These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

This is what eve si coming to: This is what CODE is: Pathetic.

First post First post
Author
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#81 - 2015-06-01 22:18:06 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
You coulda just said "Didn't want that CSM seat anyways" and been done with it Twisted
Thank you for adding your puerlie cliche. I am sure, we are all laughing on the floor hysterically. Roll

WTF does hand sanitizer have to do with anything? Pirate
Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#82 - 2015-06-01 22:25:05 UTC
Almost got enough tears for the day off this thread alone, and the day is still young Twisted

Ops Success

oh and welcome to EvE Cool

obligatory: Can i have your stuff if your quitting? Lol

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#83 - 2015-06-01 22:37:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Unsuccessful At Everything
Christopher Mabata wrote:

You did this wrong.

I can't find the post, I think an ISD nuked it, in it I said (before the election results)
"Win or lose, I will not stand again."
If I take a leave of my senses on any CSM election in the future, please feel free to save this post and quote it repeatedly. I started my CSM thread with the belief that CSM should be removed and having gone through the process, I am even more adamant that CSM is a waste of time, effort and money.

The way Fozzie is ignoring them, it is clear that they are just a publicity stunt group and a last resort for bandaid fixes / damage control.

Jenn aSide wrote:
You coulda just said "Didn't want that CSM seat anyways" and been done with it Twisted
Thank you for adding your puerlie cliche. I am sure, we are all laughing on the floor hysterically. Roll

You say that you didn't... but you did in essence say 'I didn't want that CSM seat anyways'.... just with more wordiness. P
Sometimes, ending with a cliché is for the best. Search your feelings.. you know it to be true.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Christopher Mabata
#84 - 2015-06-01 22:43:54 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

You did this wrong.

might be 0/10 for effort, but it IS the thought that counts
Smile

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

The Troll Bridge
#85 - 2015-06-01 22:54:20 UTC
might be 0/10 for effort, but it IS the thought that countsSmile

But it was the wrong thought. In the future, do it correctly.
Obligatory: Can UaE have your stuff?

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2015-06-01 23:36:48 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Sykaotic wrote:
Elspeth Tezzeret wrote:

" as suicide gankers, Goons, and others who oppose highsec mining."

" ..The Mittani as the legitimate Chairman of the CSM. This determination remains the rule in all New Order territories."

Interesting.

Why do they oppose *all* mining in high sec? (as clearly noted above)

75% of the playerbase is in high sec with 5% in null and the above entities make up less far less than the 5%. What is this minority so angry about.

Is it that they only want to be miners themselves where they live?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=40762
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=101626
http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html
https://www.themittani.com/features/truth-behind-mining-ship-rebalance-part-1
https://www.themittani.com/features/road-nerfdom-highsecs-carebear-future

Jenn aSide wrote:

Excuse me while I roll on the floor and laugh hysterically.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

The Troll Bridge
#87 - 2015-06-02 00:30:14 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

"Carebears" think some game mechanics change is going to benefit them, turns out it creates a situation where things get worse. Exhumer buff leads to more miner ganking, introduction of anchor rigs leads to more bumping, freighter low slots leads to more empty freighter ganking, safeties and crimewatch leads to more creative 'can flipping' and such, and a much vaunted friendly fire button leads to much more creative awoxxing.

I've been saying it a lot lately, but it's still true, carebears don't understand it's not game mechanics that's their problem, it's their attitudes. I and people like me avoided all of the bad things they complain about by simply thinking about things and not flying stupid (proving that was all you need to do) and yet they just can't learn from that, they cling to the idea that CCP can make them safe.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=427232&find=unread Just found a lil gem thatll prove this.

Christopher Mabata
#88 - 2015-06-02 00:31:53 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

"Carebears" think some game mechanics change is going to benefit them, turns out it creates a situation where things get worse. Exhumer buff leads to more miner ganking, introduction of anchor rigs leads to more bumping, freighter low slots leads to more empty freighter ganking, safeties and crimewatch leads to more creative 'can flipping' and such, and a much vaunted friendly fire button leads to much more creative awoxxing.

I've been saying it a lot lately, but it's still true, carebears don't understand it's not game mechanics that's their problem, it's their attitudes. I and people like me avoided all of the bad things they complain about by simply thinking about things and not flying stupid (proving that was all you need to do) and yet they just can't learn from that, they cling to the idea that CCP can make them safe.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=427232&find=unread Just found a lil gem thatll prove this.

Thats no gem, thats a gold mine my friend
covert ops barge, oh i love that post

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#89 - 2015-06-02 00:49:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Elspeth Tezzeret wrote:
This what your glorious code is doing, this is what your pathetic James315 is doing. Well done CCP, you have created a disgusting theme where these people exists to make people quit.

Well done

Erm... I thought this was going to be a thread complimenting the corp-wrecker until I read those final words.

I was really impressed by the information provided, and the manner in which it was presented. There was no insult or malice.

Remember, everything you experience in the sandbox is a direct result of something you did, or failed to do. If you are not having fun, you have only yourself to blame.

As a self-proclaimed industrialist, but not a carebear, I of course am not fond of CODE. play-style, but I respect their right to exist and have fun in their own way.

P.S. Doesn't this look like fun? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtGRkmf51gw
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#90 - 2015-06-02 00:53:40 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
As a self-proclaimed industrialist, but not a carebear, I of course am not fond of CODE. play-style, but I respect their right to exist and have fun in their own way.
Shhh...

Us non carebear bears are a myth as far as some of our "contemporaries" are concerned.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Ivant Sumboodi
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#91 - 2015-06-02 00:54:00 UTC
What's lame about the actual email is that it "teaches" noobies to only form corps that demand full APIs. Yeah I know EVE is about healthy paranoia or something blah blah, but basic asset management would solve a lot of problems. Maybe not the problem of wardec intel but noobies can handle small fun corps w/o this sort of rapage happening to them. And the email makes it sound like it's pure inevitability- that is what I find a bit disgusting about it.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#92 - 2015-06-02 00:58:15 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Shhh...

Us non carebear bears are a myth as far as some of our "contemporaries" are concerned.

We need a new animal, as 'bears' are tainted.

I choose to be known as a "CareBison" from now on.

Damnskippy
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#93 - 2015-06-02 01:12:01 UTC
That mail is no different than a convo taking place after a fight stating:

"This is how I beat you."

"This is how you can counter it."

"These are the people that will take you under their wing and teach you."

This is considered proper etiquette when ganking a young player in a belt or dunking a newbro that starts a fight with you.
He took the time to explain what happened and the steps they can take to avoid it. That is more than you'll get out of most corp thieves/awoxers.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#94 - 2015-06-02 01:30:22 UTC
We should all be glad that there are people like the New Order Agents out there creating content for all this bored carebears who would otherwise quit. This my friends is what player retention is all about!

Do your part! Kill a newbro today or awox a industrial corp, for they are better of without that corp or mining ship anyway. Show them what EVE is all about, the sandbox and not just mining, the worst minigame in all of gaming.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#95 - 2015-06-02 01:47:29 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

Granted that I do have the stomach flu and a sinus infection, but I puked after reading the whole thing.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#96 - 2015-06-02 01:48:29 UTC
Hmpf. I 've run out of likes...

Remove standings and insurance.

Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#97 - 2015-06-02 01:53:06 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Granted that I do have the stomach flu and a sinus infection, but I puked after reading the whole thing.

Shouldn't have tried reading the whole thing. I could see from the OP it was not going to be palatable. What I did read of it was "FFS - facepalm" material.
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2015-06-02 02:38:40 UTC

Ivant Sumboodi wrote:
What's lame about the actual email is that it "teaches" noobies to only form corps that demand full APIs. Yeah I know EVE is about healthy paranoia or something blah blah, but basic asset management would solve a lot of problems. Maybe not the problem of wardec intel but noobies can handle small fun corps w/o this sort of rapage happening to them. And the email makes it sound like it's pure inevitability- that is what I find a bit disgusting about it.

I think EVE has always been about providing players enough rope to hang themselves with. Corp security being somewhat of an esoteric thing will open the door to awoxing, theft, and all kinds of nefarious things that add content to the game.

This is why the Awox switch is a bit of a puzzle. It is doubtful that the addition of this feature would correlate to higher player retention, or a large exodus of players from NPC Corps into PC Corps. If anything, not giving players enough rope to hang themselves also ends up removing content.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Mike Azariah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2015-06-02 02:49:59 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Shhh...

We need a new animal, as 'bears' are tainted.

I choose to be known as a "CareBison" from now on.

I got dibs on Care-Cape-Buffalo CCB for short http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/wild-kingdom/about-animals/buffalo-facts/

m

Mike Azariah  ┬──┬ ¯|(ツ)

Buzz Boolean
Bung Cheese Bandits
#100 - 2015-06-02 03:31:46 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
The only reason I've found to hate CODE is that they're role-players. If they start marrying each other in public weddings in-game, I will positively puke.

I sure hope you are right and that they are actually role playing. I have my doubts as that level of extremism is NOT playful. Nor does it match any role playing I have seen across many RPGs. Their treatise is very similar to the philosophies and practices of the Thrid Reich and ISIS - this bothers me a lot. I'm okay with getting ganked and having the pirate open the cockpit window and urinate on my frozen corpse, but these guys are far beyond self righteousness and well into the realm of extreme doctrines.

Thhe "red ink" thing is definitely harrassement if specific people are targeted for daring to disagree and/or not follow the treatise and/or get pissed if they are ganked via a nasty gram, far more than targets of opportunity invading their claimed space. Also, I don't usually say "gf" to someone who ganks a ship with no weapons and no way to fight back. "gf" is reserved for close contests that may have gone either way, that are a real challenge.

Really, they are saying that "you must play the way we dictate, or we will harass you". I'll bet this is not legal and yet CCP allows it. Hmm.