These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

WAT!? Super Amarrian Shields?

First post
Author
Ticondrius
Void Regulation
#1 - 2015-05-30 14:44:10 UTC
There isn't even a dev blog on this. New Shield Tech? Standard shields are upgraded, or is this a module..? Or is this just for POS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzrC0OUOQG4
Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#2 - 2015-05-30 14:52:51 UTC
It's just storyline fluff for the reason why we won't be shooting structures here soon anymore to take out the station services in outposts. The shields make the structures impenetrable with weapons so we have to use the Entosis link now to shut down station services because shooting them does nothing.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#3 - 2015-05-30 14:53:21 UTC
It's the lore behind why you'll need to use entosis on structures, rather than just shooting them to bits.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#4 - 2015-05-30 18:01:01 UTC
TL:DR FozzieSov

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Phoenix Jones
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2015-05-30 18:49:09 UTC
Amarr victor:-/

Yaay!!!!

Zaragram Dorgiers
Bold Lock Aggregations
#6 - 2015-05-30 19:15:29 UTC
The Other tricked us all into using shield technology that is vulnerable to Entosis Links.
Jenshae Chiroptera
#7 - 2015-05-30 19:31:46 UTC
You know when the wrapping is too small to cover the contents properly? Yeah ...

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2015-05-30 23:08:03 UTC
To make the Entosis likn worth of adding they have to Sarum empire involved into developent of supreme shield technolgy covered it by Drifter invasion counter measure. What's next?

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#9 - 2015-05-30 23:30:37 UTC
Slightly off topic here, but I feel like The Scope has a pretty strong conservative bias. It's just more of the mainstream EvE media spreading propaganda according to its political agenda. As such, I'd take everything they report with several heaping tablespoons of salt.

I prefer to get my EvE news from trustworthy and unbiased sources like blogs and forums.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#10 - 2015-05-30 23:37:45 UTC
Commissar Kate wrote:
It's just storyline fluff for the reason why we won't be shooting structures here soon anymore to take out the station services in outposts. The shields make the structures impenetrable with weapons so we have to use the Entosis link now to shut down station services because shooting them does nothing.


Yes. Smile
Zealous Miner
Doomheim
#11 - 2015-05-30 23:41:28 UTC
Glathull wrote:
Slightly off topic here, but I feel like The Scope has a pretty strong conservative bias. It's just more of the mainstream EvE media spreading propaganda according to its political agenda.

I agree.

Personally I prefer Amarr Certified News. The only God-fearing news source that understands the concept of decency.

Fedo. Fedo? Fedo!

Rei Lithium
New Canada
#12 - 2015-05-31 01:55:12 UTC
Zealous Miner wrote:
Personally I prefer Amarr Certified News. The only God-fearing news source that understands the concept of decency.


That's what you would say. Those left-wind pinko's at Amarr Certified don't understand "Fare and Ballened" news like The Scope does.

Jenshae Chiroptera
#13 - 2015-05-31 02:54:42 UTC
Glathull wrote:
... I prefer to get my EvE news from trustworthy and unbiased sources like blogs and forums.
Ahahahahhahahaaa!!!
*Wipes tears away*
Ahahahahahhahaha!!!

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Commissar Kate
NulzSec
#14 - 2015-05-31 03:05:49 UTC
Zealous Miner wrote:
Glathull wrote:
Slightly off topic here, but I feel like The Scope has a pretty strong conservative bias. It's just more of the mainstream EvE media spreading propaganda according to its political agenda.

I agree.

Personally I prefer Amarr Certified News. The only God-fearing news source that understands the concept of decency.

Get out!
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2015-05-31 03:46:44 UTC
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#16 - 2015-05-31 03:47:29 UTC
Ticondrius wrote:
There isn't even a dev blog on this.

Don't look so worried.
Zappity
Kurved Trading
#17 - 2015-05-31 05:01:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
I've given up on these 'news' articles. They are so detached from EVE reality that they are misleading.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Kiandoshia
Likely Suspects
RAZOR Alliance
#18 - 2015-05-31 06:00:55 UTC
Ticondrius wrote:
There isn't even a dev blog on this.


The devblogs about Fozziesov explain this.
Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#19 - 2015-05-31 06:32:02 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Glathull wrote:
... I prefer to get my EvE news from trustworthy and unbiased sources like blogs and forums.
Ahahahahhahahaaa!!!
*Wipes tears away*
Ahahahahahhahaha!!!



Some people get satire; some don't.

Welcome to the club.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2015-05-31 08:48:46 UTC
I do have to ask, what is the lore reason these shield generators wouldn't fit inside a titan?

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

123Next page