These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

General module tiericide thoughts

Author
Aeon Veritas
Black OP - Mining and Research
UNITATO SQUAD
#1 - 2015-06-01 10:56:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Aeon Veritas
Hi there,

I didn't know where else to post and didn't want to land on the page 22 oblivion of the Afterburners & Microwarpdrive topic so i opened a new one...

A general thing of the tiericide that I like badly is that all the mods between Tech 1 and Tech 2 are Meta 1.
While there are different mods which follow the same shemata like "Compact" and "Restrained" armor plates and shield extender and "Compact", "Restrained" and "Enduring" afterburners and microwarpdrives.

My idea is that you show those differences also with the meta level.
Like "Compact" = Meta 1, "Restrained" = Meta 2 and so on...
That way you can easily find them in containers and don't have to watch out for the names.

Another thing that bugs me quite a while is that it seem like the True Sanshas only have morons in their R&D facilities.
Seriously, they think of ships that obviously prefer shield tank and develop for them improved armor stuff? Whaaaat?

A quick and dirty solution for this would be to rename all the True Sansha armor stuff to Dark Blood since they have the same stats...
Further they need as compensation a set of shield mods. I'm not sure what stats those should have.
Maybe there should even propmods considered for them (edit:) in exchange for the nos/neut.
The implants can be changed with the serpentis. I think the snake set matches nicely with the afterburner trait of TS-ships and the slave set represents the armor doctrine of the serpentis.

so far, fly save o7
Aeon Veritas
UNITATO SQUAD
#2 - 2015-06-04 13:37:27 UTC
Yay, this topic just reached the page 4 oblivion of the Features & Ideas forum Ugh
Well, maybe atleast I should be happy that I attracted no trolls... What ever.

Another idea of mine regarding the tiercide is that you stop to make these faction mods the same.
(As example the Federation Navy and Serpentis Afterburner have the same stats)

But let's talk about this in case of the Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane (EANM).
I assume if they fall prey to the tiericide there will be left a Tech 1, a compact and a restained Meta, Tech 2 and a whole bunch of Faction / Deadspace and Officer.
Firstly the faction EANM: atm we have the "compact" Gallente based (Fed. Navy & Serpentis) with lower Fitting and skill requirement as the T2 but the same resist bonis as T2 (20%).
And we have the "restained" Amarr based (Imperial, Kahnid and Ammatar Navy + Dark Blood and Treu Sansha) which have the same lower Fitting and skill requirements as the Gallente based but offer a better bonus to the resists (22,5%).

For after-tiericide i would like to see the Navy ones as "compact" which offer lower fitting and skill requirement then T2 and have the same or just slightly better resits as T2 (maybe 20,5% or 21%? T2 = 20%).
And on the other hand the Pirate EANM which have maybe the same or slightly lower fitting requirements as T2, the skill requirement would stay the same as it is now and the resits they offer would be the same as Amarr based offer now, 22,5%.

I would be happy to recive a little feedback here.

Fly save o7
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2015-06-04 23:00:55 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=306344&p=5

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Aeon Veritas
UNITATO SQUAD
#4 - 2015-06-05 08:38:06 UTC
Well, thank you for the link.
But I think the linked thread is not exactly what I am takling about. They target at the unfortunate condition that some Meta 4 are better then Tech 2.

My target is to show which old patterns maybe should be broken up.
Like above mentioned faction based stats. Why not like for the ships a differentiation between navy and pirate sets of items?
To mare
Advanced Technology
#5 - 2015-06-05 08:48:48 UTC
sanshas ships used to be armor tank, thats why the original LP store offer armor tank stuff, they got changed to shield tank but the LP items remained the same probably to not screw up with ppl who already had the previuos modules
Aeon Veritas
UNITATO SQUAD
#6 - 2015-06-05 13:16:36 UTC
To mare wrote:
sanshas ships used to be armor tank, thats why the original LP store offer armor tank stuff, they got changed to shield tank but the LP items remained the same probably to not screw up with ppl who already had the previuos modules
Maybe that was the reason, but as i mentioned above: True Sansha and Dark Blood armor stuff have the same stats, they could be easily merged and people have after this the same stats with another name...

And CCP has a lot of practice screwing people, so why not? Twisted