These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How do you beat a Vexor Navy Issue?

Author
Sharpest Banana
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-05-25 13:00:36 UTC
It seems everyone i run into can tank anything i throw at it aswell as chip away at my health and outsustain me.

Is there a clear point of attack that i am missing?
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#2 - 2015-05-25 15:47:58 UTC
Kill the drones. Nexor can only launch one and a half sets or so, and 5 heavies are quickly dead if it's those you're talking about.
CowRocket Void
Of Tears and ISK
ISK.Net
#3 - 2015-05-25 16:09:07 UTC
You called it health? Oh, you must be new hereRoll

bleeding shadow darkness > did i just saw a red procurer? :P

Sharpest Banana
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-05-25 17:51:58 UTC
CowRocket Void wrote:
You called it health? Oh, you must be new hereRoll

Oh sorry, i still use the wrong terms :b i have to resist the urge to call the rats NPC rats aswell.
Igor Nappi
Doomheim
#5 - 2015-05-25 23:13:07 UTC
Just like every other ship in the game.

100 [insert ship type] and support.

Easy.

Furthermore, I think that links must be removed from the game.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2015-05-26 04:19:35 UTC
Pop its drone, apply neut, finish him.
Traejun DiSanctis
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-05-26 05:18:44 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Pop its drone, apply neut, finish him.

This. A small, agile ship going fast can make short work of the drones and then neut the cap dry. At that point, it's dead.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#8 - 2015-05-26 07:02:19 UTC
I will tell you how not to kill a Vexor Navy Issue...

One night, I may have had a drink or three, and I saw that someone had reported a Comet Navy Issue in the intel channel. So, I logged in my frigate pilot, hopped into my trusty Daredevil and headed out to pick a fight. The gate flashed and I sped in to tackle the "Comet Navy Issue." Just as I aggressed, my brain caught up with my eyes and I realized that the opposing icon was the wrong size. Two hits later, my Daredevil had succumbed to his Geckos.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Bruce Kemp
Best Kept Dunked
Train Wreck.
#9 - 2015-05-26 16:05:42 UTC
Well i killed an Ishtar in my Orthrus the other day, I'd imagine it would do the same to a VNI Twisted
Valkin Mordirc
#10 - 2015-05-26 16:34:29 UTC
Really anything that can out run it's drones and stay out of neut range

So Orthrus/Noman/Gila

A Triple repped Vexor can also kill it, theres a video out there of I think Mr. Duffo? Not sure though.

For the most part the VNI is alllmost OP. Not quite but very close. The GIla/Orthrus are pretty much Cancer to Balance and they can pretty much 1v1 anyother cruiser.
#DeleteTheWeak
Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#11 - 2015-05-26 17:20:50 UTC
Keep a tackle on it, youll want a scram because those buggers are quick when shield fit, then go to work on its drones, once those are down and out you just have to contend with the hybrid weapons if any, which isnt usually a problem.

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Sharpest Banana
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2015-05-26 20:08:21 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:

So Orthrus/Noman/Gila

A Triple repped Vexor can also kill it, theres a video out there of I think Mr. Duffo? Not sure though.

For the most part the VNI is alllmost OP. Not quite but very close. The GIla/Orthrus are pretty much Cancer to Balance and they can pretty much 1v1 anyother cruiser.

What fit would worm against the VNI as a gila? Ive been running with RLM, 2x valk 2's in space (more in hold), and 2 LSE/Adapt fields, with a MWD and Disrupt and orbiting around 18km to stay out of their Neut range (i understand most of them run neuts?)

Would you suggest that or something more brawly/close range
Valkin Mordirc
#13 - 2015-05-27 03:00:21 UTC
Sharpest Banana wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:

So Orthrus/Noman/Gila

What fit would worm against the VNI as a gila? Ive been running with RLM, 2x valk 2's in space (more in hold), and 2 LSE/Adapt fields, with a MWD and Disrupt and orbiting around 18km to stay out of their Neut range (i understand most of them run neuts?)

Would you suggest that or something more brawly/close range

\

I'm not to sure honestly.

Last time I fought a VNI in a gila, I just kinda stood there and took the DPS and my Buffer was enough to outlast him and my DPS was so high he wasn't able to tank it.

I just hit the scam web, F and F1 and won.

But Ideally yeah your fit would work.
#DeleteTheWeak
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#14 - 2015-05-27 03:04:31 UTC  |  Edited by: W0lf Crendraven
Valkin Mordirc wrote:

So Orthrus/Noman/Gila

Not really, triple rep vexor dies to neuting preassure sadly and you cant really outrun geckos due to the drone speed bonus.

Orthrus can do it but thats going to be close as ****, same with the gila. Dual injector dual rep deimos should win it without a problem though (dual injector cause the neut preassure does mount up).

Garmur/crow/arty svipul in a speed fit should be able to easily win as well, heat (mwd + guns) on the light drone set (usually only one) and if you kill that its a free win.
Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#15 - 2015-05-27 05:32:18 UTC
Another Vexor Navy Issue, only with a better pilot.
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2015-05-27 16:11:30 UTC
The VNI, especially hull tanked, is a bit of a monster in a one on one scenario. They are almost always neut fit so the notion that you can orbit close and kill the drones...well you are welcome to try. A hull tanked VNI can fit 4x medium cap warfare mods and I usually run mine with dual webs; please, PLEASE try to brawl that. And if you are willing to spend 100M on Geckos...with the hull's 25% tracking and velocity bonus they can headshot frigates with ease.

The last thing you want to do to a VNI is get inside neut range. Your best bet is to just blob it, or like the others said use a ship that can apply heavy damage at range and is fast enough to be a difficult target for Ogre IIs. And if you see Geckos just run, because they'll catch anything bigger than a frigate that isn't boosted.

The VNI is probably the best Navy cruiser in the game. Don't fight it 1v1 unless you can apply DPS from well outside scram range and preserve your GTFO option.
Badman Lasermouse
Run and Gun Mercenary Corps
#17 - 2015-05-29 16:55:18 UTC
Killing VNI geckos before they kill you is easier said than done.

-Badman

Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2015-05-29 22:41:37 UTC
Badman Lasermouse wrote:
Killing VNI geckos before they kill you is easier said than done.

Pretty much impossible in a 1v1.
Valkin Mordirc
#19 - 2015-05-30 02:24:46 UTC
W0lf Crendraven wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:

So Orthrus/Noman/Gila

Not really, triple rep vexor dies to neuting preassure sadly and you cant really outrun geckos due to the drone speed bonus.

Orthrus can do it but thats going to be close as ****, same with the gila. Dual injector dual rep deimos should win it without a problem though (dual injector cause the neut preassure does mount up).

Garmur/crow/arty svipul in a speed fit should be able to easily win as well, heat (mwd + guns) on the light drone set (usually only one) and if you kill that its a free win.

Gecko's are becoming less and less common. Unless your in highsec it's likely you'll come across Heavies. At least that's what I've seen in the past week.

The Gila will destroy a VNI smiling. I remember coming up against a neut VNI, All I had to do was asign drones and wait patently for my dps to break him. The GIla is near passive anyways Neuts don't really mean anything if you Dual ASB fit.

Orthrus properly piloted can out run mediums, it'll probably be RLML and so killing drones would be cake as long as it's not Geckos, which your right it would be close. However the Orthrus can always disengage if things go hairy.

That my experiences on it anyways.

I agree on everything else though.
#DeleteTheWeak