These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Any skin on any ship - bug on SiSi - yes we could have skins on ships

First post First post First post
Author
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#461 - 2015-05-21 17:05:14 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
Dev blog on Shaders/Textures, but we've officially passed week TWO of no Dev Blog on Skins that was Promised by CCP Falcon. Funny that isn't it.

While a skin bug might well be the difference between life and death for you, it's likely way down the list of priorities for CCP. There are all kinds of things I'd like to see focused on that have actual relevance to the game instead of what you see when spinning your ship.

Take a deep breath and accept that just because you have a want and no one jumps to kiss your ass immediately when you cry and stomp your feet, that it's not being looked at by CCP. It is. Just HTFU about it.

Mr Epeen Cool
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#462 - 2015-05-21 17:16:48 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:
Dev blog on Shaders/Textures, but we've officially passed week TWO of no Dev Blog on Skins that was Promised by CCP Falcon. Funny that isn't it.

While a skin bug might well be the difference between life and death for you, it's likely way down the list of priorities for CCP. There are all kinds of things I'd like to see focused on that have actual relevance to the game instead of what you see when spinning your ship.

Take a deep breath and accept that just because you have a want and no one jumps to kiss your ass immediately when you cry and stomp your feet, that it's not being looked at by CCP. It is. Just HTFU about it.

Mr Epeen Cool

But Falcon promised! ! They shouldn't have promised and had a big meeting about it then.

And you only care cuz you HEAVILY speculated into Skins.
Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#463 - 2015-05-21 17:24:14 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

But Falcon promised! ! They shouldn't have promised and had a big meeting about it then.

Now we are getting some real content with V5++. This is what CCP should be focusing on, not ship SKINs. This will make a big difference to everyone and is for the overall benefit of the game. I'd much rather see CCP focusing on stuff like this than vanity items.
Memphis Baas
#464 - 2015-05-21 17:54:44 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
But Falcon promised!
Falcon posts what his bosses tell him to post. Like this. Not sure why people like the guy.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#465 - 2015-05-21 18:35:58 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
But Falcon promised!
Falcon posts what his bosses tell him to post. Like this. Not sure why people like the guy.

Falcon is only a man that is stranded on volcanic island with cold weather and hakarl smelling vikings. Sometimes he must submit to them to survive one day longer.
Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#466 - 2015-05-21 18:36:33 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Then maybe they shouldn't of promised to have one for us for LAST week? I didn't demand a Dev Blog, they said they were gonna post one rather than answer questions on the forums.. Instead they have done neither.
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#467 - 2015-05-21 23:49:59 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Then maybe they shouldn't of promised to have one for us for LAST week? I didn't demand a Dev Blog, they said they were gonna post one rather than answer questions on the forums.. Instead they have done neither.

Tomorrow's Friday...
So you guys think they finally give us the devblog tomorrow or is it gonna go into week three without blog after promised next week?
The Golden Serpent
A Drunken Squirrels' Conspiracy for Revenge
#468 - 2015-05-22 01:18:07 UTC  |  Edited by: The Golden Serpent
Uh, im okay with CCP making money for the game I had no part in creating...some of the people here are the most scumbag communist collectivists I have ever seen.

I like the lore based restrictions they help flesh out the world.

-:¦:-•:'":•.-:¦:-•* K H A N I D •-:¦:-•:''''*:•-:¦:-

Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#469 - 2015-05-22 03:27:15 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
Memphis Baas wrote:
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
But Falcon promised!

Falcon is only a man that is stranded on volcanic island with cold weather and hakarl smelling vikings. Sometimes he must submit to them to survive one day longer.

Lol
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#470 - 2015-05-22 12:02:39 UTC
I cant find the answer. This thread was about the Sisi bug. We know they fixed it on TQ but is it still there on test server?

Devblog?
Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#471 - 2015-05-22 12:05:21 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:
I cant find the answer. This thread was about the Sisi bug. We know they fixed it on TQ but is it still there on test server?

Devblog?

why not just submit a support ticket instead of ranting daily on the forums about a devblog?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Avaelica Kuershin
Paper Cats
#472 - 2015-05-22 12:11:58 UTC
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:

Devblog?

Well now, take a look at the latest devblog, take in the details regarding materials and maps... I know it doesn't exactly answer the question regarding what is being done regarding roll-your-own SKINS, but it's highly likely they want to get V5++ done before moving on to custom SKINs.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#473 - 2015-05-22 12:38:21 UTC
Is it just me or are the same people who cried that CCP adds skinns and shiny **** with the argument that it will create tons of new players and revenue for CCP the ones who now cry because they have to pay something for textures on their pixel spaceships?

I mean why should you care about how easy it is for them to create this skins if you wanted this microtransaction **** to purchase said skins in the first place?
Castelo Selva
Forcas armadas
Brave Collective
#474 - 2015-05-22 14:48:29 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:

Best quote ever. Your are my new hero.
Sniper Smith
Gallente Federation
#475 - 2015-05-22 16:01:00 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:

Devblog?

why not just submit a support ticket instead of ranting daily on the forums about a devblog?

Because he said we'd get a Dev Blog. In fact he's said it twice.. Once here, and once a week later on Reddit after he was called out there for not doing it yet.

In most business if you tell a customer you're gonna do something, and don't, it doesn't go over well. He didn't say "We may release a devblog in the future".. he said it was gonna be posted, early Last week.

I'm just trying to hold CCP Accountable for what THEY say. If they aren't sure, then maybe they shouldn't be making promises?
Arya Alderian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#476 - 2015-05-22 21:48:53 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Carrie-Anne Moss wrote:

Devblog?

Because he said we'd get a Dev Blog. In fact he's said it twice.. Once here, and once a week later on Reddit after he was called out there for not doing it yet.

In most business if you tell a customer you're gonna do something, and don't, it doesn't go over well. He didn't say "We may release a devblog in the future".. he said it was gonna be posted, early Last week.

I'm just trying to hold CCP Accountable for what THEY say. If they aren't sure, then maybe they shouldn't be making promises?

Well friday is over in Iceland.
Ccp Falcon, devblog early next week then?
Please give status report to us here.
Thanks
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#477 - 2015-05-26 11:59:38 UTC
I seen a couple of Police Skinned Ishtars last night. I was awwed and asked the guys and they said they kept them in a SMA.
So do people still have bugged skinned ships then?
Carrie-Anne Moss
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#478 - 2015-05-27 18:39:32 UTC
Middle of week 3 since Falcon promised our Devblog and no update yet...

?
Damen Apol
Pumpkin Spice Girls
#479 - 2015-05-27 23:15:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Damen Apol
It is pretty shoddy practice to fail to deliver on promises and go completely silent about it.

I'd be much more respecting of a "Hey I know we said we'd do this but it turns out we ran into some complex discussions or technical difficulties or whatever line you want to give us so it'll probably take more time." than just complete silence.

I'd even be okay with a straight face, we're making more money this way so we're keeping it this way answer.

But of course if that's the case they don't have much of a reason to say anything.
Sniper Smith
Gallente Federation
#480 - 2015-05-27 23:24:38 UTC
Ya this is really irking me. If there's a reason for the delay, how hard would it be to say something.. but we know there's no reason for the delay, cause they said on the first week that they had intentionally stopped cause they didn't feel it was needed.. Then said they were gonna do it. So now they are just dragging their feet, probably hoping everyone forgets about it.