These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Speculate - What would happen if EVE added New Server Options?

First post
Author
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#61 - 2015-05-19 23:40:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Shederov Blood wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
The split into Felucca and Trammel were the death of Ultima Online.

Nonsense. UO became more successful than ever after the split.
The only people who said it died were the sociopaths who had their easy-mode carebear-ganking taken away.

As a well-known blacksmith on my shard, nobody needed to buy my deadly-poisoned weapons anymore, nor anything else for that matter. The major malls all closed too.

There was a short-term blip in player activity post-split to explore the new content (the Felucca-only events), but after that the decline was rapid. I remember how lame it was to endure thieves and killers at the events, while waiting for the boss to spawn, then trying to open the corpse to get anything. Then there were the new areas that were oriented for groups, which were impossible as there were no players to group with anymore.

As a PvE-only player, I never had to fear reds (PKs), because they knew me via my goods ("Hey! I know you! I was killed by one of your weapons yesterday! Can you make some for me?"), and they even protected me when I was in dungeons.

I was subscribed to Ultima Online for 14(?) years, so I saw it from its peak, past the split, and into its rapid decline. My subscription ended when they messed-up billing when Mythic took over, and later changed the billing system without notifying me.
Kaye Kaye
Doomheim
#62 - 2015-05-20 03:22:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaye Kaye
Eve Solecist wrote:
They avoid PvP, because players are the only ones
who can show them what they are really worth.

Not to argue your point of view regarding a play style, but....

You seem to be very angry, why? Would changing this game effect your life in some meaningful way?

It's just a game, and these are just other people who enjoy space games or whatever. Why would you
feel the need to bad mouth a play style and use such negative references to someones "personal value"?
Do many players feel so comfortable to extend their in game "pirate role" on the forums while discussing the game.

Perhaps this is indeed a very personal game for many long term players to actually be angry over it. It shouldn't be
that important, really!

Best
Julius Priscus
#63 - 2015-05-20 05:00:30 UTC
there is already more than one server.

China server and rest of the world server.

if ccp did make another server it would have to be just like the china server. separate from tranq.
Commander Spurty
#64 - 2015-05-20 11:08:58 UTC
Mate, SiSi is that way -----------------------> nope, keep going ----> almost there ----->

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

flakeys
Doomheim
#65 - 2015-05-20 15:07:02 UTC
If only threats would get locked for speculation .... o wait ... but but the header says .....

One day i'll figure out these ISD guys , one day .

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Conrad Makbure
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2015-05-20 15:54:09 UTC
Addional servers with different rules doesn't seem to be eve online to me. The only thing is could see that might work is a free phasing type system. Something that would use existing space that contains high, low, null sec everywhere simultaneously and you phase to the space you want, no change for wh space. Risk/reward changes appropriately.
Kamahl Daikun
State War Academy
Caldari State
#67 - 2015-05-20 20:05:36 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
If CCP started a PvE server, then the people who have that main interest would go there. The people who are interested in empire building and so on, that is those who create most of the player driven content, would stay on TQ. As a result Eve would continue to be Eve. There would be fewer people on TQ, but how many "All I want to do is level up my Raven" type players does TQ need?

A lot.
Because bumping/ganking PvErs is hilarious.
Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#68 - 2015-05-20 21:21:13 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
PVE players don't feel superior for succeeding at a raid, they just feel entertained, maybe even rewarded. PVP'ers feel superior.

You clearly have never raided Shocked

I was main raidleader for a mid-tier raiding guild in WoW for two years. Raiders are entitled, whiney, aggressive, puffed-up buffoons, who will take every opportunity to lord the slightest achievement over the "scrubs" who either haven't achieved it, or did so the week after them.

It was a constant carosel of condescending comments from other guilds about us "finally getting there", vitriolic comments from the top players in the guild at the new guy brought in as a last-minute replacement, or simply because we've been farming the place for three months, so its about time to let some new people see the inside, and of course, lets not forget the poorly-co-ordinated inattentive new guy we dragged through the place the week before perched at the nearest flight point showing off the new mount we just got him, bragging to all who pass about his leet skillzorz.

PVEers don't feel superior? Please Roll