These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Finding a supplier

Author
Nicola Romanoff
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#1 - 2015-05-21 12:04:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Nicola Romanoff
Imagine this scenario: you need a bunch of minerals on a fairly regular basis in high sec. You don’t want to buy from the extortionate sellers prices in trade hubs and instead would rather forge a relationship with a corp of miners near to where you live.

They sell you minerals at a little below trade sellers price and so they don’t have to haul it or play 0.1isk games and I get my minerals, Everyone's a winner as Hot Chocolate once sang.

The problem: finding corps local to me that actually mine and are willing to do a deal on minerals. I have tried flying through the roid fields near me and evemailing miners that I see, although I have had a few responses I've not had many and by my writing this post, none were looking to supply outside of their own operations. Also I am online for a very limited window so I do not get to see all the people who may shoot rocks in other time zones.

I am just looking for thoughts and opinions on the best way to try and achieve this goal, any (useful) ideas welcome.

As an aside I wish people used the constellation chat window, it may at least make this idea feasible in my timezone.

Thanks

N
Haffsol
#2 - 2015-05-21 12:53:26 UTC
That's why buy orders are that awesome.
Abadayos
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2015-05-21 14:04:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Abadayos
You can go and do buy orders and mail the people that fulfil them.

I hada longer post but the forum ate it sadly :(
Nicola Romanoff
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#4 - 2015-05-21 16:12:14 UTC
Abadayos wrote:
You can go and do buy orders and mail the people that fulfil them.

I hada longer post but the forum ate it sadly :(

damn forums :)

Thanks, Ive no idea why I didnt think of that.
Rawketsled
Generic Corp Name
#5 - 2015-05-21 22:43:44 UTC
Join the Bulk Trade mailing list.
Eric Raeder
No Fee Too High
#6 - 2015-05-22 06:46:40 UTC
You might want to try anchoring advertising cans at gates in nearby systems. Anchor a small secure can on grid with the gate and name it something like "Miners, I want to buy your ore! Check market in systemX for buy orders or contact Nicola Romanoff"

Not sure if the character limit is long enough for all of that that but you get the idea.
Sweet Adamas
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2015-05-22 19:57:57 UTC
nothing better than people trying to disguise a i "will buy your ore at 10% below Jita price"
Abadayos
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#8 - 2015-05-23 04:31:48 UTC
Eric Raeder wrote:
You might want to try anchoring advertising cans at gates in nearby systems. Anchor a small secure can on grid with the gate and name it something like "Miners, I want to buy your ore! Check market in systemX for buy orders or contact Nicola Romanoff"

Not sure if the character limit is long enough for all of that that but you get the idea.

I'll be honest, I never pay attention to those cans, but it could work...maybe?
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#9 - 2015-05-24 09:03:14 UTC
Rawketsled wrote:
Join the Bulk Trade mailing list.

The 'Bulk Trade' mailing list has been largely defunct for quite a while now after the decision to implement a google docs based system with monthly charges collapsed the user base.

The best mailing list for trading large amounts of anything is currently 'Wholesale Trading'.

Alternatively the 'Minerals & Manufacturing' standard CCP chat channel can be quite good for arranging sales of ore & minerals etc.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Eric Raeder
No Fee Too High
#10 - 2015-05-24 17:59:57 UTC
Abadayos wrote:
Eric Raeder wrote:

I'll be honest, I never pay attention to those cans, but it could work...maybe?

I certainly ignore a lot of them, but to a large extent it's because so many are in languages I can't read. The relative few that are in English kind of stand out. Just understand that the potential customer will only see the first few words on his overview, you want to make those first words count, and get him to mouseover to read the details in the longer message. If you want to avoid the gate clutter, you might try anchoring the ads at belts.
Nicola Romanoff
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#11 - 2015-05-24 21:49:51 UTC
i think ill go with setting up a buy order and see who fullfills it (hopefully fulfills it)