These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Dev Blog: Signing up to Rule Alliance Tournament XIII

First post
Author
CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1 - 2015-05-20 14:59:44 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Phantom
As Alliance Tournament XIII draws closer, it’s time for prospective teams to express their interest in honorable spaceship combat. If you wish to throw your hat into the arena and see what the rules will be this year, then you should check out this dev blog by me, CCP Logibro.

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

Forlorn Wongraven
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#2 - 2015-05-20 15:13:24 UTC
Quote:
All logistics and electronic warfare drones are allowed.

Does this include the T2 logistic drones as well?

Winner ATXI , 3rd place ATXII, winner ATXIII, 2nd ATXIV - follow me on twitter: @ForlornW

CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2015-05-20 15:18:18 UTC
Forlorn Wongraven wrote:
Quote:
All logistics and electronic warfare drones are allowed.

Does this include the T2 logistic drones as well?


T2 Logi drones are permitted.

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

Agent Known
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2015-05-20 15:27:05 UTC
I very much like the banning of scripted damps and tracking disruptors...it'll hopefully encourage more strategy than just locking someone down the entire match.
Logicycle
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#5 - 2015-05-20 15:48:12 UTC
No Bastion Marauders and no scripts, this should make things interesting.
Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2015-05-20 15:57:18 UTC
T1 Drones only? No T2, Faction, or Augmented.. That's just silly.
Fade Toblack
Per.ly
The 20 Minuters
#7 - 2015-05-20 16:26:25 UTC
No points value for Transport Ships?
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#8 - 2015-05-20 16:32:39 UTC
Fade Toblack wrote:
No points value for Transport Ships?

Transport ships are not allowed.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2015-05-20 16:46:31 UTC
Am i missing something or have the linit of single ASB from previous tournaments was lifted?
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2015-05-20 17:07:30 UTC
Max Kolonko wrote:
Am i missing something or have the linit of single ASB from previous tournaments was lifted?


The line "The Ancillary Shield Boost module will be restricted to a maximum of one per ship" is still in the same spot as it was last year.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#11 - 2015-05-20 17:35:10 UTC
Sensor damps, Bastion and Drone meta too stronk!

Good changes - this should mix things up a bit t his year.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2015-05-20 18:32:43 UTC
It's just odd that you can't script damps, or tracking disruption, but you can still use ECM, which is easily as strong at either of those scripted.
Max Kolonko
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2015-05-20 18:42:46 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
It's just odd that you can't script damps, or tracking disruption, but you can still use ECM, which is easily as strong at either of those scripted.



ecm works the same at brawl distance as in range. Range Damps and Range Tracking Disruption is what put all setups into damp war control kitey thingy last two tourneys
Greygal
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#14 - 2015-05-20 19:36:54 UTC
So the best 16 teams duke it out against each other the first weekend, which means that potentially 8 of the best teams from last year will be knocked out in the first weekend...

... and the first weekend won't be broadcast?

Please rethink broadcasting first weekend!

Love all the changes, especially the change to drones. Surprised by the limit of two per hull (instead of three), gotta rework everything! :) Going to make for some really interesting setups!



What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

Free weekly public roams & monthly NewBro new player roams!

Visit Redemption Road or join mailing list REDEMPTION ROAMS for information

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#15 - 2015-05-20 20:51:10 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Fozzie
Sniper Smith wrote:
It's just odd that you can't script damps, or tracking disruption, but you can still use ECM, which is easily as strong at either of those scripted.

In a tournament, ECM is much less powerful than scripted damps and (when facing turret ships) scripted TDs.

Greygal wrote:
So the best 16 teams duke it out against each other the first weekend, which means that potentially 8 of the best teams from last year will be knocked out in the first weekend...

Actually the opposite. High seeds are matched against low seeds so that they don't meet Each other until later.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Brain Gehirn
Perkone
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-05-20 20:54:13 UTC
Any specific reason to not broadcast the first weekend?
Greygal
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#17 - 2015-05-20 21:22:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Greygal
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Greygal wrote:
So the best 16 teams duke it out against each other the first weekend, which means that potentially 8 of the best teams from last year will be knocked out in the first weekend...

Actually the opposite. High seeds are matched against low seeds so that they don't meet Each other until later.



Oh wow, I totally misread that! Cool!

Edit: Well, maybe not so cool, cause "lesser" teams will be against powerhouses early! Still, it's good!

Still want first weekend broadcast :) Half the fun is watching the matches before and after your own match!

Edit again: When will prizes be announced?

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

Free weekly public roams & monthly NewBro new player roams!

Visit Redemption Road or join mailing list REDEMPTION ROAMS for information

Tomski Ruslav
C0ntraband Inc.
#18 - 2015-05-20 22:08:48 UTC
I see you work your hardest to make sure the Nestor isnt used ingame Roll

One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#19 - 2015-05-20 22:35:53 UTC

For our understanding, can you post how the brackets will be setup?

My guess is that no two top 16 teams can meet each other until their 3 Match, so that each route to the new top 16 involves defeating 1, and only 1, of the previous top 16.

What is the significance of the seat numbers 31-34, which we silently bid on? Are they in brackets with weaker teams?

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#20 - 2015-05-20 22:57:07 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

For our understanding, can you post how the brackets will be setup?

My guess is that no two top 16 teams can meet each other until their 3 Match, so that each route to the new top 16 involves defeating 1, and only 1, of the previous top 16.

What is the significance of the seat numbers 31-34, which we silently bid on? Are they in brackets with weaker teams?

We'll see if we can get something posted when we get back into work tomorrow, since it looks like the seeding is causing a bit more confusion than we expected.

As for 31-34, they'll actually face each other (31 vs 34 and 32 vs 33) in the 1st round since it's the middle of the pack.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

12Next page