These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Scope – Amarr Empire releases new technology

Author
Max Singularity
House Singularity
Sixth Empire
#61 - 2015-05-31 05:17:13 UTC
I wonder.

I wonder if there can be such sorcery.

However, I am a practical man. A man of science. A man of faith.

Yet... somehow... it seems a spell has been cast upon the stars of our Grand Golden Empire.

Why are so many asleep?

Are witches real?

I wonder.

Harbinger of Faith His Holiness Maximilian Singularity VI, Pope of New Eden

First Champion House Kador (defeated) - #MagnateGate

Viceroy Interview & Apostle In Amarr

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#62 - 2015-05-31 08:21:02 UTC
Matar Ronin wrote:
Rodj Blake wrote:
Matar Ronin wrote:
Rodj Blake wrote:
Lyn Farel wrote:
So much for "the Amarr Empire never breaks any treaties, but respects them", I guess.

It could be argued that the treaty in question was already dead.

...Any treaty that does not have the slavery cult empire giving up it's "reclaiming mandate" is not honest to begin with. Unless the treaty clearly states we'll not conquer you until such and such date, you know, you'll be the last one we conquer and bring to our false religion that motivates our spread across space...

You seem to be implying that the Empire is full of warmongers and yet it wasn't Amarrian ships that attacked Yulai, it was Matari ones.

Yes, the Matari people have been the only ones with the technology, conviction, courage, and the skills to defy Concord.

The same Matari people who have been the only ones in Empire space with the technology, conviction, courage, and skills to hand the slavery cultists of your despicable, but fortunately shrinking empire, massive defeats and kick them off planets and "Reclaim" entire systems by force of arms.

Something in their arrogance your "crusaders" would do well to remember.

Do you really think that such naked aggression will serve you well in the long run?

Dolce et decorum est pro Imperium mori

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#63 - 2015-05-31 08:24:53 UTC
Jili Tonari wrote:
Rodj Blake wrote:

You seem to be implying that the Empire is full of warmongers and yet it wasn't Amarrian ships that attacked Yulai, it was Matari ones.

Maybe it ain't,

But it's lead by them. And y'all get your panties in a twist when anyone says anything bad about the Empress. So you want to be all sweetness and light, do so. Stop pretending that you ain't a bunch of zealot, warmongering slavers when you clearly are.

We do not forgive, we do not forget.

I remind you that one the Empress' first acts as head of state was to release a massive number of slaves.

Yes, her reign has seen the Empire at war, but let us not forget that the war started when Matari warships attacked Imperial territory.

Those two facts do not suggest that the Empire is led by a warmonger.

Lyn Farel
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#64 - 2015-05-31 09:23:04 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:

Quote:
There have been instances in history when the person on the throne was "removed" for the betterment of the Empire and said "removal" was neatly explained as being the Will of God.

No, there have not.

Will the next answer be "yes, there has." ?
Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#65 - 2015-05-31 13:01:05 UTC
Max Singularity wrote:
I wonder.

I wonder if there can be such sorcery.

However, I am a practical man. A man of science. A man of faith.

Yet... somehow... it seems a spell has been cast upon the stars of our Grand Golden Empire.

Why are so many asleep?

Are witches real?

I wonder.

I get what you are trying to do and I can appreciate it from a certain point of view but honestly this topic is far from causing death and destruction. It's not putting some new weapon of destruction in the hands of mad man, it's a shield, it saves lives. So find some other sticking point because this one adds no weight to your claim.

Though I doubt you'll ever find any.

Before you tote your little 'sarumites' phrase like your inclined to do remember I'm a Khanid Lord, I'm under no obligation to follow the Empress. I do so by choice because I respect her. I see a strong leader who came at her people's hour of need and saved them.

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

If you are brave, join me in the dark.

Jili Tonari
Doomheim
#66 - 2015-05-31 13:31:28 UTC
Rodj Blake wrote:
I remind you that one the Empress' first acts as head of state was to release a massive number of slaves.

Yes, her reign has seen the Empire at war, but let us not forget that the war started when Matari warships attacked Imperial territory.

I remind you that some doesn't equate to all.

The war started when the Empire invaded Matar and began enslaving my people.

Since then, there has been nothing to suggest you're anything but.

“Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves.”

Avio Yaken
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#67 - 2015-05-31 13:49:08 UTC
Why does every thread become some racial debate nowadays......

I remember when IGS was fun... nevermind it was never fun

Carry on

(.___________________________________________.)/

Sinjin Mokk
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#68 - 2015-05-31 13:53:33 UTC
Lyn Farel wrote:
Samira Kernher wrote:

Quote:
There have been instances in history when the person on the throne was "removed" for the betterment of the Empire and said "removal" was neatly explained as being the Will of God.

No, there have not.

Will the next answer be "yes, there has." ?

Yes there has,

Take a look at the history of "The Mad Emperor" Zaragram Ardishapur and how he was "removed" by his grandson, St. Tetrimon.

"Angels live, they never die, Apart from us, behind the sky. They're fading souls who've turned to ice, So ashen white in paradise."

Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#69 - 2015-05-31 14:10:36 UTC
Jili Tonari wrote:
Rodj Blake wrote:

If the empire released all her slaves at once aside from the sudden instability it would cost us you would be undated and your republic would almost instantly collapse under the weight. You barely managed the last time we only released slaves in the a for mentioned event.

But lets ignore cause and effect, can't trouble you with all those economics and logistics when all your focus is on all that seething hate.

Darkness is more then absence of light, it is ignorance and corruption. I will be the Bulwark from such things that you may live in the light. Pray so my arms do not grow weary and my footing remain sure.

Jili Tonari
Doomheim
#70 - 2015-05-31 14:22:39 UTC
Kithrus wrote:

If the empire released all her slaves at once aside from the sudden instability it would cost us you would be undated and your republic would almost instantly collapse under the weight. You barely managed the last time we only released slaves in the a for mentioned event.

But lets ignore cause and effect, can't trouble you with all those economics and logistics when all your focus is on all that seething hate.

Yet again we got Amarr arrogance saying they know what's best for us. You people ain't even aware you do it.

I think you're more scared of what would happen to your economy when all of a sudden you'd have to do for yourselves.

We'd take care of our own. Or we'd die. But it would be us callin the ball. It would us standing or falling on our own.

And the seething hate? That's your creation. What you give to the Matari, we give back unto you.

“Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves.”

Max Singularity
House Singularity
Sixth Empire
#71 - 2015-05-31 14:51:20 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
It's not putting some new weapon of destruction in the hands of mad man, it's a shield, it saves lives.

Two points for you good sir, since you so eloquently responded with rational. The first is that being a Sarumite is not limited to bloodline, nor for that fact even race, just those that follow a mad girl without question (even if there is legal right to question). It makes me wonder what magic maybe at work for the spell seems so deep, but this is such a minor point in this discussion, I'll dismiss it.

The next point is a matter of historic military knowledge. To think that a shield is not a weapon is an unlearned position in siege and fortress warfare. You may think this shield will save lives from a coup de main, but I can assure you this military weapon thrown out into the fields of battle of low sec and null sec will cost untold billions of lives. Alliances are already on the move and they have been for months based on leaked intelligence.

This 'shielding' technology is nothing more than the 'seeding' of gathering storm clouds, sowed by an irrational thief upon our throne.

Blessings be good sir.

Harbinger of Faith His Holiness Maximilian Singularity VI, Pope of New Eden

First Champion House Kador (defeated) - #MagnateGate

Viceroy Interview & Apostle In Amarr

Rodj Blake
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#72 - 2015-05-31 14:55:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Rodj Blake
Jili Tonari wrote:
Rodj Blake wrote:

So by your reckoning the subsequent peace treaty was irrelevant?

In that case, you will no doubt support the Empress should she chose to ignore the aforementioned treaty - which is what some people in this thread seem to think she has done by releasing the shield technology.

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#73 - 2015-05-31 15:50:11 UTC
I don't get why any Pro Matari capsuleers are even speaking up at this point. The Amarrians and their allies seem to be doing the work for you. Sit back and watch the multiple threads they are fighting amongst themselves in and revel in it.

Matar victor!

Ha...

Lol
Kithrus
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#74 - 2015-05-31 18:24:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Kithrus
Jili Tonari wrote:
Kithrus wrote:

Yet again we got Amarr arrogance saying they know what's best for us. You people ain't even aware you do it.

I think you're more scared of what would happen to your economy when all of a sudden you'd have to do for yourselves.

We'd take care of our own. Or we'd die. But it would be us callin the ball. It would us standing or falling on our own.

And the seething hate? That's your creation. What you give to the Matari, we give back unto you.

No its not us trying to impose whats best for you, as mentioned the sudden shift hurts us as well. To add to that as mentioned the release of the slaves by the Empress had your government straining for months if not years. It doesn't take much to assume the full weight of your people would crush you.

Set up to receive them first then releasing them is not a death sentence to you and them. That is fact pure and simple.

As for hate... the invasion of Pator wasn't done out of hate. You can't give back what we never gave. Now settle down, you are getting foam all over the carpet.

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#75 - 2015-05-31 19:54:10 UTC
Kithrus wrote:
Jili Tonari wrote:
Kithrus wrote:

No its not us trying to impose whats best for you, as mentioned the sudden shift hurts us as well. To add to that as mentioned the release of the slaves by the Empress had your government straining for months if not years. It doesn't take much to assume the full weight of your people would crush you.

Set up to receive them first then releasing them is not a death sentence to you and them. That is fact pure and simple.

As for hate... the invasion of Pator wasn't done out of hate. You can't give back what we never gave. Now settle down, you are getting foam all over the carpet.

Yes I know I'm being hypocritical by posting this, but COME ON!

None of this strain would even have happened if the invasion of Pator never was an invasion. If your god mandated to you that waiting until we suffer the worst natural disaster we've ever faced as a sign to show yourselves to us, where exactly is this love he has for us? Are you seriously going to say that enslavement was some form of humanitarian aid? You obviously don't understand what love is if this is your defense. If this is really it, his love is rather toxic, now isn't it? Did your little message have to be spread this way? No, and you all should be held responsible for it, or at least the ones who come to this actions defense. It is that mind set why this hate still boils. Maybe its just the way you all understood your god's words but still, if it breeds such thoughts and actions, how can you say he even loves you? His commandments bring these ill feelings between our people. In the end his command set these actions we all see now in motion. Period.

Please be my guest to prove me wrong using the words your god provided you. After all, a puppets mouth moves but only says what the puppet master wills.
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#76 - 2015-05-31 21:10:12 UTC
Sinjin Mokk wrote:
Yes there has,

Take a look at the history of "The Mad Emperor" Zaragram Ardishapur and how he was "removed" by his grandson, St. Tetrimon.

That person, whose name you should not be saying as he was struck, was a heretic who proclaimed himself emperor. He was never a legitimate emperor.

Max Singularity wrote:
(even if there is legal right to question)

You keep saying this as if that makes it true. Her Imperial Majesty is the voice of God. Her actions are the will of God. There is no legal right to question her, because there is no legal right to question God.

"The Theology Council hereby reaffirms the most ancient principle and doctrine of our faith, the word of the Empress is the word of God, the will of the Empress is the will of God. Let no man seek to shirk his obligations before God and His chosen representative in this world."
- Theology Council Principal Clerk Datna Jesebel
Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#77 - 2015-05-31 21:58:42 UTC
Max, you may have to warm up the lazers, those loyalists can't beat you in a... how to put this? Heated debate? Go convince them of the error of their ways already.

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.

Louanne Barros
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#78 - 2015-05-31 23:11:17 UTC
I thought I would stop in to remind people that the Circadian Seekers can already scan CONCORD-protected 'shielded' structures, of the type mentioned in the news report.

Here's some imagery from one of my couriers, captured today: https://puu.sh/i7Jmm/33634ad8c7.png
That's a Caldari high-security stargate being scanned top to bottom by Seekers.

This technology may have something to do with the Drifter 'threat', but don't take anything the Mad Empress claims at face value.
Samira Kernher
Cail Avetatu
#79 - 2015-05-31 23:34:59 UTC
No one has claimed that these shields stop seeker scans. What they do is protect against weapons fire.
Tyrel Toov
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#80 - 2015-05-31 23:57:20 UTC
Samira Kernher wrote:
No one has claimed that these shields stop seeker scans. What they do is protect against weapons fire.

And much like the rest of technology given to capsuleers, it will likely end up being used as a weapon of some sort. An invincible star of death surrounded by interdiction bubbles or some such placed along a trade route.

I want to paint my ship Periwinkle.