These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

FW Orbital Strikes Channels?

Author
PlayerNikita
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-05-12 17:19:06 UTC
I know that threads like this already exist, but from my own search both over google and eve forums i found that they are several years old, so i felt like there is a reason to create a new one asking for updates:

Are Orbital Strikes in EVE still a thing? Do DUST 514 players still play FW matches and frequently request capsuleers for OBs? I used to do them a lot back in the day before i took a break. Feel free to consider me a weirdo, but i find great fun in helping and knowing i wreak chaoc down on the surface. If yes, what channels do DUST players use nowadays?
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2015-05-13 08:26:50 UTC
PlayerNikita wrote:
I know that threads like this already exist, but from my own search both over google and eve forums i found that they are several years old, so i felt like there is a reason to create a new one asking for updates:

Are Orbital Strikes in EVE still a thing? Do DUST 514 players still play FW matches and frequently request capsuleers for OBs? I used to do them a lot back in the day before i took a break. Feel free to consider me a weirdo, but i find great fun in helping and knowing i wreak chaoc down on the surface. If yes, what channels do DUST players use nowadays?


o/ yes Dust orbital strikes are still a thing, with regards to specific channels you would have to ask the commanders of your particular militia, or ask the Dusties in their staging systems. Posting the names of Intel channels on a public forum is not likely to happen much :)
Moonlit Raid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2015-05-28 02:20:47 UTC
I fitted orbital strike weapons once, flew to a planet with a DUST colony/combat site/whatever. And discovered I couldn't just randomly fire at the sony ponies.

I SD'd that piece of **** right then and there and concluded DUST was never supposed to be part of eve.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

Haatakan Reppola
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-05-28 11:09:39 UTC
Moonlit Raid wrote:
I fitted orbital strike weapons once, flew to a planet with a DUST colony/combat site/whatever. And discovered I couldn't just randomly fire at the sony ponies.


Would be so much fun taking a full fleet over to planet and start raining down hell on the dust players :P
Moonlit Raid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2015-05-28 23:48:07 UTC
Haatakan Reppola wrote:
Moonlit Raid wrote:
I fitted orbital strike weapons once, flew to a planet with a DUST colony/combat site/whatever. And discovered I couldn't just randomly fire at the sony ponies.


Would be so much fun taking a full fleet over to planet and start raining down hell on the dust players :P

That was stage 2 if I could have fired.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.