Joey Bags wrote:
Joey Bags wrote:

I've never noticed it before today and the icon change whining was sarcasm. I hate to think I need to spell that out but there you go.

I didn't notice your sarcasm at all.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#6 - 2015-06-02 17:32:52 UTC
They are tickling the gate with soothing electropulses to help improve gate efficiency. You might notice this effect next time you gate jump, as times should be improved by about 0.00285%. Fancy!

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#7 - 2015-06-02 17:35:38 UTC
Joey Bags wrote:
Joey Bags wrote:

It's patch day, if ever there were a need for a sarcasm font it would be patch day.
the idiots shower from the heavens and what we would normally recognise as sarcasm is sadly plastered abundantly all over the forums and ment in all seriousness.

Days like this you really need to make it clear that you're taking the Mic
Joey Bags
Caldari State
#8 - 2015-06-02 17:36:48 UTC
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode wrote:
They are tickling the gate with soothing electropulses to help improve gate efficiency. You might notice this effect next time you gate jump, as times should be improved by about 0.00285%. Fancy!

Cool. Now when I'm running away I can do it quicker!

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#9 - 2015-06-02 17:38:47 UTC
Joey Bags wrote:

Cool. Now when I'm running away I can do it quicker!

False economy though, they can also chase you quicker Blink
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#10 - 2015-06-02 18:41:53 UTC
Did it look any different than the scans they've been doing for the past few months?

The Drake is a Lie

Erin Crawford
#11 - 2015-06-02 19:17:41 UTC

aka gate lube.

"Those who talk don’t know. Those who know don’t talk. "

Joey Bags
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-06-02 21:41:31 UTC
Xercodo wrote:
Did it look any different than the scans they've been doing for the past few months?

I will be blunt honest. I've seen the Seekers hanging around the gates but I'm usually zoomed out. Today was the first I've noticed the gates shimmering and I thought it may have been part of the patch.

Natalia Abre-Kai
#13 - 2015-06-02 23:08:02 UTC
They're having a BBQ. Pirate
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#14 - 2015-06-03 04:23:40 UTC
Doing what they have been doing this whole time; being Curious Georges and turning everything they see into a Tickle-me-Elmo. I swear, sometimes I catch myself waiting for some little brat to stick their head out of the cockpit exclaiming, "A clue! A clue!"

Then some ass-hat shoots at them and it gets ugly. My lord, it really is like little kids. They're kind of cute, but destructive little ***** when agitated.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Arancar Australis
Dead Sun Rising Enterprises
#15 - 2015-06-03 04:49:40 UTC
Joey Bags wrote:
Joey Bags wrote:

I didn't notice your sarcasm at all.

Probably because of that platypus fascination you've got going on.
Nevil Oscillator
#16 - 2015-06-03 07:06:29 UTC
Joey Bags wrote:

They are getting ready to set off a huge bomb that will destroy all star gates in a 'coincidentally' [Sarcasm] identical way to what has happened in Jove space.

This will cause the biggest tears in the history of Eve as they introduce the new shield technology and player built star gates .

Well you did ask.
Kaydance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2015-06-03 10:08:42 UTC
If the Entosis Link is used to capture/conquer structures then the seekers are "attacking" everything they are scanning right?
Hevymetal
POT Corp
#18 - 2015-06-03 12:26:36 UTC

Or they are secretly subverting the gate mechanics by implanting a virus within the underlying gate network. This virus when activated will cause a massive collapse of the interstellar gate network by issuing a simultaneous self-destruct of every gate in the network. Stranding everyone in the system they are located in until a new network (player built) can be made.