These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

GalMil community/comms?

Author
Paxx Mandragoran
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-05-28 15:54:31 UTC
Greetings all,

I've finally gotten tired of blasting rocks and decided to give FW another shot (I brielfy tried it out about a year ago).

I'm having a great time looking for and finding solo fights (and sometimes getting chased around by small gangs. If the goal is to blow up a bunch of my own ships, I'm definitely winning Eve! Oops Hopefully I'll eventually figure this whole PvP thing out and start winning some fights, but in the meantime, I'm having a blast and that's what matters.

Anyway... here's the question. I'd like to get involved in fleets. I remember that there used to be a Gallente militia TS server. Is this still a thing? I've asked a couple times in militia chat and haven't ever received any replies. If not, how are comms handled for fleets? I haven't joined a fleet yet because I don't want to be "that guy" with no voice comms.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd much appreciate it. My killboard could use some group green action to counteract my terribad solo performance, lol.
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2015-05-28 16:01:23 UTC
If someone can also give me the Amarr Militia coms details that would be great :)
Corail Amber
Losing All Hope Was Freedom
#3 - 2015-05-28 16:05:49 UTC
Join a corp that is trusted among Galmil and you'll have TS access in no time.

On the other hand, you can probably understand why no one is giving you server name and passwords when they see some random dude they don't know asking in Militia chat, where literally anyone can create an alt and enlist in militia for spying purpose.

Although Galmil TS is not really well secured against spies, cause people can just drop militia and keep the server adress, they usually set up specific passwords for some fleet channels. You'll only get the password if you're accepted in the fleet, which means they know you or the corp you're in.

So bottom line is, join a good Galmil corp and you'll get to fly in fleets.
Paxx Mandragoran
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-05-28 16:30:49 UTC
Thanks for the responses. I'm surprised about the concerns for spying since every time a noob asks about PvP on the forums they are told to join FW where they can fly a tackle frigate for open fleets even with a 1 day old character... I guess maybe I misunderstood what was meant by "open fleet." Doesn't seem very open if access is limited to people in established/well-known FW corps. Seems silly to think that "joining a good GalMil corp" will somehow make that 1 day old character any less likely to be a spy.

Even so, I figured the 10 year old character would probably alleviate the "anyone can create an alt for spying" concerns. Seems like if someone wanted to burn a 10 year old toon for spying, they would aim for a more lucrative target :)

Anyway, the ease of using my personal corp to transfer stuff back and forth among my characters is important to me, so I'm not super interested in joining a fw corp... I was just hoping to join some of the open fleets.

Fly safe.
Zoe Athame
Don't Lose Your Way
#5 - 2015-05-28 17:23:37 UTC
Have you tried actually asking the people who are running the fleets?
Paxx Mandragoran
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2015-05-28 19:37:13 UTC
Zoe Athame wrote:
Have you tried actually asking the people who are running the fleets?

I figured that someone running a fleet was probably busy with more important things than helping me figure out how to join comms. That's why I came here looking for the info.

I suppose I could just pop into a fleet and ask, but it seems to me like asking basic stuff like that when you know someone is busy isn't the best way to go about it. Evidently, neither is asking on the forums Big smile
lord xavier
Rubbed Out
#7 - 2015-05-28 20:04:36 UTC
There are alot of comms for GalMil.

Anyone running a fleet will have comms to share, and they will drag you.
BigDaddy Toothbrush
Rapid Withdrawal
Pen Is Out
#8 - 2015-05-28 20:46:09 UTC
Every night I'm on, there are between 3-6 fleets up and running that are open to members of the militia. Join one. The comms info is usually in the message of the day that broadcasts when you join the fleet.

If that isn't the case, ask. FC might be too busy to help you, but every other member of the fleet can help out.

It is true that you'll get more invites if you're part of the more well-known parts of the community, but RDRAW had fleets last weekend where we had a ton of FDU guys in fleet, so I know fleets exist that accept a lot of different people.

Fly dangerous,
Uncle Tooth
RDRAW Loot Gypsy
Paxx Mandragoran
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-05-28 21:12:35 UTC
Thanks for all the replies. I didn't know that the fleets have a motd that will broadcast the info... but that makes sense. I guess I was needlessly worried about being a nuisance.

Looks like the answer is to just join a fleet and figure it out, so I'll hop into a fleet this weekend and see if I can get it sorted out.

o7

May Arethusa
Junction Systems
#10 - 2015-05-28 21:42:32 UTC
Oh don't worry, we'll sort you out.
Paxx Mandragoran
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#11 - 2015-06-01 14:41:35 UTC
Just wanted to pop in and say thank you to the people who told me to go ahead and join a fleet and the comms will get worked out. You were right.

I had more fun this weekend flying with a couple small fleets than I've had since I started playing eve. As a bonus, I learned how quickly an ECM boat gets blasted off the field when your fleet slides into a defended plex! Shocked (I jammed the hell out of the enemy logi before I died in a glorious fire though!)

Samuel Triptee
Frankenstuff
#12 - 2015-06-02 15:48:59 UTC
Paxx Mandragoran wrote:
Just wanted to pop in and say thank you to the people who told me to go ahead and join a fleet and the comms will get worked out. You were right.

I had more fun this weekend flying with a couple small fleets than I've had since I started playing eve. As a bonus, I learned how quickly an ECM boat gets blasted off the field when your fleet slides into a defended plex! Shocked (I jammed the hell out of the enemy logi before I died in a glorious fire though!)

Glorious ECM Fire = Best Fire

Have You Hugged Your Frigate Today?

Rinai Vero
Blades of Liberty
#13 - 2015-06-02 17:33:50 UTC
Paxx Mandragoran wrote:

Hey, was good having you in fleet. Onward!