These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

This is what eve si coming to: This is what CODE is: Pathetic.

First post First post
Author
Kaely Tanniss
Black Lotus Society.
#101 - 2015-06-02 03:46:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaely Tanniss
Elspeth Tezzeret wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
hey, why not stay out of other peoples mails huh, nosey parker

No, this has to stop

this is not "game play"

this is full on griefing, end of story

and i have the permission of the person whose mail it is

This IS in fact gameplay..fully sanctioned. When you join Eve, you join a galaxy in turmoil..welcome to Eve.

This is NOT griefing...just because an action in a game brings you grief, (in which case you should probably search yourself for the answer to why a game actually causes you rl emotion) does NOT mean it is griefing. Again, Eve is a game like no other. Backstabbing, theiving, scamming, killing, and corp infiltration are all the order of the day in this game. Adapt or die.

I understand Eve is not everyones kind of game...but for some it is. If the way Eve is played bothers you, you are playing the wrong game. It grows tiring hearing the word "griefed" or "griefing". The definition of the word has been so skewed and is not the same in Eve as it is in other games. It would do you good to read up on Eve and what it's all about. CCP Falcon explained it best.

If I had a nickel for every time someone said women don't play eve, I'd have a bag of nickels to whack the next person who said it..

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#102 - 2015-06-02 04:29:29 UTC
Buzz Boolean wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
The only reason I've found to hate CODE is that they're role-players. If they start marrying each other in public weddings in-game, I will positively puke.

I sure hope you are right and that they are actually role playing. I have my doubts as that level of extremism is NOT playful. Nor does it match any role playing I have seen across many RPGs. Their treatise is very similar to the philosophies and practices of the Thrid Reich and ISIS - this bothers me a lot. I'm okay with getting ganked and having the pirate open the cockpit window and urinate on my frozen corpse, but these guys are far beyond self righteousness and well into the realm of extreme doctrines.

Thhe "red ink" thing is definitely harrassement if specific people are targeted for daring to disagree and/or not follow the treatise and/or get pissed if they are ganked via a nasty gram, far more than targets of opportunity invading their claimed space. Also, I don't usually say "gf" to someone who ganks a ship with no weapons and no way to fight back. "gf" is reserved for close contests that may have gone either way, that are a real challenge.

Really, they are saying that "you must play the way we dictate, or we will harass you". I'll bet this is not legal and yet CCP allows it. Hmm.

Hey CODE, I found yall another customer. He thinks yall should be goose stepping across Poland instead of Ganking people in a video game.
Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#103 - 2015-06-02 04:31:58 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Buzz Boolean wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
The only reason I've found to hate CODE is that they're role-players. If they start marrying each other in public weddings in-game, I will positively puke.

I sure hope you are right and that they are actually role playing. I have my doubts as that level of extremism is NOT playful. Nor does it match any role playing I have seen across many RPGs. Their treatise is very similar to the philosophies and practices of the Thrid Reich and ISIS - this bothers me a lot. I'm okay with getting ganked and having the pirate open the cockpit window and urinate on my frozen corpse, but these guys are far beyond self righteousness and well into the realm of extreme doctrines.

Thhe "red ink" thing is definitely harrassement if specific people are targeted for daring to disagree and/or not follow the treatise and/or get pissed if they are ganked via a nasty gram, far more than targets of opportunity invading their claimed space. Also, I don't usually say "gf" to someone who ganks a ship with no weapons and no way to fight back. "gf" is reserved for close contests that may have gone either way, that are a real challenge.

Really, they are saying that "you must play the way we dictate, or we will harass you". I'll bet this is not legal and yet CCP allows it. Hmm.

Hey CODE, I found yall another customer. He thinks yall should be goose stepping across Poland instead of Ganking people in a video game.

Yeesh extreme example there, too soon too soon
but it did make me almost spit out my coffee so +1 lol

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#104 - 2015-06-02 04:45:27 UTC
Xen Solarus wrote:
Everyone knows that CODE are scum. That's just a fact.

"It's right there in purple crayon!"

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#105 - 2015-06-02 05:05:41 UTC
So a dying corp was put down and it's members were given good tips on where to go from there...
Old Yeller dies in the end. Sorry for the spoiler.
No, actually I'm not.
I'm assuming this was a troll post to drum up attention, but on the off chance it wasn't... this 'awoker' really did these guys a favor, and politely too.

The real griefer is the OP for interrupting my clown pron with this tripe.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#106 - 2015-06-02 07:35:04 UTC
Buzz Boolean wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:

Oh how did I miss this gem.

Since when does roleplaying have to be "playful", and I have seen this level of dedication* in roleplayers before.
Consider the lore in this game regarding both the empire factions and the pirate factions. There is a reason I went Gallente.
To roleplay a loyal Amarrian or Caldari citizen... I'd have trouble. (Diana Kim does a good job)

I am always amused when "legal" gets flung around carelessly, especially in a game.

* or dedication in taking the mickey out of more serious roleplayers. Twisted
Elinarien
Doomheim
#107 - 2015-06-02 07:45:30 UTC
The whole threat from CODE thing is being massively overstated. If anything the OP is probably just a Code member seeking to give the movement some well-needed publicity.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#108 - 2015-06-02 07:45:48 UTC
Buzz Boolean wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:

Oh dear, The Third Reich AND ISIS in one post...

First of all you should probably calm down, you lost that fail fitted Mackinaw over a month ago.

Post like yours show exactly why the New Order is needed. If we leave miners to themselves, posts with tears and complaints like yours would be all there is in Highsec. As we all can see from your tear post, you are not yet ready for the sandbox, your thinking is wrong and needs to be adjusted. I mean what if a innocent child reads your post! Do you not care about the children?!

I am sure if you just give it a chance and do away with this evil thoughts, purchase a mining permit and follow the Code you would become a better miner, a better player for sure and I believe also a better person. Please contact your nearest New Order Agent so we can start with the corrective measures.

Do not rebel, as we are only here to help you! Together we create a better highsec!
Wendy Valentino
Eve Central Intelligence Agency
#109 - 2015-06-02 08:07:02 UTC
Wow! This really kicked up a stir. If your not careful I will get a big ego. So many opinions on so many sides. This is more than I hoped for. Thanks guys.

-Wendy
Black Pedro
Mine.
#110 - 2015-06-02 08:25:14 UTC
Buzz Boolean wrote:
I'm okay with getting ganked and having the pirate open the cockpit window and urinate on my frozen corpse, but these guys are far beyond self righteousness and well into the realm of extreme doctrines.

Yes, extreme doctrines like fitting some tank, not auto-piloting and paying attention to local. What is this game coming to if we can't leave our yield-fit ships unattended in space while we watch Netflix?

Buzz Boolean wrote:
Thhe "red ink" thing is definitely harrassement if specific people are targeted for daring to disagree and/or not follow the treatise and/or get pissed if they are ganked via a nasty gram, far more than targets of opportunity invading their claimed space.
Sure, it's definitely "harassement" if I set up my POCO's to charge a higher tax to my rivals, or not allow those that do not acknowledge my claim to a space to dock at my outposts. I think CCP should make it mandatory that you treat all players equally, even if they attack you, insult you, are at war with you or actively resist you in the game. Anything less is just griefing.

Buzz Boolean wrote:
Also, I don't usually say "gf" to someone who ganks a ship with no weapons and no way to fight back. "gf" is reserved for close contests that may have gone either way, that are a real challenge.
Such poor sportsmanship. You know, if a high school basketball team loses by 50 points they are still expected to go out and shake hands with their opponents afterwards. You are entitled to your own views on the matter of course, but denying someone a congratulations for defeating you in a contest or a game is really poor form in most cultures.

Buzz Boolean wrote:
The New Order is playing the game as it was originally conceived. They have made a claim to highsec and are out to enforce it so you are suppose to resist and adapt, or claim your own space and defend it. This is not harassment or illegal but actually how New Eden is intended to be. You do not have to play the way the New Order wants - you have much freedom to play the game in many ways, but you are definitely not entitled to play the game in isolation from other players.

Conflict between players is encouraged by CCP and is at the heart of the design of the game.
Trajan Unknown
State War Academy
Caldari State
#111 - 2015-06-02 08:45:09 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Buzz Boolean wrote:
I'm okay with getting ganked and having the pirate open the cockpit window and urinate on my frozen corpse, but these guys are far beyond self righteousness and well into the realm of extreme doctrines.

Yes, extreme doctrines like fitting some tank, not auto-piloting and paying attention to local. What is this game coming to if we can't leave our yield-fit ships unattended in space while we watch Netflix?

Buzz Boolean wrote:
Thhe "red ink" thing is definitely harrassement if specific people are targeted for daring to disagree and/or not follow the treatise and/or get pissed if they are ganked via a nasty gram, far more than targets of opportunity invading their claimed space.
Sure, it's definitely "harassement" if I set up my POCO's to charge a higher tax to my rivals, or not allow those that do not acknowledge my claim to a space to dock at my outposts. I think CCP should make it mandatory that you treat all players equally, even if they attack you, insult you, are at war with you or actively resist you in the game. Anything less is just griefing.

Buzz Boolean wrote:
Also, I don't usually say "gf" to someone who ganks a ship with no weapons and no way to fight back. "gf" is reserved for close contests that may have gone either way, that are a real challenge.
Such poor sportsmanship. You know, if a high school basketball team loses by 50 points they are still expected to go out and shake hands with their opponents afterwards. You are entitled to your own views on the matter of course, but denying someone a congratulations for defeating you in a contest or a game is really poor form in most cultures.

Buzz Boolean wrote:
The New Order is playing the game as it was originally conceived. They have made a claim to highsec and are out to enforce it so you are suppose to resist and adapt, or claim your own space and defend it. This is not harassment or illegal but actually how New Eden is intended to be. You do not have to play the way the New Order wants - you have much freedom to play the game in many ways, but you are definitely not entitled to play the game in isolation from other players.

Conflict between players is encouraged by CCP and is at the heart of the design of the game.

You just saved me a lot of signs. :)

Nicely pointed out.

Last but not least I´d like to add that I am still waiting on a CODE ganking Crew that is trying to gank my other character when hauling stuff. It never happened and I don´t know a single person who got successfully ganked by CODE. Hell I even afk mined in High-Sec ~8month ago and never had any trouble.
Last but not least I like that we have things like CODE, Marmite, Just4Fun and other organisations like that. They make your life harder and it prevents my hauling from getting dull and boring. Marmite and these other High-Sec mercs rattle the cage that High-Sec is and these low-sec campers like Just4Fun enraging me from time to time and remind me that I should be careful when I hop through gates.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2015-06-02 08:45:51 UTC
Vote for Pedro \o/ he knows

I use to hate code but i kinda understand what they stand for now and actually agree with what they do, if you guys dont take action in defending yourselves you just die and all this carebear crying for nerfs because you cant make lots of isk and watch netflix gets rather boring.

hey how about actually think about things instead of just running in and setting up sh!t corps because you think you are some sort of leader

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

virm pasuul
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#113 - 2015-06-02 09:08:08 UTC
Looks like the CODE did another great job here. Very useful information to improve the Eve experience to those who didn't know any better. Looks like CCP were right about CODE and the New Order being good for retention of new players. People should be praising CODE and James 315 a lot more for all the hard work they do to make Eve a much better place.
Who wants to buy a mining permit off me to say thanks to therm?
McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#114 - 2015-06-02 10:03:58 UTC  |  Edited by: McChicken Combo HalfMayo
This one was so obvious too. Shame on all who took the bait. Smile

There are all our dominion

Gate camps: "Its like the lowsec watercooler, just with explosions and boose" - Ralph King-Griffin

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#115 - 2015-06-02 10:10:34 UTC
Shhhh. Industrialists are trying to offload their surplus of pitchforks and torches, you're gonna spoil their game.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Don Purple
Snuggle Society
Pandemic Horde
#116 - 2015-06-02 10:19:08 UTC
Good job wendy.

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#117 - 2015-06-02 10:22:58 UTC
Hmm, the Recruiter should have done a better job, STILL:

CODE.
is in fact embarrasing pathetic.

LOL
Bear

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#118 - 2015-06-02 10:24:27 UTC
virm pasuul wrote:
hard work

Shooting embarrasingly easy targets is "hard work"?

interesting.
Cool

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Zaragram Dorgiers
Bold Lock Aggregations
#119 - 2015-06-02 10:26:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Zaragram Dorgiers
Black Pedro wrote:
Such poor sportsmanship. You know, if a high school basketball team loses by 50 points they are still expected to go out and shake hands with their opponents afterwards.

In high school basketball, one team doesn't start out with three times as many players and submachine guns.

You're perfectly free to gank people, and I hope that CODE continues to. I, personally, look forward to the day when I can kill the hapless with the best of them! But don't be a jerk and expect or demand that they kiss your *** afterwards; You are killing people in onesided fights! Own up to it! Recognize that in their eyes you are playing the villain and accept the delicious tears and hate that comes with it. Asking the nerd whom you have just swirlie'd to thank you for the pleasure is gross. That's bully behavior and goes above and beyond simply ganking.
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#120 - 2015-06-02 10:27:14 UTC
La Rynx wrote:
CODE. is in fact embarrasing pathetic.
Can you explain us your feelings about code and why you state it as a fact ?

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.